Mendes to Sporting CP?

j1mgg

Heard about this today but come on to fuck Rangers hold out for a little more eh, after all he'll be playing in the World Cup this year

Really pisses me off that we let players leave for next to nothing.. He will be playing in the world cup with Portugal!!!! 1.5 mill... fuck sakes :disappointment:

Celtc are wanting £4/5 million for McDonald according to the press or whatevers but still, I reckon Mendes is still worth what we paid for him

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard about this today but come on to fuck Rangers hold out for a little more eh, after all he'll be playing in the World Cup this year

But will he be, i don't think he is guarenteed a place so thats the reason why he will want to go back ? (tu)

Surely if Martin Bain showed a bit of balls towards the bank here and didn't bow down as soon as an offer is made we could be pushing 3 million upwards for Mendes

Exactly! I reckon quite some way upwards as well!! Mendes is worth double of whatever McDonald is worth..

Wouldn't be the worst transfer in the world for us if we could squeeze a bigger transfer fee out of it, it is a bit low. Rangers can play well without him but he adds depth and experience to our squad. I liked him for about the first 6 months at Rangers then he got a bit boring and didn't really do much, still class on his day though.

Why are we looking to sell our best players for buttons?

Every club looks at us and see how badly managed we have been and offer insulting amounts for our players and we roll over and ask them to push in just a bit further..

Someone has to be brought to boot for bringing our great club to this........what a shambles we've become.

Pedro Mendes is a £3m player and nothing less......more if the Beggars really believe McDonald is worth £4m

It is thought that Mendes – who has 18 months left to run on a contract reported to pay £20,000 a week – will be moved on to free up cash for a new contract for striker Kris Boyd. Boyd is out of contract at the end of the season but will hold talks over a new deal this week, whilst Birmingham City, Middlesbrough and French club Sochaux queue up for his signature.

Mendes, who would command a fee of around £1.5 million for his services, has been out of action since injuring his knee in the 4-1 home defeat to Unirea Urziceni back in October. In his absence, Lee McCulloch and Steve Davis have stepped into the central midfield role, whilst Kevin Thomson and Maurice Edu are also available to play in that position.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-prem...so-replacement/

If i remember correctly Mendes was one of the names i mentioned in a thread about players potentially leaving Ibrox.

The Boyd situation has changed in our favour and the word from inside Ibrox is that Boyd is going nowhere.

The McGregor one i am still working on because the information i was given garding Alexander came from a source close to Alexander.

At this time though i cannot confirm if it was genuine or someone wanting to start a vicious rumour.

As for Bougherra the story was correct 2 months ago but since then a lot has happened and i now cannot confirm if Bougherra's situation has changed or he still does have that EPL club lined up.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see unfortunately.

Whats the one about Alexander?

The word doing the rounds was that Alexander was going to be offered a contract extension and become the number 1 with the possibility of McGregor being sold.

If it's true, and that's a big if then I have no problems with it. Mendes has been nothing more than a bit part player this year. Even last season he was very hot and cold. I would much rather give Boyd a new contract than keep Mendes around.

Fuckin shameful that we have to sell to offer someone an improved contract.

We're a fuckin shambles.

(tu) Spot on, thing is I would be happy with this to happen as long as it means Boyd would stay. Which is a terrible state of affairs.

Is it not the case the bank wont allow the club to give any of the management and players a new contract.?

i dont think so, why would they do that? so we end up with a full team of under 19's competing in champs league next year, or to make sure we dont win the title. thats just silly

the bank must want us to keep our best players, thats obvious, but weve done alright without pedro, punting him is not the worst thing we could do, but we should have already have boyd tied up regardless of who we are selling, and we should have demanded more of a fee for pedro, thats just bain not doing his job as usual.

the management are not getting new deals coz the new owners are going to replace them. IMHO of course!!!

(tu)

I think it could be the right time to move Mendes on.

He hasn't been playing well at all before he crocked himself. He admitted that himself.

We could keep him as back up (which he will be) sitting on the bench on 20 grand a week. Or we could selll him, get a decent amount of money and cut the wages a bit and keep our top scorer.

I think it could be the right time to move Mendes on.

He hasn't been playing well at all before he crocked himself. He admitted that himself.

We could keep him as back up (which he will be) sitting on the bench on 20 grand a week. Or we could selll him, get a decent amount of money and cut the wages a bit and keep our top scorer.

thats the thing tb, your totally correct but we REALLY SHOULDNT have to sell to keep

we are Rangers, not some provincial club!

(tu)

Fair enough if selling Mendes is to free up cash, to get Boyd tied to a new contract. But I still think we need to replace Mendes, theres a need for a creative midifielder in there. Davis is a very good player, and when played in the middle he is our creative force, but when he either out on the right or not in the squad at all, we have nothing in terms of creativity.

Fair enough if selling Mendes is to free up cash, to get Boyd tied to a new contract. But I still think we need to replace Mendes, theres a need for a creative midifielder in there. Davis is a very good player, and when played in the middle he is our creative force, but when he either out on the right or not in the squad at all, we have nothing in terms of creativity.

Yeah and most of the time davis was playing on the right was because mendes was playing in the middle...