The Protestant traditions of the Rangers football club

bouncy

You could try and educate them but its not worth it they think there smarter than us. rolleyes.gif

Im starting to wonder if the taig forums get boys in there saying FTP and we have to get rid of all this tri colour stuff. ?

Its a joke really it just shows how good of people us Rangers fans are and we can take things on the chin more and welcome anybody in to support us too.

we are a bit more inclusive than them though 00000042.gif

(tu) (tu)

I've read through this entire thread and in all honesty this argument is so futile, swinging back and forth like this, it has me tearing my hair out.

I have to agree to disagree at times, unless the barber be wondering where the hell is billy this week.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got to realise supporting Rangers means more than just supporting a football team, Rangers are more than that, they are my life, they are how I live my life, I love it so much!

:rolleyes: WTF suke :lol:

Aye, someones who sucks up to your Mum and Dad :lol:

so you where carried to the toilet upstairs,by parents who where mental and that had designed a toilet DOWNSTAIRS..

AND YOU ARE CALLING OTHERS "A SUKE"....

You really do talk pish.

FFS boab thats not the best come back at all, telling a poster he talks pish. tut tut tut

You've got to realise supporting Rangers means more than just supporting a football team, Rangers are more than that, they are my life, they are how I live my life, I love it so much!

Nicely put lad, hints the slogan WE ARE THE PEOPLE. (tu)

so you where carried to the toilet upstairs,by parents who where mental and that had designed a toilet DOWNSTAIRS..

You really do talk pish.

FFS boab thats not the best come back at all, telling a poster he talks pish. tut tut tut

it could have been worse ,he might have said i talk shite ffs

You really do talk pish.

it could have been worse ,he might have said i talk shite ffs

:lol: what was he talking then earlier. (tu)

All Dietspam...

And PS Diet....I do take exception to your inference that all those who wish to maintain the Protestant character of Rangers hate the pope or wish to sing about the Billy boys.

I'm not saying that at all. But I bet the percentage of those that do is high.

All Dietspam...

And PS Diet....I do take exception to your inference that all those who wish to maintain the Protestant character of Rangers hate the pope or wish to sing about the Billy boys.

u ever get the feeling that u cant even start to educate some mate...

Depends on what is being taught...

All Dietspam...

Very interesting...albeit your tendency for contradicting yourself surfaces again.

So if thats your stance are you suggesting that the majority of Bears are bigots ?

All Dietspam...

Very interesting...albeit your tendency for contradicting yourself surfaces again.

So if thats your stance are you suggesting that the majority of Bears are bigots ?

I never said that. Do you think anyone who says fuck the pope and sings the billy Boys is a bigot?

You have suggested that a large percentage of Rangers supporters who wish to maintain the Protestant character of our club are those of the "FTP Brigade" and who would dearly love to belt out TBB.

I think most posters are clear what your inference is here.

Its a sweeping generalisation to make and one, I believe is fundamentally wrong.

You have suggested that a large percentage of Rangers supporters who wish to maintain the Protestant character of our club are those of the "FTP Brigade" and who would dearly love to belt out TBB.

I think most posters are clear what your inference is here.

Its a sweeping generalisation to make and one, I believe is fundamentally wrong.

I meant what I said. In no way did I say or mean bigot. If that's what you think, that's another story. I wouldn't know, since you never answered that question.

So you are saying that hating the Pope and belting out the Billy Boys is not bigotted ?

Albeit...in your opinion its symptomatic of the majority of Rangers supporters who wish to see the Protestant character of the club maintained ?

A Bigot is a person who blindly supports a particular political or religious view (dictionary) therefore Brown, Cameron and all politicians are Bigots, as is anyone holding to a particular religion.Non religious or non Political people can't be Bigots, as they don't hold any views on religion. :wink:

Bigotry is a state or condition of a narrow-minded, intolerant person with blind and obstinate attachment to a particular creed, party or opinion. As most people fall into this catogary whether it's polotics,religion,way of life,then most pepole practice Bigotry. :beer1:

So, no Popery.

So you are saying that hating the Pope and belting out the Billy Boys is not bigotted ?

Albeit...in your opinion its symptomatic of the majority of Rangers supporters who wish to see the Protestant character of the club maintained ?

Where did I say that?

Remember when ye went tae the Nippers then the Lifies then the Boys Brigade and ye felt part of something and they all made you a better person ? And the Church of Scotland was part of it all and backed you up ? What the fcuk has happened to us ? :sherlock:

Remember when ye went tae the Nippers then the Lifies then the Boys Brigade and ye felt part of something and they all made you a better person ? And the Church of Scotland was part of it all and backed you up ? What the fcuk has happened to us ? :sherlock:

I never went to the BB. That was for queer hawks.

You sound like a fuckin scout

You sound like a gay boy. I take it you went to the BB then?

:craphead:

Aye man, i'm an officer now. Ain't no queer hawks in there i'll tell ye, all good prods :wink:

:craphead:

Aye man, i'm an officer now. Ain't no queer hawks in there i'll tell ye, all good prods :wink:

Aye, the BB was a true proddy institution in my day and defineatly no queer hawks, a right few hard men in my group,although we did have church parades and Sunday morning bible classes, the Scouts would accept anyone, I loved the BB, sad too say in these days but as a young guy then it gave you something to look forward too on a Friday night. :pipe: