Billy Davies

Billy Davies has admitted that he would relish the opportunity to manage Rangers during his career.

The Scot, who is currently in charge of Nottingham Forest, has recently been linked with a return to his Glasgow roots at Celtic.

The 45-year-old has been quick to play down those reports, claiming he has unfinished business in England, but has now revealed that he fancies returning north of the border in the future.

And, having spent three seasons as a fringe player at Rangers at the start of his playing career, admits a move to Ibrox would be his preferred choice.

"I'm very open-minded with regards to the future. I would love to, no doubt, someday manage Glasgow Rangers," Davies said in an interview due to be aired on Saturday.

"Whether it's in 10 years, 15 years - whatever.

"However, for now, I'm desperate to get back to the Premier League. I want to get back there with a club that will financially support its manager, a club that wants to compete at that level and doesn't want to change owners. That's my biggest challenge"

I fancied Billy Davies to replace Paul Le Guen, but I'm not too sure on him anymore!?

Decent manager, done well in the Championship with unfavoured clubs, however, he is slightly overrated, struggles when under pressure, and alway's seems to moan, or fall out with someone at the club. I'm not too sure if he could handle the pressure of managing a club like Rangers? His interviews are pretty poor at times, he comes out with the wrong stuff, and is a sore loser. His interview after the Derby and Clough 'scuffle' was embarrassing.

Does he have what it takes to manage Rangers... I'm not too sure on that - time will tell. I'd like to see him in a 'bigger' job than he is currently in.

He's obviously talented as he managed to actually win a game with that Derby team in the premiership. Even the combined minds of Sir Alex Ferguson, Bill Shankly, Jose Mourinho, Guus Hiddink and Jock Wallace would have struggled to do that.

:wink:

Oh no never have you seen the way his teams play defo not expansive free flowing football ,we need a change from

that style therefore someone like d mcinnes who has his teams playing football would imo be a better choice.

People are saying that they'd like to see him successfully manage a bigger club than Nottingham. Could this not result in a case similar to that of Davie Moyes? We wouldn't get near him if he took over the likes of Spurs or Villa.

I doubt he'd get anywhere near a club like Spurs or Villa.

I'd like to see him manage in the Premiership, again!

People are saying that they'd like to see him successfully manage a bigger club than Nottingham. Could this not result in a case similar to that of Davie Moyes? We wouldn't get near him if he took over the likes of Spurs or Villa.

Thats a good point. forest, in terms of the size of the club, are on a par with most of the teams in the bottom half of the premier, they've just been gash for years.

Good young manager, proved himself 3 times over, he must be doing something right.

I would much rather have a young manager who has cut his teeth honing his skills elsewhere than promoting a novice from within, sorry Ally your cup games do not inspire, if it was McCoist who had followed Davis's career we would be screaming to get him as manager imo.

Ally M'Coist will and should take over from Walter when the time comes.

Outside of Ally I'd love to see the likes of Steve M'cLaren come in although I think his stock will have risen too high for us to attract him if he wins Dutch title.

I think the ideal situation would be.

Sir Walter takes us for another season and wins 3 in a row and leaves

Billy comes up if forest don't get promoted and takes over.

lost all respect for billy davies when he applied for the r.ireland job...have nothing against the irish, most are good folk, but being a rangers man and managing r.o.i is one step too far

I doubt he'd get anywhere near a club like Spurs or Villa.

I'd like to see him manage in the Premiership, again!

Don't under-estimate wee Billy Boy. He is one of us & knows whas expected. I expect great things from Rangers under Davies one day.