Mendes to Sporting CP?

j1mgg

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are people getting this "the money will go to the bank, it won't be used for Boyd's new contract" from?

We've agreed terms with the bank which do not include having to sell a player. If we are going to increase spending (e.g. increasing Boyd's wage) we will have to find that money from somewhere, no further borrowing will be allowed.

So, if we are to offer Boyd a new deal, we have to either reduce the wage bill or bring money in from transfer of a player. This does both, if it goes through.

Do the people who think this think Boyd will not be offered a new contract on improved terms? If he is, then some of the money from any transfer will be used towards it. That's not debatable, we will have brought money in, some will go to the bank and some money will be used to improve Boyd's terms. If that's not the case, where does the money for Boyd's new wage come from?

Of course, if you believe we won't offer Boyd a contract, that's a different matter.

If we sell Mendes for as little as £1.3million then we're not as secure as we've been led to believe.

"We don't have to sell anyone and will only sell a player if the right offers come in".

I can't believe that so many people have a meh attitude towards this.

Huge, huge blow if we lose him and another one of our "key" players.

(tu)

Can't believe we're willing to sell one of our best players for such a low price in the middle of the season.

We already have such a thin squad yet we're willing to let a key player leave, with no likely replacement.

Where are people getting this "the money will go to the bank, it won't be used for Boyd's new contract" from?

We've agreed terms with the bank which do not include having to sell a player. If we are going to increase spending (e.g. increasing Boyd's wage) we will have to find that money from somewhere, no further borrowing will be allowed.

So, if we are to offer Boyd a new deal, we have to either reduce the wage bill or bring money in from transfer of a player. This does both, if it goes through.

Do the people who think this think Boyd will not be offered a new contract on improved terms? If he is, then some of the money from any transfer will be used towards it. That's not debatable, we will have brought money in, some will go to the bank and some money will be used to improve Boyd's terms. If that's not the case, where does the money for Boyd's new wage come from?

Of course, if you believe we won't offer Boyd a contract, that's a different matter.

This is what ive been tryig to say!!!! My thoughts exactly

If we sell Mendes for as little as £1.3million then we're not as secure as we've been led to believe.

"We don't have to sell anyone and will only sell a player if the right offers come in".

My guess is that his wages are a problem.

Esp when he doesn't seem to feature much.

But thank you for his contribution last season.

Exactly, and in all honesty I think this had been agreed a while back and Mendes's injury wasn't as serious as people were led to believe, something I mentioned about a month or so ago...

One contribution I will never forget is the goal against the scum :praise:

Exactly, and in all honesty I think this had been agreed a while back and Mendes's injury wasn't as serious as people were led to believe, something I mentioned about a month or so ago...

One contribution I will never forget is the goal against the scum :praise:

His DU goal to make it 2-0. Could argue it decided the title.

If anybody thinks we are willing to sell a player on high wages to put Kris Boyd on high wages, then sorry you are going to be severely disappointed.

Why is that? Boyd might not be on the 25 or 30k a week that Mendes is on but surely we can up the 12k he is on enough to keep him.

To be honest i would take that amount of money for mendes

He hasn't really played well since the 4-2 win at parkhead

but thats just my opinion

what about the DU game the last game of the season?or do we just forget about that game?