Mendes to Sporting CP?

j1mgg

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-arti...ro-Mendes/4733/

Portuguese giants Sporting Lisbon have agreed a €1.5 million euro fee with Rangers for veteran midfielder Pedro Mendes .

Mendes would welcome a move to Sporting Lisbon as it would aid his quest for a place in the Portugal World Cup squad.

The 30-year-old midfielder has not played for Rangers since their Champions League defeat to Unirea Urziceni in October due to a medial ligament injury.

The former Spurs and Portsmouth midfielder is contracted to Rangers until the end of next season and is set to return to action in their next SPL game against Hamilton.

Sporting Lisbon are set to bring in a raft of new players in the January transfer window after a poor first half of the campaign.

Mendes could well replace Miguel Veloso who has been linked with a move to Fiorentina and Barcelona in recent days.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't want to class as sourced as I'm not sure on the credibility of IMScouting (if any) but they are claiming that Rangers have agreed a 1.5million euro deal with Sporting for Pedro Mendes. Radio Clyde seem to have picked up on it too but haven't said anything about a fee.

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-arti...ro-Mendes/4733/

Portuguese giants Sporting Lisbon have agreed a €1.5 million euro fee with Rangers for veteran midfielder Pedro Mendes .

Mendes would welcome a move to Sporting Lisbon as it would aid his quest for a place in the Portugal World Cup squad.

The 30-year-old midfielder has not played for Rangers since their Champions League defeat to Unirea Urziceni in October due to a medial ligament injury.

The former Spurs and Portsmouth midfielder is contracted to Rangers until the end of next season and is set to return to action in their next SPL game against Hamilton.

Sporting Lisbon are set to bring in a raft of new players in the January transfer window after a poor first half of the campaign.

Mendes could well replace Miguel Veloso who has been linked with a move to Fiorentina and Barcelona in recent days.

He cost £3 million didnt he?

In which case 1.5 million euros (£1.3 million) seems very low and a bad bit of business. I would a thought £2.5 million at least.

Antwillar makes a fair point about tae 20 grand a week it wouldae free up, but just me opinion we should hold for a better offer

I agree id rather keep stevie davis if it wasae choice between the two a them

In which case 1.5 million euros (£1.3 million) seems very low and a bad bit of business. I would a thought £2.5 million at least.

Antwillar makes a fair point about tae 20 grand a week it wouldae free up, but just me opinion we should hold for a better offer

Why cant you speak properly son?

Its on the sky sports website now aswell.

Personally I don't want him to leave as the squad is thin enough, I wouldn't want him to leave for such a low fee aswell.

If Sporting think they can replace Veloso with Mendes then we should be looking for a lot more than they are reported to be offering.

The way our finances are though it'll be looked at as £1.35 million + around 18 months of wages, £1.5 million, saved so will roughly be a £3 million deal. Also I thought he was more around the £2.5 million mark in transfer fee. In an ideal world i'd like to keep a hold of him and see him and davis in the centre with novo and beasley on the wings, especially for the next old firm game, but as we don't live in an ideal world he seems like one of the best choices to ship out to decrease the wage bill.

Thats very poor business, giving his reptutation and the price of bid we knocked back last january... whilst I believe he is one of the few players we could actually sell... that is a ridiculous offer

I think rangers should try and hold on to what they have, but if an offer between £2.5-£3 million gets offered I dnt think rangers wul say no. £1.5 million is such a bad offer 4 a player like mende :disappointment:

Would rather lose Pedro Mendes than someone like Madjid Bougherra, Kris Boyd, Steven Davis....

He's been pretty poor this season, and since his injury, we have hardly missed him, especially away from home, where he tend's to struggle. He's obviously a better player than Lee McCulloch, but IMO, he's not the player some make him out to be.

However, I'd rather he stayed until the summer.