How much is Steven Davis actually worth?

gandhisflip

Steven Davis 11

Aiden McGeady 8

Kenny Miller 7

Andreas Hinkel 6

Daniel Swanson 5

Garry Hay 4

Kris Boyd 4

Derek Riordan 4

Kyle Lafferty 4

Ryan Flynn 4

DaMarcus Beasley 4

Steven Davis is a tremendous footballer and we're very lucky to have him. As the above Assists table for this season shows he is crucial to us. I see some casual talk on here that rates him in the £4-5m category. However when Celtic are looking for £10m for McGeady then i reckon in this market we must be looking for nearer that figure ourselves should the worst come to pass in the summer. Not only is there more end product than McGeady, he is much more consistent and does the business in the bigger games as well.

:praise: :praise: :praise:

Now he has found a good level of consistency in his game I would put him in the 6-8 million bracket (if going to the premiership)

Rangers captain from next season as far as I am concerned.

I'd agree with this.

McGeady has always been overpriced. An overrated footballer who produces a couple of step overs to get him attention. Fuck that, Davis produces results (tu).

Now he has found a good level of consistency in his game I would put him in the 6-8 million bracket (if going to the premiership)

Great player..if Celtic rate Mcgreedy at 10 mill, then Davis should be at least that!

As for captain I'm not sure hes vocal enough :sherlock:

Davis should be player of the year no bother this season. What clubs down south would want Davis? Man City? Villa? Birmingham? I'm not saying he couldn't play at a better or bigger club, I'm just saying that a bigger club wouldn't go in for him. Yeah I think £8M would be very reasonable for him, but I want him to stay.

I would agree with that. He has also led from the front much more in the last few months than he ever has, another aspect of his game which is constantly improving. He was always prone to going missing last season when things were tough but now he fights for every ball in the midfield and carries play forward on his own.

The spine of our team in Bougherra, Davis and Boyd is worth £20 million i would reckon.

I like Davis as a player, not sure that he can step up (yet) to be Captain.

I would also like to note his valuation will also be dependant upon his contract length but he is worth more than the £3.5M we paid for him, but not sure he is worth double that, so would rate him in the 5-6M catagory.

I would also like to note his valuation will also be dependant upon his contract length but he is worth more than the £3.5M we paid for him, but not sure he is worth double that, so would rate him in the 5-6M catagory.

I really, really don't want either Boogie or Davis to go in the summer. But if one has to we need to seek absolutely top dollar and in my eyes that starts at £6m for either of them given the crazy money in the Premiership. Davis more like £7/8m.

We all know that Bain (outwith Hutton) doesn't have a tremendous record in securing decent transfer fees. As i say hopefully it won't come to that though!

Great 2nd half display yesterday by the team. Whittaker, Thomson, McCulloch and Bougherra were superb. Lafferty did very well in the 2nd half too.

I really, really don't want either Boogie or Davis to go in the summer. But if one has to we need to seek absolutely top dollar and in my eyes that starts at £6m for either of them given the crazy money in the Premiership. Davis more like £7/8m.

We all know that Bain (outwith Hutton) doesn't have a tremendous record in securing decent transfer fees. As i say hopefully it won't come to that though!

Great 2nd half display yesterday by the team. Whittaker, Thomson, McCulloch and Bougherra were superb. Lafferty did very well in the 2nd half too.

Hutton?

Cuellar?

Boumsong?

Hutton?

Cuellar?

Boumsong?

If my memory serves me correctly we accepted the first bid for all 3 of these guys.

Davis is rubbish worth nothing so no need for any team to bid for him in the summer we'll just keep him on the books for the next 5 years and hope he comes good. Nah seriously we need to do everything to keep him here long term hes class. I'd say £9 million but how much is he worth to us...

Steven Davis 11

Aiden McGeady 8

Kenny Miller 7

Andreas Hinkel 6

Daniel Swanson 5

Garry Hay 4

Kris Boyd 4

Derek Riordan 4

Kyle Lafferty 4

Ryan Flynn 4

DaMarcus Beasley 4

How can Miller be worth 7 and Boyd be worth 4?

How can Garry Hay be worth the same amount as Boyd?

How is Ryan Flynn even on that list?

Swanson worth more than Boyd too?

Behave yourself. Kilmarnock getting 8 million from 2 players? At your prices we could sell Broadfoot for 13-14 million.

Steven Davis 11

Aiden McGeady 8

Kenny Miller 7

Andreas Hinkel 6

Daniel Swanson 5

Garry Hay 4

Kris Boyd 4

Derek Riordan 4

Kyle Lafferty 4

Ryan Flynn 4

DaMarcus Beasley 4

Behave yourself. Kilmarnock getting 8 million from 2 players? At your prices we could sell Broadfoot for 13-14 million.

I assumed that was assists?

Steven Davis 11

Aiden McGeady 8

Kenny Miller 7

Andreas Hinkel 6

Daniel Swanson 5

Garry Hay 4

Kris Boyd 4

Derek Riordan 4

Kyle Lafferty 4

Ryan Flynn 4

DaMarcus Beasley 4

I assumed that was assists?

U assumed correct

Steven Davis 11

Aiden McGeady 8

Kenny Miller 7

Andreas Hinkel 6

Daniel Swanson 5

Garry Hay 4

Kris Boyd 4

Derek Riordan 4

Kyle Lafferty 4

Ryan Flynn 4

DaMarcus Beasley 4

Facepalm.jpg

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl
Steven Davis 11

Aiden McGeady 8

Kenny Miller 7

Andreas Hinkel 6

Daniel Swanson 5

Garry Hay 4

Kris Boyd 4

Derek Riordan 4

Kyle Lafferty 4

Ryan Flynn 4

DaMarcus Beasley 4

:lol:

Steven Davis 11

Aiden McGeady 8

Kenny Miller 7

Andreas Hinkel 6

Daniel Swanson 5

Garry Hay 4

Kris Boyd 4

Derek Riordan 4

Kyle Lafferty 4

Ryan Flynn 4

DaMarcus Beasley 4

HAHAHAHA, numpty.

How much is Davo actually worth asks the op.

Well thats a question we will never know the answer to. Because what actually dertimines how much any player is worth in the first place? Obviously the factors are; success, age, contract length, internationalists.

But above all its all about demand that drives up a transfer fee. Club 1 comes in with offer of what they feel the player is worth. Club 2 catches wind of that and outbids the club by a further million. and so on.etc.

Thats what ultimately what determines a players worth.

Davis for example moved to us for £3.5m has been nothing but a success for us in his time at Ibrox, has gained more international caps, played in Champions League and is surly going to be crowned our player of the season come May. That without doubt has increased his value. His contract though? Still has 18 months left to run on it. So that leaves Rangers in a position of power to demand top dollar for him. An offer in the region of £7.5-£8m would be a fair reflection.

But don't compare transfer valuations to other players at at other clubs, because it doesn't work like that. What it boils down to is supply and demand.

As much as a team are willing to pay for him!

I would be looking for at least £7m for Steven Davis, anything less should be laughed away - best player in Scotland, 25 years old, international player, with plenty Premiership experience, contracted until the summer of 2012...