Players who aren't good enough

MartinGers93

291 members have voted

1. 1. Will Fleck Ever Make It At Rangers

• Yes
    • No

Lafferty has some decent attributes, he seems good at hounding defenders and some of his link up play is good. Unfortunately he seems to lack confidence, which is perplexing considering his interviews, a first touch, finishing and the right attitude. He's not shown enough since Boyd and Miller's injuries to suggest that he's capable of playing here for years, but I won't rule him out just yet.

Can't judge Thomson til next season. You see how Chelsea have been with easing Joe Cole back into the team? This is, ideally, how we would have eased Thomson back into action. He will not be able to recapture his previous best form until next season, he may never recover it. Saying that, I thought he had a good first half today.

Fleck showed flashes of ability in the first half and was even better in the second half, dunno how people didn't see his driving runs?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nonsense

all 3 will come good

plus Big Lee is the new Crab.

thomson has no options to hit in front of him, lafferty cant win 50/50s and is unwilling to creae space for himself, but he will learn, thats what the coaches are there for

fleck gonna prove you all wrong, played in his correct position he will be great, played left midfield, he will end up ruined

wilson is already playing for a top european side

(tu)

i know but i'm talking about maybe a bayern or ac milan or maybe even a chelsea who challenge in europe but bayern have feel away a bit but ac are back on the way up

wait till we have a coach with vision and balls, then we will be challenging those clubs, its not tv money v tv money, its 11 v 11 (tu)

we are huge, fuckin massive

(tu)

i know how huge we are but just look at it know you do need to spend big to win big in europe we just don't have the money in stature we are one of the top 10 clubs in world football along with man utd liverpool barca and real easily trumph bayern chelsea arsenal and the rest but now money is too much of a factor

i disagree mate, its about organisation, hunger, attitude and having the balls to go for it

moneys only a factor for the wrong type of players for Rangers mate

its not always goliath who wins

(tu)

You are hilariously dillusional. The biggest reason by an absolute mile why we cant compete with top european teams is money, simple as.

Of course the manager, coaches, players etc plays a part but the gulf in class is bigger than it ever has been and its getting worse each year because of MONEY. Do you honestly think we would have got pumped out of Europe by Romanian minnows and a relegation troubled German side if we had the £50m + budget that countless top teams have... LOL

The sad reality is that all we should concern ourselves with ATM is beating Celtic to the league, and hopefully we can find a way out of the dying SPL in the future! Bad times indeed!

If John Fleck is to become an important player for us, and make the grade at Rangers, then he has to be given the chance, and in his proper position. None of this playing him on the left or right of midfield rubbish, as he cannot play out there - it's obvious for everyone to see that.

nonsense

all 3 will come good

plus Big Lee is the new Crab.

thomson has no options to hit in front of him, lafferty cant win 50/50s and is unwilling to creae space for himself, but he will learn, thats what the coaches are there for

fleck gonna prove you all wrong, played in his correct position he will be great, played left midfield, he will end up ruined

wilson is already playing for a top european side

(tu)

I've been critical of Fleck in the past but he was one of, if not the, best player for us today. Always looking to run at players, drag players about the park, he just needs to work on his weaker foot.

Thomson played well on Tuesday night, but is obviously still not 100% fit as he tired very early on today, but that's to be expected + he plays better with a more attacking centre mid in beside him to give the ball to but he didn't have that today.

As for Lafferty, theres too many faults today, he needs to get the extra work in at training rather than pissing about in Bamboo on a Wednesday night when he's meant to be ill.

are u not just looking for people 2 blame for us not winning and u just decided 2 pick on these 3 every one has an off day even us! :lol:

I think we should be looking at the positive things of todays game i.e the fighting spirit we showed to come back so late in the game u have got 2 remember we are 10 points clear with most of our first team out and we have shown plenty of times this season when our backs are againt the wall walter and the troops get a result

THATS WHY WE ARE CHAMPIONS! :praise::praise::praise:

@ sdunsmb

i refuse to accept that lack of funds is the reason why we cant compete in Europe. "money" is a shitey, pathetic and desperate excuse.

just imo the biggest reason why we cant compete just now is due to our poor player aquisition and the management teams cautious style, weve spent more than enough to have a very decent team, and yet years into his second stint as Boss, Walter still cannot field a team of 11 players all in their natural positions, after all those millions spent we are still disjointed/poor and the manager still cant pick a team to suite a formation.

youve got some clubs on a level they shouldnt be at, Real Madrid, richest and biggest club in the world, theyve done next to fuck all for years, poor management from top to bottom, Liverpool the same, they are not untouchable and no-one is unbeatable in 90mins.

clubs similar to us in terms of turnover manage to hold their own in Europe amonst the big boys, some even shock a few with the odd victory, were not asking to be world beaters but our ambitions should be more than an SPL title here and there.

i think there are some players in our squad who can compete with teams like Stuttgart no problem, they proved it before, albeit defending for the majority, and we had a whole team of players who should have beat the Romanians, and the Lithuanians(we can go back to the 90's if you like and we had a bit of cash then!), where the Romanians saying, oh well, we have next to no money so we have no chance? do provincial clubs say that when they play against us? or do they roll their sleeves up and get right in about it? We were pathetic in Europe. And for the majority were not even pretty in the SPL

you say you're content just beating ce**ic, that is sad, i want more than that, Rangers are about more than that

We are never moving from Scotland, you should probably forget about that. We're here to stay.

Its not bad times, its troubled times which will only get better

Im sure we're 10 clear anyway

:sherlock:

I really hope Fleck comes good and he at times shows flashes of doing so, but overall I have my doubts as he is fairly slow and seems very limited to me.

He seems to lack confidence and continually gives away possession. So far just not good enough, but given time maybe. A big question mark if you ask me - definitely no super star though.

If we had enough cover, giving Fleck a season long loan to a Championship or SPL club would be an absolute fucking masterstroke.

I suggested that at the start of the season and was lambasted for it. I still think it's what the boy needs.

Can't believe folk would even suggest Fleck isn't good enough to make it here. Would only be a case of mis management for that to happen. Played in a central role he will excell. The guy has alot of talent but needs to get his head down and drop the ego.

He would do well to learn from that Robinson lad that scored today, only 17 and worked his bloody socks off the full time he was on.

Guest SandyWaTp
I really hope Fleck comes good and he at times shows flashes of doing so, but overall I have my doubts as he is fairly slow and seems very limited to me.

He seems to lack confidence and continually gives away possession. So far just not good enough, but given time maybe. A big question mark if you ask me - definitely no super star though.

I wouldn't say he was slow

Fleck's an 18 year old, just breaking into top team football, and he has bags of talent, would have Manchester United been interested if he wasn't a good player?

I reckon he has worked on his attitude since the Coisty saga and getting put back down to the reserve squad, but I guess if it was me, I'd be a bit arrogant as well, although I wouldn't of spoken like that to a club legend, young, talented, playing for a team you support and getting money you could only dream of making at 17/18.

When he's playing through the middle he looks really good.

I thought Fleck done well today

I agree i thought Fleck in his natural position was pretty good today.

Lafferty and Broadfoot were rank again and Weir needs to improve on his distribution......it's either a long ball to Lafferty(who canny jump) or a long ball to nae cunt

To be able to judge Fleck, as well as being only 18, we have to see him play a number of games in his preferred position. Thompson, IMO, can still make an impact at Rangers, and as much as i'd like Lafferty to start scoring the goals, i'm not sure if he will????