273 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is better

• Whittaker
    • Broadfoot

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bin them both, I will go for an experienced Sandy Jardine, a bit older than big Weir, and he is already on the pay roll at Ibrox or move Arthur Numan over to right back, he's younger than Sandy and about the same age as big Davie and Arthur may still be on the payroll as well. Both of these guys don't have to get forward and they are both great defenders, really doesn't say much for Whittaker or Eggman as defenders does it!!

Tough both inept in their own special way.

Whittaker can be good going forward then shocking in defence while Broadfoot is poor most of the time although not quite as spectacularly bad in defensive situations.

Whittaker gets my vote because he has given us one or two moments to remember. Broadfoot is a plodding misery to watch.

It'd terrible to have to chose between 2 god awful RBs. Broadfoot i guess is the better defender so he gets my vote. Whitts is just embarrasing at RB, opposition see him there and know they can put him under pressure and either beat him or get the cross in. Whitts is a much better footballer and shows glimpses of class and scores some terrific goals (but all too infrequently); but the poll was for best RB so Broadfoot it is.

I prefer someone who can defend at times. Whittaker's defending is hopeless.

Both are not good enough, but I'd play Broadfoot ahead of Whittaker. The amount of goals we conceded down our right side as a result of Whittaker either getting caught out, diving in, or failing to close down... was a fcuking embarrassment. He was the weak link, and one most opposition targetted.

Both are not good enough, but I'd play Broadfoot ahead of Whittaker. The amount of goals we conceded down our right side as a result of Whittaker either getting caught out, diving in, or failing to close down... was a fcuking embarrassment. He was the weak link, and one most opposition targetted.

Weve conceded 15 goals in the spl this season.

How many goals were Whittakers fault?

Most of them. :craphead:

Most of them. :craphead:

Serious question......

I recall Papac giving away a needless penalty against Celtic

McCulloch Losing his man at a corner against Hamilton

Weir getting turned by Stokes at Ibrox for Hibs equaliser

Weir letting McDonald run off him for the goal at Parkhead

Im interested to find out how many are Whittakers fault.

Not just in the SPL!

When Whittaker plays at right back, the majority of teams see him as the weak link. May not always concede goals, but his defending is atrocious, and the amount of times he is beaten, and a ball is swung into the box happens far too often.

I don't rate Broadfoot either, but he is slightly better defensively, and IMO, that's what should come first in a fullback/defender.

I'm not keen on any of the fullbacks at the club, they are not good enough.

Not just in the SPL!

When Whittaker plays at right back, the majority of teams see him as the weak link. May not always concede goals, but his defending is atrocious, and the amount of times he is beaten, and a ball is swung into the box happens far too often.

I don't rate Broadfoot either, but he is slightly better defensively, and IMO, that's what should come first in a fullback/defender.

I agree he is not the best right back in the world, but he offers a lot more the Broadfoot does.

He hasn't cost us a lot of goals (Unlike others) and he has chipped in with 9 goals and a couple of assists.

He gets exposed as times, when Davis is right mid, as Davis tucks in and sometimes leaves him to content with 2 players.

We need to play Steven Whittaker, as we have enough defensive minded players in the team to cover for him. Broadfoot brings nothing to the Rangers team.

Not just in the SPL!

I agree he is not the best right back in the world, but he offers a lot more the Broadfoot does.

He hasn't cost us a lot of goals (Unlike others) and he has chipped in with 9 goals and a couple of assists.

He gets exposed as times, when Davis is right mid, as Davis tucks in and sometimes leaves him to content with 2 players.

We need to play Steven Whittaker, as we have enough defensive minded players in the team to cover for him. Broadfoot brings nothing to the Rangers team.

W lets folk in behind him every game he plays at right back, his positional sense is a constistant weakness. I agree he is the better footballer, hence the 9 goals, and should be played on the RIGHT of midfield. Broadfoot is consistent at RB