How times have changed

Just reading an old article from 2000

and I came across a little snippet from Murray

"Murray said: There is money set aside and we are going to strengthen, there is no doubt about that.

And if we do then we'll have spent more than the whole of Scottish football put together this season.

Nobody loves the club more than I do and we have seen a lot of success together. But, if we have a problem and this injury situation gets worse, I will not think twice about buying Michael Ball at £6.5mn and another £6m player if required."

Link

Gone are the days when we could go out and spend cash that easy :(

It saddens me just reading that.:(

Was their much point in posting that? we know murray came out with some whoppers in his time.

It just saddened me...

I was looking up some past CL encounters in relation to another thread... and it just scares me that even after inflation etc we still cannot spend as much as we did then. I mean even now we could not buy a £6m player :(

Murray out.

:lol: straight to the point as usual lf

I didn't get my sports journo degree for talking shite. :lol:

Think Andy Walker did though.

:lol: Along with Champagne(or should it be Cocaine) Charlie!

Champagne Charlie, aye right. Should be fucking Pomagne Charlie for that bellend.

Long live Sir David Murray!

What a man. True leadership. And cmon, we all bought into his vision. At least 98% of us, and the other 2% are lying...

Have you seen the state the club is in, yet you still stick up for him. I would hang him at the nearest tree i could find.

Long live Sir David Murray!

What a man. True leadership. And cmon, we all bought into his vision. At least 98% of us, and the other 2% are lying...

Have you seen the state the club is in, yet you still stick up for him. I would hang him at the nearest tree i could find.

I don't know if I'd go that far Minst, but I'd maybe cut his brakes and leave him at the top of Buchanan St.

:ph34r: Too far?