Walter's Interview

gman

I didn't hear it so not sure what context he was meaning it in, but if it's about the finances I'd say he's growing increasingly annoyed with the bank. I reckon he's absolutely fuming under the surface,just waiting to erupt.

By strange irony....Walters first reign was seen by many as such a huge success due to him 'buying' the leagues. (I don't go along with that fully....he just spent the right amount of money on the right players at that time) but this time around, he'll be remembered for what he did with (by comparison) a couple of brass farthings! (tu)

he probably feels like a dick coz he told the world he could sign players again and got no one, maybe the bank fucked him about just like it sounds they are messing us about over Boyd

somethings obv not right there

It was interesting that when he let slip about Lloyds having appointed DM, they came out with all sorts of counter claims & denials. Why would Smith come out & say it if it wasn't true?

I just don't get what happens with our transfers. One minute we're selling Mendes for £1.5m (a steal), yet we're supposed to be paying nearly £1m to him in wages over the remainder of his contract with us! So net, we get £500k for Mendes and the bank are looking for £3m!

Suurely the bank must also see that by depleting our squad we're less attractive as an investment and less likely to find a buyer!

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flecky, i've no idea what the bank wants or are playing at, all I am sure of was Walter was making a statement, however guarded, about the state his Rangers are in. I don't know who it was adressed to, but I sure as fuck heard it!

i heard it too, ive already said, he sounded so upset

David Murray and Bain have fucked us over big time

30 million is not too good. but cmon, man u, liverpool, real madrid, and a host of other clubs r in serious debt, even though they bigger clubs, is there debt really any more serviceable than ours?

The debt must surely be in the mid to low £20m mark after reducing the squad by about a dozen first team players and Champions League money gained this year.

We have gained Champions League money and all the TV money (£5m?) for it this year, reduced the wage bill by about £6m, took in about £3.5m in transfer fees and look like getting straight into the group stages again. Surely our debt must be reducing significantly, why are Lloyds being such cunts?
Despite that intake, we still have huge running costs, so that cant be put into clear debt right away.

Yes, but surely those running costs are significantly lower than they were when the figures for 08/09 season were drawn up???? We've virtually halved the playing squad and are paying very low wages.

I didn't hear it so not sure what context he was meaning it in, but if it's about the finances I'd say he's growing increasingly annoyed with the bank. I reckon he's absolutely fuming under the surface,just waiting to erupt.

By strange irony....Walters first reign was seen by many as such a huge success due to him 'buying' the leagues. (I don't go along with that fully....he just spent the right amount of money on the right players at that time) but this time around, he'll be remembered for what he did with (by comparison) a couple of brass farthings! (tu)

he probably feels like a dick coz he told the world he could sign players again and got no one, maybe the bank fucked him about just like it sounds they are messing us about over Boyd

somethings obv not right there

It was interesting that when he let slip about Lloyds having appointed DM, they came out with all sorts of counter claims & denials. Why would Smith come out & say it if it wasn't true?

I just don't get what happens with our transfers. One minute we're selling Mendes for £1.5m (a steal), yet we're supposed to be paying nearly £1m to him in wages over the remainder of his contract with us! So net, we get £500k for Mendes and the bank are looking for £3m!

Suurely the bank must also see that by depleting our squad we're less attractive as an investment and less likely to find a buyer!

Our transfer policy in recent years has been a disgrace, along with shambolic contract negotiations, they have cost us millions upon millions, that we didnt have now were finding out

SDM has alot to answer for

Its a horrible mess and brings all this shite back up again

He never even deflected Dicks question, he answered him straight out.........its going to get worse he said :(

30 million is not too good. but cmon, man u, liverpool, real madrid, and a host of other clubs r in serious debt, even though they bigger clubs, is there debt really any more serviceable than ours?

They have a guaranteed income every year that means they can easily cope with their debt. We don't.

If that arse Dave King can come up with 20 million, then we need 100,000 supporters to cough up £100 pound each. Problem solved. Now, who is any good with money matters? get something rolling here.

what are these running costs that we hear of? they seem very high

i know our wage bill was too high, but surely now its at a sustainable level ffs, weve hardly got a team, weve cut back on so much on the playing side in last 2 years

'Anybody who thinks that there won't be a problem come the end of the season is deluding themselves and i'm saying that as a supporter as well as being the manager of the club'

:disappointment:

very strange i just wonder what hes getting at its as if he trying to tell us the fans something but cant say

''I'm a supporter and have concerns forget me being a manager. If nothing changes before the end of the season, even if we win the league, the club is in serious trouble, anyone who believes otherwise is severly deluded''

Took this quote from FF is this his exact words? I missed the interview.

Considering we are on a high at the moment its a odd time to speak out. I hope there isn't a storm brewing :anguish:

I thought we where slowly chipping away at the debt keeping the bank happy - the debt must be going down surely we've spent fcuk all.

''I'm a supporter and have concerns forget me being a manager. If nothing changes before the end of the season, even if we win the league, the club is in serious trouble, anyone who believes otherwise is severly deluded''

Took this quote from FF is this his exact words? I missed the interview.

Considering we are on a high at the moment its a odd time to speak out. I hope there isn't a storm brewing :anguish:

I thought we where slowly chipping away at the debt keeping the bank happy - the debt must be going down surely we've spent fcuk all.

thats what does my head in, i thought the same

We have gained Champions League money and all the TV money (£5m?) for it this year, reduced the wage bill by about £6m, took in about £3.5m in transfer fees and look like getting straight into the group stages again. Surely our debt must be reducing significantly, why are Lloyds being such cunts?
Despite that intake, we still have huge running costs, so that cant be put into clear debt right away.

Yes, but surely those running costs are significantly lower than they were when the figures for 08/09 season were drawn up???? We've virtually halved the playing squad and are paying very low wages.

Most of the high earners are gone now, and we have a pool of 18 supplemented by youngsters, compared to last season when we had about 30 odd first team players.

If that arse Dave King can come up with 20 million, then we need 100,000 supporters to cough up £100 pound each. Problem solved. Now, who is any good with money matters? get something rolling here.

You'd be lucky to get 5000-15000 willing to put that money up

Exactly we have dramatically reduced the wage bill and also brought in money from transfers and CL etc. I think its time for the club to tell the truth about the situation we are in.

Also surely we maust make enough from Season tickets, JJB, Sponsors, Rent and various other income to cover the out goings if its not then its clearly been financially mis managed in a big way.

These domesday scenarios are utter bollocks. Smith's just overcooking it as an SOS to new investment.

If you're telling me a club of Rangers size, with our home gates, plus Champions League money, can't break even over a season then id like to see some numbers please.

You can understand the bank doesnt want the debt increasing, but a stable debt of £30million odd, presuming we only break even, is barely loose change to Lloyds.

Exactly we have dramatically reduced the wage bill and also brought in money from transfers and CL etc. I think its time for the club to tell the truth about the situation we are in.

Also surely we maust make enough from Season tickets, JJB, Sponsors, Rent and various other income to cover the out goings if its not then its clearly been financially mis managed in a big way.

not in the last 2 years we havnt, weve lost alot of money

just now as we downsize sadly were cutting costs but it seems that repayments to unnecessary people seem to be adding to our outgoings, things like moneys owed by us

we made more money keeping our shops, the jjb deal has cost us money and some prestige

the amount of millions weve pished away unnecassarily over last couple of years has been shocking

we have been seriously mismanaged financially over last few years

the financial wizards will probably be in this thread later to tell us the exact figures

He knows things we dont. I am seriously considering wether to renew my season ticket, as supporters we should know what is going on and not kept in the dark untill doomsday
If the existance of this great club depends on it, then get right in there.

These domesday scenarios are utter bollocks. Smith's just overcooking it as an SOS to new investment.

If you're telling me a club of Rangers size, with our home gates, plus Champions League money, can't break even over a season then id like to see some numbers please.

You can understand the bank doesnt want the debt increasing, but a stable debt of £30million odd, presuming we only break even, is barely loose change to Lloyds.

i thought the same, but bluedell put me right few weeks back, last few years accounts have been very bleak reading

Surely this season we will be making a profit. Due too our wage bill being basically fuck all due to all the high earners being punted. Season ticket sales must be £10mill - £15mill CL money must be £10mill+ TV money, Sponsorship money, New strip sales, Transfer fees in and various other income.

There is no way in hell we can just break even or make a loss this season if we do then some fucker is stealing a pile of cash

He knows things we dont. I am seriously considering wether to renew my season ticket, as supporters we should know what is going on and not kept in the dark untill doomsday
If the existance of this great club depends on it, then get right in there.

but then what are fans buying in to? blind loyalty?