Could Big Lee...

lewisrfc93

He won't be in the team once Edu, and Thomson are fully fit after having a good pre-season under their belt!

Davis, Thomson, and Edu, when all fit, should be in the team ahead of McCulloch.

Can I ask why you think that? McCulloch has been nothing but outstanding for us this season.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He won't be in the team once Edu, and Thomson are fully fit after having a good pre-season under their belt!

Davis, Thomson, and Edu, when all fit, should be in the team ahead of McCulloch.

Can I ask why you think that? McCulloch has been nothing but outstanding for us this season.

totaly agree, Lee has been pivital to our success this season.

if everyone's fit i would go with mcculloch and davis in the middle because then you've got a bit of eveything height , power ,skill and pace then you could stick anybody you wanted on the wings , as for captain i'd give it to shagger.

if everyone's fit i would go with mcculloch and davis in the middle because then you've got a bit of eveything height , power ,skill and pace then you could stick anybody you wanted on the wings , as for captain i'd give it to shagger

shagger? He is hardly the most stable? Im sorry but the way he lives his private life is not captain material.

his private life should be just that ..PRIVATE, but the mhedia just love to drum up any old shite about the big man.

it should be, but it isn't.

He's a good keeper but he doesn't behave in a way that a Rangers captain should IMO

I agree. I also agree that his private life should be indeed PRIVATE but a Rangers captain should reflect abit of responsibility and self discipline to wear the armband.

I don't remember a player who has had a bigger turnaround in a year than Big Lee. He was playing at CB last year FFS, then finally found his position in the holding role. He digs deep, wears his heart on his leave, fights for the cause and I would love to see him as captain next season when Davie calls it a day. A great example for the rest of the squad and shows the ' No Surrender' attitude that a captain needs. Well done big man (tu)

Not really even worth speculating on next seasons captain as we dont know who'll be manager, who'll be bought/sold etc.

On the subject of McCulloch however at the moment he is in the team on merit and until he suffers a drop in form then Edu will just have to kick his heels on the bench until he gets his chance.

I can't see a reason why not. In our current squad we are lucky to have at least 5 players that could be contenders for the captaincy McCulloch, Davis, Thompson, Miller and Mcgregor.....but i'd give it to either Thompson, Davis or McCulloch, lead from the middle is best imo.

If Thomson doesn't up his game dramatically McCulloch will be in the side before him, and rightly so. Big Lee has been one of our most effective players this season and is not far behind Davis in the Player Of The Year stakes imo. He would be as worthy a candidate for the captaincy as Thomson, who has shown little leadership abilities so far in his Rangers career.

I think that's an awful post.

Sounds like you get your opinions on Thommo from Jim McLean's column, instead of watching him yourself.

The part about people only wanting Maurice Edu in the side because of his goal last Sunday against celtc is a load of rubbish!

I think we all see what he brings to the team, and his performances last season showed that - replacing the disgraced Barry Ferguson was one of the reasons why we went on a winning run, that guided us towards the league title.

Some on also mentioned Kevin Thomson, and having to up his game. I don't understand that one? The last four games he has played well, he had a decent enough game yesterday but was still struggling with a bruised foot.

I reckon after a good few more games this season followed by a full pre-season, and both Edu and Thomson will be as fit and ready as they have been for a long time. Both bring more to the team, both can handle playing in the big games. At times, McCulloch looks out if sort in the midfield.

If Edu's goal supposidly made him a hero, what did McCulloch's at celtc park make him... ? A lot of people changed their mind re McCulloch just because of that goal. He has had a good season but there are better options, and when available, should be in the team ahead of him, and thst goes for everyone and every position :)

... captain us once big Davie retires?

In my opinion I don't see why not. He knows what it is to play for rangers and he at the moment keeps the midfield together and has great communication with the rest of the team. Tbh I would rather see a Scot captain us than a foreigner and in that case I think big Lee has the capability.

Whats your opinions on this?

This is what's gonna happen anywies, telt ye this months ago but keep up the good work son ! (tu)

:sherlock:

Big lee has certainly changed my opinion in the past few months, I've went from thinking he was utter shite n should be nowhere near the first team to thinking he's a decent squad player but should be out of the team when we have our other CMs available.

Rangers captain? No thanks. That would mean him having to play every week and in Europe where, let's face it, he was found out. Thommo n Davis as my central pairing with Edu as back up n mcculloch there to make people laugh in training lol.

If thomson was captain I think he'd rise to the occasion, I hope he gets it.

Has to be thommo a rangers man an intellect and a role model to the children

A role model? Running around kicking shit out of people :lol: ask Keano he'll know what im talking about.

are you a fucking mongo?

Joke fs :lol:

If Thomson doesn't up his game dramatically McCulloch will be in the side before him, and rightly so. Big Lee has been one of our most effective players this season and is not far behind Davis in the Player Of The Year stakes imo. He would be as worthy a candidate for the captaincy as Thomson, who has shown little leadership abilities so far in his Rangers career.

Sounds like you get your opinions on Thommo from Jim McLean's column, instead of watching him yourself.

My opinion of Thomson differs from yours therefore my post is "awful"? <cr>

I've yet to see the Thomson that's talked about on here, and yes, I have been watching him. His tackling is generally poor although he has shown some improvement since he came back from injury, his movement off the ball is often distinctly average and his passing........well, nuff said! He's also shown a tendency to disappear in some games.

I'm sure many will disagree, just as I'm sure some hold the same opinion as myself. That's what a forum is all about. :)

My opinion of Thomson differs from yours therefore my post is "awful"? <cr>

I've yet to see the Thomson that's talked about on here, and yes, I have been watching him. His tackling is generally poor although he has shown some improvement since he came back from injury, his movement off the ball is often distinctly average and his passing........well, nuff said! He's also shown a tendency to disappear in some games.

I'm sure many will disagree, just as I'm sure some hold the same opinion as myself. That's what a forum is all about. :)

aha nuff said then on go on to mention something else about him :lol: