Rangers freeze ST prices

Boab

by Lindsay Herron

Rangers have once again frozen season ticket prices and all seat-holders will get RangersTV.tv for free for the first three months of the new campaign.

Chief Executive Martin Bain has revealed that prices will remain the same for the third consecutive season after taking into account the economic climate.

And there is a special deal on offer for all season ticket holders to watch RangersTV.tv for free for the first three months of next season.

The ground-breaking internet TV station is already proving popular and it will give a wider selection of fans the chance to see what they have been missing.

Bain recognises the huge importance of the fan base because Rangers rely heavily on season ticket revenue and that's another reason why prices have stayed the same.

He said: "You wish in no way to praise supporters and sound patronising but there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that this club is built on the supporters and what they give to the club.

"Down south the model is such that they have income streams such as broadcast revenue which maybe means they don't have to rely on supporters as much as we do.

"Week in week out they turn up and follow us everywhere and the season ticket base is tremendous.

"It's been a difficult season for us in many ways and the supporters deserve great praise.

"Taking that into account, taking the economy into account and the market trend throughout the UK we have frozen our season ticket prices for a third consecutive year.

"There are challenging times for the club financially but I am a great believer that season tickets are at price now where affordability for families is important.

"We had a three-year season ticket strategy of which this is year three and what we looked at was affordability, affordability for families and to make sure that young supporters were able to come into the ground.

"So the way we have priced it means that it is cheaper for young supporters to come to the games and there are more opportunities for families.

"The season ticket base at Ibrox is core to everything. It's the envy of many clubs in Europe."

The Chief Executive is also sure that fans will enjoy the club's internet TV station - www.rangerstv.tv - which has been broadcasting since last autumn.

Overseas fans watch live broadcasts from Ibrox every week with pre-match, half-time and post-match shows with analysis and studio guests as part of the live game package.

The nightly magazine show Blues News began in January bringing fans the latest news and interviews from the Champions.

Bain said: "RangersTV.tv really excites me and I'm not sure we have really explained the full potential of this medium.

"I was abroad on business recently and I sat and plugged my laptop into the TV and I watched our game live and the quality was exceptional and the facility was exceptional.

"So it's a very powerful tool for us in terms of our very wide fan base but in the domestic model with the collapse of Setanta and Rangers Television which was popular we looked at the convergence of TV and new media in the future.

"We are now producing a nightly show for the channel and there is also the opportunity for video on-demand and as we develop there will be more exciting features.

"We learned through market research that there is a real desire to have a one-to-one contact with supporters and the channel allows us to do that.

"With that in mind we are going to give season ticket holders a free three-month subscription to RangersTV.tv and we are sure they will enjoy what they see."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100406/the-big-freeze_2254024_2016240

Great news.

We should see a reduction in prices, Murray always said in the 90s he increased ST prices to attract better players, now that we are retracting our spend the fans should get a sizeable reduction.

Compare our prices to Germany

We should see a reduction in prices, Murray always said in the 90s he increased ST prices to attract better players, now that we are retracting our spend the fans should get a sizeable reduction.

Hate how people keep saying this..

Compare our tv money to Germany..

Jesus.... I don't think Bain can explain in simpler terms w why you can't compare us to countries like Germany.....

lets just hope they dont make an arse of the Champions League package price so we can get 3 full houses

adults should be no more than 25 quid a game and kids no more than 10 quid

Bang on mate, IF we do win the league and go into group stages full houses are a must.

Good to hear no increase on ST's :21:

Hate how people keep saying this..

Compare our tv money to Germany..

Compare our sausages to Germany.

lets just hope they dont make an arse of the Champions League package price so we can get 3 full houses

adults should be no more than 25 quid a game and kids no more than 10 quid

Spot on Den, we can't have another CL campaign like the last one...

I just renewed there online and signed up to the travel club :D

After 2 phone calls to the TO I'm no further forward - the girl says its an IT problem and somebody will get back tae me!

I DONT have the option of renewing by Direct Debit on my computer apparently!

I just renewed there online and signed up to the travel club :D

After 2 phone calls to the TO I'm no further forward - the girl says its an IT problem and somebody will get back tae me!

I DONT have the option of renewing by Direct Debit on my computer apparently!

Did you not get an email .