Big Davie Weir

Dennis

164 members have voted

1. 1. is big Davie Weir the best Rangers captain since Richard Gough

is he the best Rangers captain since Richard Gough.

it may seem a little contravercial(sp) but would like to know everyones point of veiw.

for me its yes.

I loved big Amo, and of course wee had wee Barry, but the way bigDavie conducts himself on and off the field, hes a terrific role model for our kids today.

Barry Ferguson was a great player but I wouldn't say that he was a great captain.

Would a captain and role-model do something idiotic like he did that night for Scotland? Don't get me wrong Barry Ferguson was a great player and a player I tried to base my own performance and style on but I don't think he was a great captain the way some make him out to be.

IMO barry used to slow the game down to a dismal pace..everything had to be played through him.

he was good at organising the team, but the fact everything had to go bac to him pissed me off a bit, there was no flow.

Barry for me!

Weir isn't really a Captain but is he? more a roll model

Can see Thomson getting it soon enough

he strolls through every game mate,commanding the defence, talking the likes of danny wilson through games, a gentleman on the park and a great ambassoder off it. We know fuck all about his personal life.

to me thats the perfect captain. :wink:

The captain bit is arguable but if we wrap up this league and make it 2 in a row I dont think you can over-state how big a part Davie has played in that. And they are possibly the most important titles in recent times. Very consistent defender, made very few major mistakes and I can barely rememeber him being injured either. Class on and off the field