Boston Globe attacks Rangers fans

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boston full of wankers who have never even been to parkhead.

nothing has been decided anyway on this shitty pre season game. i don't think Rangers will go,after this shite.

where has this story came from. I don't see them blaming liverpool fans for there disaster.??? and what are they talking about skirmishes at easter rd with hibs fans last sunday.??

Im sorry, i previously backed the plans to have a game in the city but after reading that, i say we have nothing to do with them at all.

That is such a predjudiced article, it is staggering how ill-informed the journalist (sic!) is on the history of our club & "his" club.

Just my opinion but if anyone does leave comments or contact this paper I think it's important to keep the language clean and make sure you are not abusive. There is little point in just calling the journalist a F*nian, or a cunt. (Although he clearly is).

I left a comment but referred to them as Celtic fans and only used scum (terrorist) when talking about the IRA.

We need to stop getting into bed with these F*nian fucks. Our ex players like Goram etc would probably rfuse to play a friendly against them. If the board want to continue to sell our clubs soul to the devil for $$$$$ despite this shody article, I would go as far to say they are endangering our fans lifes

I can't believe how biased the article is. If we were to go ahead with the silly pre-season friendly I'd love for Rangers to hump them there and see how well all those plastic paddy's deal with that.

Most notably, disaster struck at Rangers’ Ibrox Stadium in 1971 following a crush-barrier failure, but it is widely accepted that the tensions between Celtic and Rangers fans played a major part in the 66 deaths that day

an outrageous comment to make. however the tension between the two teams played a large part in it, as if it wasnt such a big game, not as many people would have been there, they would not have been so determined to get back up the stairs and celebrate their teams goal etc. I think that is the point they are trying to make, not that we were the cause of the disaster.

However it is a very very very un-proffessional comment to make, especially when talking about Rangers past-histpry of violence and problems that fans caused...that played no part in the disaster!

Most notably, disaster struck at Rangers Ibrox Stadium in 1971 following a crush-barrier failure, but it is widely accepted that the tensions between Celtic and Rangers fans played a major part in the 66 deaths that day

an outrageous comment to make. however the tension between the two teams played a large part in it, as if it wasnt such a big game, not as many people would have been there, they would not have been so determined to get back up the stairs and celebrate their teams goal etc. I think that is the point they are trying to make, not that we were the cause of the disaster.

However it is a very very very un-proffessional comment to make, especially when talking about Rangers past-histpry of violence and problems that fans caused...that played no part in the disaster!

That part in bold is a myth. The official enquiry into the disaster itself said that this was not the cause.

an outrageous comment to make. however the tension between the two teams played a large part in it, as if it wasnt such a big game, not as many people would have been there, they would not have been so determined to get back up the stairs and celebrate their teams goal etc.

You're a fucking idiot. Go learn about what happened on Stairway 13 before coming out with such ill-informed pish.

an outrageous comment to make. however the tension between the two teams played a large part in it, as if it wasnt such a big game, not as many people would have been there, they would not have been so determined to get back up the stairs and celebrate their teams goal etc.

You're a fucking idiot. Go learn about what happened on Stairway 13 before coming out with such ill-informed pish.

Well said WVB

Spot on.

This just strengthens my belief that Boston should not hold the game. Play it in Vegas or something, if it is going to happen (and if we really get $1 million for the game, it should probably happen, for the clubs sake).