Barry's goal v Italy

watching it again , i still dont understand how the number 8 for us ( might be brown ) misses.

pause it at 3.07 and look how much he can aim at

yes barry scored afterwards but number 8 should of scored lol

Lee McCulloch. :anguish:

I was thinking to myself there. Barry Ferguson, Darren Fletcher, Alan Hutton, Craig Gordon, James McFadden, Davie Weir, Kenny Miller... we actually had a no bad team for they qualifiers.

I blame Lee for us not qualifying. :happy:

Still pissed of about that free kick that went against us.

Everyone seems to forget though that Italy had a perfectly legitimate goal disallowed, so it's really irrelevant.

He never scored because the ball wasnt in a decent position to strike it. If you watch it, it's gets caught up the wet grass and he has to dig it out from behind his foot basically.

Everyone seems to forget though that Italy had a perfectly legitimate goal disallowed, so it's really irrelevant.

And Mcfadden was pulled back for offside (wrongly) when he was through on goal IIRC

I was thinking to myself there. Barry Ferguson, Darren Fletcher, Alan Hutton, Craig Gordon, James McFadden, Davie Weir, Kenny Miller... we actually had a no bad team for they qualifiers.

I blame the 11 + subs that bottled it in the away game against Georgia in the game before the Italy one. They had a 16 or 17 year old in goals and we didn't work the keeper until the second half. Shambles. If we'd won that game we'd have been there.

It was that decision that convinced me of the refs wanting France and Italy to go through.

between that and the countless other things like stonewall penalties in Georgia etc i am convinced UEFA didn't want us there.

What an incredibly shocking decision that free kick was doh

It was that decision that convinced me of the refs wanting France and Italy to go through.

between that and the countless other things like stonewall penalties in Georgia etc i am convinced UEFA didn't want us there.

That's putting it lightly.

Fuckin' Disgrace !!

You sound like an Irishman complaining about Henry ad nauseum. The game had died for Scotland, once Donadoni made the subs ten minutes from the end we were finished.

That Panucci goal was a sickener right enough.

That's putting it lightly.

Fuckin' Disgrace !!

One of the worst decisions by a ref in the history of the game.

Disgraceful is putting it mildly.

Acually so do I, was missing for several games.

• 2 weeks later...

Acually so do I, was missing for several games.

That's rubbish.

McCulloch played well in that qualifying group, the games he played in.

He also scored a cracker of a goal at Hampden against Ukraine.

You sound like an Irishman complaining about Henry ad nauseum. The game had died for Scotland, once Donadoni made the subs ten minutes from the end we were finished.

That Panucci goal was a sickener right enough.

The Scotland decision was a lot more shocking than the Ireland one, IMO.