Allan McGregor

kanjo

There is so much hypocrisy; Goram is regarded by us as a hero despite his off field antics.The media still regard McAvennie as a likeable rogue despite his lifestyle and illegal activities.Gazza;enough said.

Many postings on this forum re McGregor are way over the top and bordering on hysterical.

Imo it's because Goram and Gazza in particular seemed to be at heart decent guys who had problems. The last few years have shown Gazza had severe problems mentally.

Mcgregor on the other hand is just an over-rated ned with too much money and no brains. Not sure what happened during the Kai Johansen minutes silence but if he disrespected it he should have been booted out then.

here you go, makes me sick to watch,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ94TKQ7B08&feature=related

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True or not fans should be starting to see what a liability he is. I've actually thought that since about halfway through last season to be honest. I wanted Alexander as our number 1 not only because of what I thought of his keeping skills but because he was a better representative for the club. I know a lot of the people who said they wanted Alexander as number 1 during the off-season had the same opinion. By now even the ardent McGregor supporters should be starting to see that no matter how talented he is it does us no good to have our clubs name associated with him when he's getting himself into trouble constantly in his personal life.

Cover what up?

He got a kicking, what's to cover up?

The alleged rape allegation. I say we have him beheaded to save the club from any embarrassment.

interesting way to go, is killing our top class keeper really the solution though ?

Alexander is more than capable of standing in :pipe:

Why have Alexander shot for him? poor bugger done nothing wrong :P

in the words of hugh keevins: "erm erm erm erm..."

Did you hear old nuremberg the other night letting a timmy caller get out an allegation about the assault being linked to the rape case ... he could easily have dumped it but just had to let it be broadcast

There is so much hypocrisy; Goram is regarded by us as a hero despite his off field antics.The media still regard McAvennie as a likeable rogue despite his lifestyle and illegal activities.Gazza;enough said.

Many postings on this forum re McGregor are way over the top and bordering on hysterical.

Imo it's because Goram and Gazza in particular seemed to be at heart decent guys who had problems. The last few years have shown Gazza had severe problems mentally.

Mcgregor on the other hand is just an over-rated ned with too much money and no brains. Not sure what happened during the Kai Johansen minutes silence but if he disrespected it he should have been booted out then.

here you go, makes me sick to watch,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ94TKQ7B08&feature=related

That sort of thing makes you wonder if he's on something ... and if that's the case the things we know about may only be the tip of the iceberg. We should of course always give our players the benefit of the doubt (the same benefit of the doubt the mhedia give septic players) but unfortunately in the fullness of time we may just have to bite the bullet on this one :-(

True or not fans should be starting to see what a liability he is. I've actually thought that since about halfway through last season to be honest. I wanted Alexander as our number 1 not only because of what I thought of his keeping skills but because he was a better representative for the club. I know a lot of the people who said they wanted Alexander as number 1 during the off-season had the same opinion. By now even the ardent McGregor supporters should be starting to see that no matter how talented he is it does us no good to have our clubs name associated with him when he's getting himself into trouble constantly in his personal life.

The irony is of the big names he could have been the one shipped out in January because we had adequate cover with Alexander ... then none of this would have happened

No, haven't thought so for a long time and the recent situation has only cemented my views of him.

First issue to address in this thread; why him and not people like Gascoigne, Goram and McCoist. People from all around the world thanks to technology are able to gain much greater access to a players personal life than they would have been in those days. As a kid growing up duirng 9iar I never had an inkling living in Australia about those 3 players personal lives, only what they did on the pitch. Even in Britain where the news would have been making the papers on occassion it wouldn't be accessed by nearly as many people as nowadays. I think there has been an even greater move by papers to resort to trashy magazine tactics and attack footballers personal lives rather than rely on serious journalism.

The other issue is whether McGregor can be replaced. Whilst he certainly has better reflexes and more natural talent than McGregor he is still not the ideal keeper. Sure Alexander may[/] not have been able to make the save in Bremen but he also wouldn't have committed the serious brain fart and let the ball dribble under him like McGregor did against Hearts earlier in the season. What he lacks in the ability to pull off amazing stops Alexander more than makes up for in command of his area and his handling which is an area where McGregor has cost us goals.

whats getting me is the straw that broke the camels back (as it would appear..) is him being attacked.

not something he's done (as far as we know) but for being violently assaulted. surely theres something not quite right with that.

If he's found guilty of rape he'll be rightly convicted, and sacked by the club, and it'll be good riddance to him.

Until such times, he's the Rangers goalie and we should be supporting him to the hilt.

We, like the club though, probably don't want to score an own goal by supporting him, only to be let down and ridiculed if he is found guilty.

TBH It's a difficult one, and a situation I'm sure none of us would like to be in.

Sorry if posted already but i hear the scum have posted greegsy's address on the Mhuddleboard, await the backlash from the rhags.....

hold on a minute, their more interested in where big Kyle parks his car ffs.

Why is all the loony tunes stuff always from guys with only a few posts?

cos ive got a life and post when i need to. youve got pictures of birds on your message ya fuckin sado

What's wrong with having some bang tidy lasses as his sig?

Mabye he likes men? :P:lol:

A squad of eunachs (sp) would surely be more focused on the task in hand, I suggest we start by removing all testicles from Murray Park, then sit back and watch the trophies roll in with our homegrown team (non of whom will be sidetracked by any gold-digger whores).

The lack of support for our own goalkeeper on this thread is quite shocking. My own young cousin was wrongly accused & thankfully acquitted of rape only last year, and I can tell you, the poor guy was suicidal at one point such was the stigma of being publicly accused. The girl in question has since attempted to have another lad done, and is now being prosecuted herself, as far as I know.

This will be national news probably, knowing our mhedia, and Greegs needs to know that we are on his side as one. The club should back him 100% until such a time as he is proven to be guilty. As Rangers fans, we have a duty to protect one of our own, because no-one else is going to do it. He may not be the sharpest tool in the box but that doesn't make him a sex-offender. All very handy as timmy tries every trick in the book to put us off our game. The same timmy mhedia who exploited Phil O'Donnels death will have no qualms about exploiting this too.

The lack of support for our own goalkeeper on this thread is quite shocking. My own young cousin was wrongly accused & thankfully acquitted of rape only last year, and I can tell you, the poor guy was suicidal at one point such was the stigma of being publicly accused. The girl in question has since attempted to have another lad done, and is now being prosecuted herself, as far as I know.

This will be national news probably, knowing our mhedia, and Greegs needs to know that we are on his side as one. The club should back him 100% until such a time as he is proven to be guilty. As Rangers fans, we have a duty to protect one of our own, because no-one else is going to do it. He may not be the sharpest tool in the box but that doesn't make him a sex-offender. All very handy as timmy tries every trick in the book to put us off our game. The same timmy mhedia who exploited Phil O'Donnels death will have no qualms about exploiting this too.

Top post :pipe:

Still no 'breaking news' concerning this new rumour that he is being charged.

Not enough facts for me to believe McGregor has committed rape.

You would believe the press would have got hold of this by now, so I am still 100% behind Allan McGregor and I hope he is avaliable to play on Sunday against those scummy bastards!