They'll never learn

After Monkey heid's humiliation you really would think they would give the barca talk a rest.

But no. not taigothy:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2944308/Im-still-seeing-stubble.html

HAIR APPARENT ... Tom Boyd thinks Pep Guardiola is proving that Neil Lennon could do the job at Celtic

I’m still seeing stubble

By PAUL HUGHES

Published: Today

NEIL LENNON and Pep Guardiola would never get mixed up in an identity parade.

Yet take a second look and Celtic legend Tom Boyd swears they are more alike than anyone would believe.

Forget the Latin looks, designer stubble and sharp suits that make laid-back Barcelona boss Guardiola more catwalk than dug-out.

Ignore the tracksuit, the flame-red hair and fiery temper of Hoops interim boss Lennon.

Strip back the cosmetics and Boyd reckons they've the potential to be carbon copies of each other.

He believes the Parkhead board just have to take one look at the brilliant Barca boss if they think Lennon does not have the

experience necessary to become Celtic boss on a permanent basis.

He said: "Of course it's a gamble taking on a manager who has no experience.

"Having experience never did Tony Mowbray any good, so you've got to just look at the other candidates. His lack of experience is going against Neil at the moment but there are guys who have been successful in similar circumstances.

"Just look at Pep Guardiola at Barcelona.

"Of course he has the best players in the world at his disposal, but there are similarities in the job.

"It's an example of a guy coming in and proving you don't need experience to be a success.

"He's handled a club as big as that, so as long as your football principles are spot on you'll do fine.

"The expectation level is just as big at Celtic as at Barca.

"The downside for Lenny is he doesn't have the money to go and buy top-drawer players.

"Forget about experience, Neil Lennon can do this job."

Boyd knows Lennon will put the fire back into a damp squib of a Celtic side.

Their training ground arguments convince him of that.

He insists his old team-mate couldn't have better mentors available at the end of a phone.

Boyd, who was opening a new Cheque Centre in Bellshill, stressed: "Lenny has the credentials, no doubt about that.

"I played with him for a good number of years and know what he's like - even at training.

"Every now and then we had our disagreements but that's just down to his desire and will to win.

"Sadly that's missing from this current team at times, so he can bring that back.

"He's got everything to do the job and he's already spoken to the likes of Martin O'Neill and Gordon Strachan for advice.

"He's going about it the right way and getting advice from the right people.

"If Neil shows signs the team has changed he'll probably get the job.

"Even if he doesn't I'm sure he'll still be a candidate - but finishing second would be a must for him."

As a player Lennon experienced the buzz of seeing big-money men arrive at Celtic as Scottish football enjoyed a financial boom.

Despite being a £6million man himself he'll have to wheel and deal in the bargain basement if he gets the job. Ex-Celts skipper Boyd admits his old pal will probably have to SELL top stars before he can bring in new ones.

He admitted: "Selling before you buy is the way to run most football clubs now.

"Right now I think that will be Lenny's remit.

"Everyone has their price and if someone was to offer good money for the likes of Artur Boruc I think Celtic would take it.

"He's only got a year left on his contract and the club have cover.

"In the current climate any club would be silly not to accept decent money.

"No one is above being sold right now. I'm sure Neil and the club would love to keep Aiden McGeady, with his ability. Again if there's a lot of money on the table I think they would find it hard to say no.

"Birmingham bid £9m and I'd say that's a decent offer.

"It's not for me to decide, though, so only time will tell if he goes.

"For me, he's a key player so he's one you should not want to leave.

"It's also harder to attract players to Scotland now.

"The English Premier League offers top dollar and sadly we're not in that market any more.

"You just need a manager who knows where the bargains are.

"Neil's identified who should go and who should come, now we need to wait and see if he'll get the job."

While Boyd knew Lennon would be a boss one day, he's STUNNED at the prospect of Ally McCoist replacing Walter Smith at Ibrox.

He laughed: "Ally was a guy I never classed as a manager.

"I always thought he'd make a great assistant but he's clearly learned under Walter Smith.

"He's learned the ropes and been calmed down, so it will be interesting if both he and Neil are managers.

"I've had some real good tussles with Ally down the years and he's a real competitive character.

"That would be a big gamble for Rangers as well if Walter does leave.

"Like Neil he's also got no experience but again there's no reason why it can't work."

The comparison with Guardiola is bad enough but he also then draws comparison with M'Coist.

What he fails to understand is Ally has been an assistant to the national side which proved successful and has been assistant to WS for over 3 years at Rangers now in which time we have been highly successful.

Lennon has coached RAceltic reserves and played a minor role under Strapon. He's stepped into the breach and narrowly won 4 games and got embarrassed in the cup, its hardly what I'd call parity.

I really hope he gets it because football aside It would be another PR disaster for them having such an ugly bigoted ginger thug to front their club. He was good in 'The Goonies' though.... :lol: