News Regarding Proposed Takeover

boss3

Just heard the rst reserve spokesman on sky sports news saying the new interested parties must speak to the RST.......why ?

If he does speak he should communicate with all the fans at once not a tiny group of fans who have misrepresented us in the past. If he must speak with any group it should be the largest and that means the RSA.

These days of fan groups trying to build a wee empire should be long gone whoever the new owner is.

I agree "WHY?", if anything it should be open and clear statements for all fans to access.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard the rst reserve spokesman on sky sports news saying the new interested parties must speak to the RST.......why ?

If he does speak he should communicate with all the fans at once not a tiny group of fans who have misrepresented us in the past. If he must speak with any group it should be the largest and that means the RSA.

These days of fan groups trying to build a wee empire should be long gone whoever the new owner is.

I agree "WHY?", if anything it should be open and clear statements for all fans to access.

Agree mate, there is no need to let a small number of fans know what is going to be done, and let the rest sit there and listen to silly rumours and try to second guess what is going on.

It is impossible to say with any certainty what would be good for the club, the talks about fears of property developers buying us just to sell the property for housing, in all honesty I don't buy that.

These people (if genuine in their interest), will be fully aware of the prestige of owning a club like ourselves will bring them, they will want to be involved in a club which always wants to win, and possibly even more important to them from a financial point of view, as long as they have the whole package they will be fully aware of the development plans that had been agreed with Glasgow City Council and the respective organisations for the land round Ibrox, and even though we are still in a financial recession countrywide it's my belief that we are slowly coming out of it, and if they can get this deal in place now, then they could make millions just on re-development around Ibrox.

Exactly PIB. The ground next to Ibrox is ideal for re-investment with a shopping centre, hotel, conference facilties etc. Ellis & Co must see the opportunity they have there. If they can do that and reclaim our club shops from JJB that could be the first step in getting the club turning a profit again

He said that any new owners should talk to all the fans' groups.

He said that any new owners should talk to all the fans' groups.

SSHHHH ! that doesn't meet with the agenda

Some people are probably upset enough as these Londoners wont be offering haggis pakora ;>)

I suppose it would be better that we got to the end of the season and lost all the "free" players as well as have Llyods sell anyone and everyone they could to help fill the massive MIH hole that is about to apppear on their balance sheets.

The games afoot as another Englishman once cried.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6009725,00.html

The fact John Greig is involved in this thing calms me down a bit a i would think he would only allow someone to come in who can take us forwards. And to be honest i think the far east mob will buy us..................

dont think the legend is the brightest in a business sense tbh

The fact John Greig is involved in this thing calms me down a bit a i would think he would only allow someone to come in who can take us forwards. And to be honest i think the far east mob will buy us..................

TBF to John Greig is the quintessential Rangers man? he's in it for the love of his club. Not for financial gain or notoriety, who else then with those qualifications would you want in there fighting for our club????

TBF to John Greig is the quintessential Rangers man? he's in it for the love of his club. Not for financial gain or notoriety, who else then with those qualifications would you want in there fighting for our club????

Exactly. We have the greatest ever Ranger involved in this. It doesn't matter that he hasn't got the brains of Bill Gates, but he knows Rangers better than anyone and know what is required and it is actually simple.

Guaranteed money and our heritage stays intact

can someone explain the "massive" MIH debt that will magically appear on the accounts :rolleyes: that someone keeps mentioning

Not had time to read the whole thread, but I agree with you mate, I do wish people would separate the debt of RFC from the debt of MiH, our debt as a football club is approximately 31 million, possibly a bit less by now, this has nothing to do with any overall debt that MiH might have. There is no way on this earth from a legal perspective that "new" debts can appear on Rangers' books.

I wouldn't make to much of this to be honest. I think he's been thrown in as a token gesture to pacify the fans.

I wouldn't make to much of this to be honest. I think he's been thrown in as a token gesture to pacify the fans.

I very much doubt he is there to pacify the fans, I think history can show that it's not been done in the past so doubt it would be done now.

can someone explain the "massive" MIH debt that will magically appear on the accounts :rolleyes: that someone keeps mentioning

Not had time to read the whole thread, but I agree with you mate, I do wish people would separate the debt of RFC from the debt of MiH, our debt as a football club is approximately 31 million, possibly a bit less by now, this has nothing to do with any overall debt that MiH might have. There is no way on this earth from a legal perspective that "new" debts can appear on Rangers' books.

so if rangers and MIH are seprate, then by rights the 13 million quid profit we made would go towards bring down rangers fc's debt. correct? then that would indicate rangers debt is down to 21 million or am i completely WAY off the mark. <cr>

Report the other day (Herald?) suggested that the alleged £33m bid from Ellis et al was intended to cover the now £27m debt, plus the £6m which Murray bought the club for.

I very much doubt he is there to pacify the fans, I think history can show that it's not been done in the past so doubt it would be done now.

Hope you are correct and that Greig has plenty of clout in these negotiations, certainly would have the best interests of the club at heart.

so if rangers and MIH are seprate, then by rights the 13 million quid profit we made would go towards bring down rangers fc's debt. correct? then that would indicate rangers debt is down to 21 million or am i completely WAY off the mark. <cr>

Im no financial expert but it certainly has fuck all to do with MIH (tu)

the club needs money to operate on a daily basis, i would imagine this money would be classed as 'working capital' ans used to continue the daily business of the club i.e. Wages, rent, rates and other such st'd bills.

Not every penny the club makes can go to clear the debt, we still need to run the club.