Mendes to Sporting CP?

j1mgg

If anybody thinks we are willing to sell a player on high wages to put Kris Boyd on high wages, then sorry you are going to be severely disappointed.

Why is that? Boyd might not be on the 25 or 30k a week that Mendes is on but surely we can up the 12k he is on enough to keep him.

We wont be increasing anybody terms at the club, Bain even took a wage cut and he took on more responsibility.

Boyd, Novo, Broadfoot, DMB etc will get offered the same terms on view to a increase if we get buyer for the club.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anybody thinks we are willing to sell a player on high wages to put Kris Boyd on high wages, then sorry you are going to be severely disappointed.

Why is that? Boyd might not be on the 25 or 30k a week that Mendes is on but surely we can up the 12k he is on enough to keep him.

We wont be increasing anybody terms at the club, Bain even took a wage cut and he took on more responsibility.

Boyd, Novo, Broadfoot, DMB etc will get offered the same terms on view to a increase if we get buyer for the club.

I disagree mate, I think Boyd will have to be offered increased terms if we want to keep him. I don't think he'll be offered the £30k per week Mendes was on (obviously) but even if he was we'd still have taken £12k a week off the wage bill. Say we offer him £18k (not saying we will, just a figure off the top of my head) we will have used £6k per week of Mendes' £30k on his wage, pay the bank £1.3m or whatever, and we are saving £24k per week wages.

I fully expect Boyd to be offered increased terms, I just hope they are good enough for him to accept (tu)

Disappointingly low amount IMO, should be asking for £2.5 million at least.

Sadly it does make business sense to get rid of a player who is most likely on 25k a week.

If the money saved could be used to get Boyd a contract and maybe get in an attacking midfielder as cover for Davis, then i would be a happy man.

Thats not gonna happen tho! :(

If we sell Mendes for as little as £1.3million then we're not as secure as we've been led to believe.

"We don't have to sell anyone and will only sell a player if the right offers come in".

The reason to sell Mendes was a financial descision not a footballing one.

Our squad is already paper thin so It doesn't make sense to sell Mendes or anyone

else at this stage of the season.

What happens when we have players injured and suspended.

We had players missing against Celtic and struggled badly. Had they been able to finish half

the chances they created we would have been looking at a very heavy defeat.

To be honest i would take that amount of money for mendes

He hasn't really played well since the 4-2 win at parkhead

but thats just my opinion

what about the DU game the last game of the season?or do we just forget about that game?

well theres the next game that you thought he played well in which is quite bad for a midfielder

I disagree mate, I think Boyd will have to be offered increased terms if we want to keep him. I don't think he'll be offered the £30k per week Mendes was on (obviously) but even if he was we'd still have taken £12k a week off the wage bill. Say we offer him £18k (not saying we will, just a figure off the top of my head) we will have used £6k per week of Mendes' £30k on his wage, pay the bank £1.3m or whatever, and we are saving £24k per week wages.

I fully expect Boyd to be offered increased terms, I just hope they are good enough for him to accept (tu)

Sorry BP, we'll just need to agree to disagree.

If we sell Mendes for as little as £1.3million then we're not as secure as we've been led to believe.

"We don't have to sell anyone and will only sell a player if the right offers come in".

The reason to sell Mendes was a financial descision not a footballing one.

Our squad is already paper thin so It doesn't make sense to sell Mendes or anyone

else at this stage of the season.

What happens when we have players injured and suspended.

We had players missing against Celtic and struggled badly. Had they been able to finish half

the chances they created we would have been looking at a very heavy defeat.

I imagine Ness will have to come in.

They said there would be a bigger emphasis on promoting from within, sadly that seems to mean flogging our best players at knock-down prices.

Hes certainly not the type of player we should be looking to sell

Being able to survive without a player is not cause to sell him

If he was in the Rangers team that has been playing well recently, with two wingers and Miller and Boyd up front, he would be fantastic, and worth alot more than 1.5m very quickly

Also having a set up where if you get injured for any length of time, you are then a prime candidate for being sold, is not a way to run a football club

I agree completely with this.. Just because we have been doing ok without him doesnt mean he should go. Someone mentioned that he wasnt playing too well before his injury..form is temporary but class is permanent! Imagine if he was playing in that midfield (with wingers) rather than big Lee?? IF he was to be sold then 1.5 mill (euros or punds) is a complete joke. I Personally think that we got him for next to nothing.. Hes an International.... FOR PORTUGAL!!!!!! Name another Portugese international that has that price tag???? I say keep him!

If i remember correctly Mendes was one of the names i mentioned in a thread about players potentially leaving Ibrox.

The Boyd situation has changed in our favour and the word from inside Ibrox is that Boyd is going nowhere.

The McGregor one i am still working on because the information i was given garding Alexander came from a source close to Alexander.

At this time though i cannot confirm if it was genuine or someone wanting to start a vicious rumour.

As for Bougherra the story was correct 2 months ago but since then a lot has happened and i now cannot confirm if Bougherra's situation has changed or he still does have that EPL club lined up.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see unfortunately.

If i remember correctly Mendes was one of the names i mentioned in a thread about players potentially leaving Ibrox.

The Boyd situation has changed in our favour and the word from inside Ibrox is that Boyd is going nowhere.

The McGregor one i am still working on because the information i was given garding Alexander came from a source close to Alexander.

At this time though i cannot confirm if it was genuine or someone wanting to start a vicious rumour.

As for Bougherra the story was correct 2 months ago but since then a lot has happened and i now cannot confirm if Bougherra's situation has changed or he still does have that EPL club lined up.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see unfortunately.

Whats the one about Alexander?

Sky Sports News at times, are about as reliable as the BBC.

It look's like they have taken their information from the article that was on IMScouting this morning, and they haven't reported it on their news channel.

Sky Sports News at times, are about as reliable as the BBC.

It look's like they have taken their information from the article that was on IMScouting this morning, and they haven't reported it on their news channel.

This thread stinks of shite :anguish:

i would be looking more at the £2 million mark if we were to sell him!

id rather he stayed to the end of the sseason as i would like to see him and davis in the midfield again.

but if the club wanna sell him and he wants to go, then it will happen!