RM 2010 World Cup predictor league

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wee bump!

Have thought about method of posting predictions. I think the fairest way would be the individuals choice! Think I'll accept both PM's & posts in this thread.

Any prediction made after the relevant matches kick off will not be accepted & a 0-0 score will be added. An edited post WILL be accepted, but only if the edited time is before the kick off!

I'm sure it will be easy enough to follow. Plenty time left to iron these things out too if anyone has any objections! :D

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Will we do it before each set of games, predict a group at a time, how will it work?

Will we do it before each set of games, predict a group at a time, how will it work?

Not group at a time as such. Group A starts on day one. Groups B & C start the day after & so on. There's either 3 or 4 games on per day for the first 15 days. It'll be just like the BBC format. You are responsible for posting your own scores on here before each game starts. It's totally up to you when you do it.

I'm intending to PM everyone or at least post a reply on here each night of the tournament, reminding everyone of the following days fixtures & times etc. I'll do my best to make sure everyone is informed & to get their scores in, but as I say, it's up to the individual to post their scores.

What do you think about the scoring structure I posted?

Not group at a time as such. Group A starts on day one. Groups B & C start the day after & so on. There's either 3 or 4 games on per day for the first 15 days. It'll be just like the BBC format. You are responsible for posting your own scores on here before each game starts. It's totally up to you when you do it.

Here is a list (PDF document) of all the match fixtures, match numbers & kick off times. If you feel up to predicting all 48 first round games just now....go for it! :D If you'd rather do it day by day, that's fine too (probably how I will do it).

I'm intending to PM everyone or at least post a reply on here each night of the tournament, reminding everyone of the following days fixtures & times etc. I'll do my best to make sure everyone is informed & to get their scores in, but as I say, it's up to the individual to post their scores.

What do you think about the scoring structure I posted?

Seems good to me (tu)

• 2 weeks later...

I wanna get my Predictions in :sherlock:

Fire away mate. Spreadsheet already set up & waiting!!! :sherlock:

I was gonna try & do a test run with some of the friendlies, but couldn't be arsed. Not a good pre-cursor to the main event, but I'll be ready & waiting!

(tu)

Ok guys, here's what I'm thinking in terms of the scoring structure. Let me know what you think! Too complicated or just right?

• 5 points for guessing correct score.
  • 4 points for guessing first goal scorer.
  • 3 points for guessing correct outcome AND margin of win, but not correct score.
  • 2 points for guessing correct outcome but not correct score.
  • 1 point if no score entered and actual result is 0-0.

Based on above, here's a few examples.

In the first game, you guess South Africa will win 3-1 against Mexico. Actual score is 3-1 and you also got the first scorer correct. You get 9 points.

You guess 2-0 but the match ends 3-1 (as above) and you also get the first scorer. You get 7 points. (3 for correct outcome & margin of victory and 4 points for first scorer).

You guess 4-2 but the match ends 3-1. You don't get the first scorer correct. You get 3 points.

You guess 1-0 and the match ends 3-1. You get 1 point.

You don't get the score/outcome correct but get 1st scorer correct, you get 4 points.

You guess Mexico will win and you sir, are a numpty!!! :D

I lost count of the number of times that me or someone else I knew guessed a game on the BBC predictor would end 3-1 but the game would end 2-0. That's why I've added a bonus point for getting the outcome and margin of victory correct.

Also, due to the frequency of the games, it is likely that people will forget to put scores on. In that case, I will add 1 point for every 0-0 result where someone forgets to enter a prediction. It just keeps things a little more interesting.

Lastly, I'm toying with the idea of an additional 1 bonus point where you predict the correct score AND first scorer, giving you 10 points for that combo.

Let me know what you think and if I've cocked up with those examples. Any questions....just ask! I've still to decide how I'll collect scores!

Cheers.

Count me in (tu)

Heres my predictions for every game

o-o,no goalscorers (tu):uk:

90 mins?

count me in , i'll be as well winning this as well as the skysports game we have going :D

We'll need to see about that then won't we!!! :lol: Welcome aboard mate!

Count me in (tu)

Heres my predictions for every game

o-o,no goalscorers (tu):uk:

90 mins?

Spreadsheet duly updated & scores entered!!! (tu)

Kidding!

The scores for the later rounds will be including E.T. As it's a score based predictor, if a game goes to pens, then the score will be recorded as a draw! Don't think there's any other way around that!

I'll play

Nice one Boab. Try not to sound too enthusiastic about it though! :D

Edit: Sorry Boab....can't believe I spelt too with only one o!!! doh!

Lets start getting our predictions in!

South Africa 1-2 Mexico - Hernandez

Uruguay 1-1 France - Forlan