Golf

kplfishtank

3 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Playing Gleneagles Kings Course this Friday.

Good trek dummie, you will enjoy that. 

I'm fortunate that my best mates ails man has a corporate membership at Gleneagles and we frequent it a lot. 

Tend to play it 5 or 6 times a year over the different course.

Always in beautiful condition.

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Good trek dummie, you will enjoy that. 

I'm fortunate that my best mates ails man has a corporate membership at Gleneagles and we frequent it a lot. 

Tend to play it 5 or 6 times a year over the different course.

Always in beautiful condition.

I played the Queens earlier in the year in horrific conditions, very nice course need to plot the way around. I am looking forward to playing this course.

10 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

I played the Queens earlier in the year in horrific conditions, very nice course need to plot the way around. I am looking forward to playing this course.

Queens is decent, but the kings is my favourite out all 3. I think it's better than the centenary course. 

Opening hole is nice, huge fairway but you st to an elevated green way above you with green sloping hugely back to front. 

They used the 1st on the kings as the range at the Ryder Cup. 

4 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Most people tell me Kings is their favourite. With the pga being too long, including the green to tee journeys.

Pga is a great course but your on the mark, some holes you have a 5-600 yard walk to next tee.

Enjoy it, kings will impress you.

YAAASSSSSS!!!

Won 2 up in my semi final earlier.

Played my best round of the past couple of months in what was a great tie.

Had never been past the quarters of this tourney before, so roll on finals day now on the 3rd Sept. Bonus that it is International weekend, so no conflict of interests with The Gers. :D

16 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

YAAASSSSSS!!!

Won 2 up in my semi final earlier.

Played my best round of the past couple of months in what was a great tie.

Had never been past the quarters of this tourney before, so roll on finals day now on the 3rd Sept. Bonus that it is International weekend, so no conflict of interests with The Gers. :D

Well played mate. Hope your opponent was a dirty rotten taig into the bargain.

11 hours ago, TheCutch said:

:lol:

It's Larkhall mate... We only have about 4 as members.

Anyway, he is a Well fan, so me pipping him late on was a familiar feeling for him. :D

It's years since I've played larkhall.

When I was younger I grew up learning to play at the 9 hole course at lanark and at Douglas Water.

I love Douglas Water, small greens that usually run well and you need to have your eye in to play well. When I was saying some really good golf and travelling aroung the open circuit I'd always play there in build up to events as you got so accurate hitting into small greens.

2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

It's years since I've played larkhall.

When I was younger I grew up learning to play at the 9 hole course at lanark and at Douglas Water.

I love Douglas Water, small greens that usually run well and you need to have your eye in to play well. When I was saying some really good golf and travelling aroung the open circuit I'd always play there in build up to events as you got so accurate hitting into small greens.

Was never a fan of DW myself. But I can understand your thinking on that one mate. 

6 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

Was never a fan of DW myself. But I can understand your thinking on that one mate. 

I used to play it loads for that reason.

I'm good mates with one of the best golfers in Lanarkshire, that's his home club but plays out of Hamilton. He says the same, feels like he is tuned into playing greens that are like a 3rd of the size.

4 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I used to play it loads for that reason.

I'm good mates with one of the best golfers in Lanarkshire, that's his home club but plays out of Hamilton. He says the same, feels like he is tuned into playing greens that are like a 3rd of the size.

I know that feeling mate.

I definitely hit more greens in regulation at away courses than at Larky. Problem then is I am usually left with double the length of putts I am used to. :lol:

29 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

I know that feeling mate.

I definitely hit more greens in regulation at away courses than at Larky. Problem then is I am usually left with double the length of putts I am used to. :lol:

Ha aye you leave yourself a 40ft putt n take the wedge out!! ???

57 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Played the Kings Course yesterday what a course, was playing utterly shit but you have to really admire Braid's design, simply wonderful. Birdies 14 and 16 and that was about it.

Gorgeous isn't it dummie. Said that too you, it's my favourite n you will now see it. Just a beautiful lay out. 

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Gorgeous isn't it dummie. Said that too you, it's my favourite n you will now see it. Just a beautiful lay out. 

Beautiful mate. Need to get back n play it again. The 18th is as good as a finishing. Hole gets.

16 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Beautiful mate. Need to get back n play it again. The 18th is as good as a finishing. Hole gets.

Yeah it's cracking. I love the par 3 where the green looks like it's an island and you hit over just a drop of about 20ft with walkway etc under you.

7 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Yeah it's cracking. I love the par 3 where the green looks like it's an island and you hit over just a drop of about 20ft with walkway etc under you.

The 5th that sounds like, yeah one of the few holes I parred on the front nine.i was shocking.

Had a 67 in the medal today and missed a 5ft putt on the last for birdie played really well just focusing on greens in reg. hit 2 bad shots all day cost me a 6 and a 5. Left some putts out there one of the other guys a was playing with had a 67 also he plays off 5 one of the best golf swings at my club. 

Day aI hit 67 it will only be my age! Played my first tedas scramble last week and we came second. The charity made a fortune which was all that mattered but second was good going it rained non stop for 17 holes and we were second last out.