Laudrup or Messi

mmrfc1873

Laudrup vs messi  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Laudrup or Messi

• Brian Laudrup
    • Messi

Some younger fans cannot grasp how good Laudrup actually was...

I mean he was nominated for the world player of the year and instrumental in Denmark's Euro 1992 success.

This is all true, and Laudrup was a phenomenal player, but Messi is still better. There is no shame in that for Laudrup. He wasn't even the best footballing Laudrup (of this there is no real doubt, if we ignore our obvious bias :P) , but he was sure as hell a fantastic footballer and we'd all kill to have him back at Ibrox.

You sometimes forget how good Michael Laudrup was.

Serie A title with Juventus, then a European Cup and four La Ligas in a row with Barca, including a starring role in a 5-0 win over Real Madrid.

Then went to Real, won La Liga and helped them beat Barca 5-0.

He was voted Denmark's greatest player ever, Raul says he's the best player he's played with and Romario ranked him fifth behind Pele, Maradona, Zidane . . . and himself. :P

We all know how good Brian was, so that must make them the most skillful set of footballing brothers ever.

:thumbup:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean he was nominated for the world player of the year and instrumental in Denmark's Euro 1992 success.

Whilst he was outstanding for us, his career was going nowhere before we signed him.

This is all true, and Laudrup was a phenomenal player, but Messi is still better. There is no shame in that for Laudrup. He wasn't even the best footballing Laudrup (of this there is no real doubt, if we ignore our obvious bias :P) , but he was sure as hell a fantastic footballer and we'd all kill to have him back at Ibrox.

You sometimes forget how good Michael Laudrup was.

Serie A title with Juventus, then a European Cup and four La Ligas in a row with Barca, including a starring role in a 5-0 win over Real Madrid.

Then went to Real, won La Liga and helped them beat Barca 5-0.

He was voted Denmark's greatest player ever, Raul says he's the best player he's played with and Romario ranked him fifth behind Pele, Maradona, Zidane . . . and himself. :P

We all know how good Brian was, so that must make them the most skillful set of footballing brothers ever.

:thumbup:

Michael was absolutely unreal. The playmaking skills of Xavi with goalscoring to do with it. They are without question the greatest pair of footballing brothers ever.

Michael was absolutely unreal. The playmaking skills of Xavi with goalscoring to do with it. They are without question the greatest pair of footballing brothers ever.

What about the Hunt brothers :craphead:

On topic, Brian was a superb player..but was no were near Messi. He never really performed like he did for Rangers at any other club.

Seems daft to me, but my mate seems to think at his peak Laudrup was better than messi, does anybody else seriously think this ?.

Pointless poll for me!

Laudrup was an amazing player and he showed this for both club and country on a consistant basis but Messi is one of the greatest players ever!!

For me Laudrup is the greatest foreigner to play in Scotland but Messi could soon be classed as the greated player ever and wil be mentioned with the likes of Pele, Maradona, Platini, Zidane etc!!

On topic, Brian was a superb player..but was no were near Messi. He never really performed like he did for Rangers at any other club.

Obviously you never watched much football!!

He was excellent in Germany for both clubs he played for, which got him the move to Fiorentina where he also played well for them and on his loan spell with Milan.

He was also an exceptional player for Denmark!

The guy was pure class IMO!!

But Messi is a step up!

Obviously you never watched much football!!

He was excellent in Germany for both clubs he played for, which got him the move to Fiorentina where he also played well for them and on his loan spell with Milan.

He was also an exceptional player for Denmark!

The guy was pure class IMO!!

But Messi is a step up!

I did say club, but i still stand by what i say..he never reached the same level at any other team.

I will agree he was a great player for Denmark and that he was pure class..but he did not perform at a consistent level.

As much as I love Brian Laudrup how can he compare to the best player in the world when he wasn't even the best player in his family.

Romario said Michael Laudrup was the fifth best player in history that's how good a player he was.

i have to vote for laudrup & gazza was better than messi too :praise: seriously though the poll should maybe have been messi or ronaldo though it doesnt really matter as its all about opinions & every1 has a diff view :rolleyes:

Laudrup was the greatest non-Scottish player to put on a pair of boots at Ibrox that I have ever seen in my life.Brian & Michael were sublime players who could do things with a ball that were never in coaching manuals.....Truly brilliant.:drool:

Better than Messi???? As Maxwell Smart would say...Missed By THAT Much!:pipe:

Laudrup is up there with the greats.

Messis up there with a tiny handful of other players, its a no contest. Brian Laudrup wasnt even the best Laudrup.

what fanny posted this Laudrup was an exellent but NOT world class Messi will by the end of his career be in the top 10 of all time simple MESSI

<cr> Did you even watch Laudrup play? He was definately world class.

This thread is gayer than a gay orgy.

<cr>

I hope you aren't saying that through experience.:lol:

On a side note to that: I once knew a Lesbian but she gave it up because she said it left a cunt of a taste in her mouth.:offtopic:

This thread is gayer than a gay orgy.

<cr>

I hope you aren't saying that through experience.:lol:

On a side note to that: I once knew a Lesbian but she gave it up because she said it left a cunt of a taste in her mouth.:offtopic:

Naw :lol:

:lol: :lol: @ lesbian giving it up

Laudrup was an outstanding player for us, you can't deny that. However Messi is just unbelievably good! It's not even a contest, and that's not a slur on Brian. Whilst he was a great player he was never on the very top tier of footballers of his generation. Messi at this moment has a pedestal all to himself.

It's a wee bit embarrassing asking this though, any lurkers will be having a right laugh at it!

its more embarrassing that 27 people so far think Laudrup is better than Messi <cr>

Laudrup is a Rangers Legend, 1 of the best ever to play/and will ever play in the SPL, but how anyone can say he's better than Messi is taking the piss