Players that could have made it at ibrox but didnt get the chance?

lewisrfc93

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to say Karl Svensson as i thought he looked good when playing along side Weir. used to think him and Cuellar would've been good but it turns out he couldn't cut it at Caen and is now back back at Goteborg.

Jeremy Clement aswell, i think they sold him a bit too hastily.

I used to say Karl Svensson as i thought he looked good when playing along side Weir. used to think him and Cuellar would've been good but it turns out he couldn't cut it at Caen and is now back back at Goteborg.

Jeremy Clement aswell, i think they sold him a bit too hastily.

Clement was decent I thought, nothing more, nothing less

I'd much rather have Steven Davis or a fully fit KT/Edu

What exactly is the criteria here, because according to the majority of names posted its players who have left Rangers, went to clubs of smaller or relatively similar size and standard and became nothing but squad players at best.

I actually thought that Jeremy Clement was and still is a very good player but the only reason we signed him in the 1st place is because hes PLG's bum chum and he left us to go with him to PSG.

Sionko...Sebo...Aaron, come on boys!

I cant actually think of anyone who never got a chance at Rangers and has went on to become a really good player.

Gattuso maybe, but even then he played a few games and was sold due to the change or management.

Chris Burke - was very talented but far too injury-prone while with us.

Charlie Adam - always thought there was a player behind all that inconsistency and excess flab.

Ross McCormack - decent wee player who never got an extended run with the first team, would score a barrowload in the SPL despite being a rabid greenyin.

Libor Sionko - always rated him.

Thomas Buffel - bit lightweight, especially for the SPL, but he'd be a better option than Beasley or Naismith.

Buffel never got enough games when he was here. Arvaladze went too soon n all, McLeish played him on the wing, he went to AZ the following year and banged in 22 (2nd top scorer behind Huntelaar) and they finished 2nd in the league.

I think Walters called it just about right in all the players let go, if they were doing it in training they would be there or thereabouts the first team, he sees the players on a daily basis and has been in the game long enough to decide if the qualities they offer will improve our first team.

The very occaissional one may go on and improve and become better but nobody can see into the future, but by and large they struggle at their new clubs with a few exceptions.

Aaron's record at Celta Vigo since he left us = played 4 games scored 0 goals and that is in the Spanish 2nd division...Bardsley is sitting on the bench at Sunderland as understudy to Hutton lol, McCormack's not even 1st choice at a Championship team, Gow is not, never was and never will be good enough for Rangers, Sionko went to Copenhagen when he left us but wasn't playing this season so left for Sparta Prague in January, Sebo's only scored 5 goals in 2 and a half years at Valenciennes and Clement is still at PSG who are struggling in Ligue 1 again this season.

Not 1 of them has set the heather on fire since leaving so i couldn't give a monkeys about any of them! lol

Just read again there that Darcheville only played 1 whole 90 minute game for us...that stat still astounds me!

I can only think of Gattuso thats really went on to bigger and better things after not getting a chance at Rangers.

I think Walters called it just about right in all the players let go, if they were doing it in training they would be there or thereabouts the first team, he sees the players on a daily basis and has been in the game long enough to decide if the qualities they offer will improve our first team.

The very occaissional one may go on and improve and become better but nobody can see into the future, but by and large they struggle at their new clubs with a few exceptions.

Barry Ferguson and Wayne Rooney, to name two glaring examples, were only given their chance when Smith left. His reluctance to nurture youth has been evident throughout his career and he prefers experienced, solid professionals.

Wish we still had Burke and gave him a chance also Mcormack wasnt really given a real chance. Vignal scored a screamer and I thought fk is he the new albertz! Rino always springs to mind but just cos hes achieved absolutely everything in the game.

Vignal was a loan player and played nealry a full season, then tried to fuck us about with money, had to go on loan to birmingham and hes always been a bit part player. Gattusso and Dick fell out and the 3 mill recvieved at the time was far too good to turn down, for someone at the time who just ran around alot, Mcormacks a

taig and glad he left, burke never cut it, 6 good games a season

Barry Ferguson and Wayne Rooney, to name two glaring examples, were only given their chance when Smith left. His reluctance to nurture youth has been evident throughout his career and he prefers experienced, solid professionals.

You need to remember though that we were chasing ten in a row, and weren't producing the performances of previous seasons. So had he gave more game time to Ferguson and he didn't play all too well then the fans would have been on his back and it could have ruined him as a player like it did to the likes of Maurice Ross. As for Rooney, he was 5 days shy of his 17th birthday and it was as much about an injury crisis as it was the boys natural raw talent that forged the chance for Moyes to play him. Again towards the end of Smith's tenure at Goodison the team was struggling due to reductions in the amount of money being spent on the playing staff and so if Rooney comes in and doesn't play well it could have stunted his potential. Yes he prefers experienced, solid professionals but he's not done too badly with that preference.