l.mcg

Smith must go?  

409 members have voted

1. 1. Smith Must GO?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone in the world could have done as good a job with current resources.

Sunday was his 25th old firm victory equalling jock stein (and in less attempts).

Why do you mention Jock Stein as an example and not other Rangers managers.

I don't think anyone in the world could have done as good a job with current resources.

Sunday was his 25th old firm victory equalling jock stein (and in less attempts).

Because that was the fact i read :)

Because that was the fact i read :)

Is there not another Rangers manager who holds the record, and another Rangers manager who has done the same as Walter and Stein. :)

I'll put my hand up, and say I'm wrong. I may not agree with his decision's, tactic's, formation's... at times, but at this moment in time, he is the best man for the job. Since the 28th November, he has done a magnificant job - and on the whole during his second spell in charge.

Since then, we have played some cracking football, some awful football, but kept on grinding out the results, and with all that has gone on in recent months, are 10 points ahead in the league with a game in hand, in the league cup final, and still in the Scottish - the treble is on!

Until there is a buyer, until the club is in a better position to go out, and buy players, whilst holding onto our better ones, Walter Smith is the only man for the job - he will alway's make us competative, and not too many managers at this moment in time could do that!

Once the club is sorted out, I'd like him to move on, and make way for another manager, and that does not include Ally McCoist, or anyone currently at the club!

I don't see anything re the takeover happening anytime soon, so I hope Walter Smith decides to stay on next season. Him leaving, and someone like McCoist taking over, would be a disater IMO.

I'll put my hand up, and say I'm wrong. I may not agree with his decision's, tactic's, formation's... at times, but at this moment in time, he is the best man for the job. Since the 28th November, he has done a magnificant job - and on the whole during his second spell in charge.

Since then, we have played some cracking football, some awful football, but kept on grinding out the results, and with all that has gone on in recent months, are 10 points ahead in the league with a game in hand, in the league cup final, and still in the Scottish - the treble is on!

Until there is a buyer, until the club is in a better position to go out, and buy players, whilst holding onto our better ones, Walter Smith is the only man for the job - he will alway's make us competative, and not too many managers at this moment in time could do that!

Once the club is sorted out, I'd like him to move on, and make way for another manager, and that does not include Ally McCoist, or anyone currently at the club!

I don't see anything re the takeover happening anytime soon, so I hope Walter Smith decides to stay on next season. Him leaving, and someone like McCoist taking over, would be a disater IMO.

(tu)

Smith is not the man needed to take us forward. If the height of ambition is beating the taigs, let him stay.

We are on course for two in a row, in our third CIS Cup final on the bounce and still in with a great shot at our third Scottish Cup final in three years.

We are also likely to play in the Champions League group stages for the third time in four years next year too.

So please tell me what else could any manager possible do to 'take us forward' from that position, with no money and ever decreasing squad?

Some people really aren't going to know what we have until it's gone.

Smith is not the man needed to take us forward. If the height of ambition is beating the taigs, let him stay.

We are on course for two in a row, in our third CIS Cup final on the bounce and still in with a great shot at our third Scottish Cup final in three years.

We are also likely to play in the Champions League group stages for the third time in four years next year too.

So please tell me what else could any manager possible do to 'take us forward' from that position, with no money and ever decreasing squad?

We are falling in the rankings and this won't be guaranteed in a couple of seasons. If we wait until it happens, it will be too late. CIS cup final? I know it's a part of the treble, but is it not something that we should be using to bring on our younger players, the way the bigger clubs in England do?

That sentence says it all for me & it surely applies to at least Ally & Kenny as well. The fact that they've managed to keep up a good team spirit in the dressing room with all the crap that's been going on off the park this season says a lot about this management team's abilities and like I said, that applies to Ally, Kenny & the other staff too. Without that team spirit we wouldn't be where we are now.

Smith is the only man who can work with the resources we have at the moment and he has continually produced the goods , we are never going to be world beaters and no-one else would have took the team he had to the Uefa Cup Final !!!

SMITH MUST STAY !!!

I do think him staying on without a contract has clouded opinions somewhat.

He should have went after the Manchester season or after Kaunas.

Even with hindsight you're saying that?

We won the league and will win it again. Disappointing performances but he has done a great job since (CL apart) and we are winning.

We won the league and will win it again. Disappointing performances but he has done a great job since (CL apart) and we are winning.

Using the Scottish League as a barometer of success is absolute folly. The standards are dropping with each season.

Using the Scottish League as a barometer of success is absolute folly. The standards are dropping with each season.

It's the league we play in though. Fair enough the standard is poor but if a manager is winning the title, he's doing a good job IMO.

Smith and McCoist must go. many of you backed me on this last season. Smith is a dinosaur, dead wood, unable to recognise and reward young talent.

He's no longer the right man to manage the club.

You guys still agree?

Coming up with this shite on the back of a Magic Old Firm Result, 10 points clear...?

probably don't even go to the games Numbnut!!!!

Smith is the only man who can work with the resources we have at the moment and he has continually produced the goods , we are never going to be world beaters and no-one else would have took the team he had to the Uefa Cup Final !!!

SMITH MUST STAY !!!

Absolutely agree with you,who is going pick up the chalice in our current financial state,who would be given the time to bring on the youth?