Anyone off to south Africa ?

This guy I know, same ages as me 16/17, is going away with some relative(s), jammy bastard's parents are minted. :(

I fully plan on going to many a Euro's/WC when i'm older though! :D

Would love to see Spain or England get the WC in 2018. :drool:

Was thinking about maybe catching a wee game or two of Euro 2012, but fuck Poland for a laugh!

Brazil have the WC in 2014, that would be. :drool:

To Jimbo & adam2102: It's a wumman, and neither her or her husband to be even like football!

South Africa certainly isn't on my list of top places I MUST go before I die, but for two non-football fans to choose that as a honeymoon destination in the middle of a World Cup is just mind boggling. <cr>

To Jimbo & adam2102: It's a wumman, and neither her or her husband to be even like football!

South Africa certainly isn't on my list of top places I MUST go before I die, but for two non-football fans to choose that as a honeymoon destination in the middle of a World Cup is just mind boggling. <cr>

That's some bad planning right there miracle.

I wouldn't risk it.

I've spoken to a few of the journalists out there and some of the 'underworld' planning that's going on to protect the main players is astonishing.

The difference between South Africa and say France or Japan is that a mouthy fan would get a slap down in the latter two venues. In South Africa, Johannesberg especially, a gang member won't think twice about sticking a machete through your windpipe.

I've got a few mates who are going out there. I didn't feel like going out to South Africa, plus it is a busy summer work-wise for me.

I was in Germany for the last World Cup, and absolutely loved it. If your going out there, you'll have a great time!

I wouldn't risk it.

I've spoken to a few of the journalists out there and some of the 'underworld' planning that's going on to protect the main players is astonishing.

The difference between South Africa and say France or Japan is that a mouthy fan would get a slap down in the latter two venues. In South Africa, Johannesberg especially, a gang member won't think twice about sticking a machete through your windpipe.

My mate is a journalist for the Dubai Times and is going for 6 weeks, fully paid and to a shit load of games, including the final. :drool:

i'm spending the night in madrid tonight,off manana to johanesburg at 11.30 am..................will post you all a message when i get there.....IF I GET THERE I MEAN :D

WISH US GOOD LUCK CHAPS.....................I'LL MISS YOU ALL.................BYYYYYYY,SALAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Never ever thought of going to world cups etc without Scotland being there but me and 3 mates went to the world cup in Germany 06 and what sn experience !

We stayed in a youth hostal and it was amazing ! I'm usually one for a hotel and was wary of it but it turned out to be a bobby dazzler ! £6 a night and 2 drinks for one in the bar all night and it was only €2 a drink and the exchsnge rate was great at the time!

We met so many cool people !

We went on bar crawls with argentinians , mexicans , Dutch , Brits , Spanish , tallys you name it !

Even got my hole from a Peruvian !

I ended up ditching my mates to hzng about with a bunch of people from oz! Got my nat king nearly every night

What an experience so we have all saved for 4 yrs to go

I'd recommend it to anyone who thinks like I used to !

It made it better that Scotland weren't there tbh

Everyone was up wanting their pic taken with us in our kilts , prob telling us we were a bunch of fannies in their language mind !

i'm spending the night in madrid tonight,off manana to johanesburg at 11.30 am..................will post you all a message when i get there.....IF I GET THERE I MEAN :D

WISH US GOOD LUCK CHAPS.....................I'LL MISS YOU ALL.................BYYYYYYY,SALAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Salam!

Good luck and take care buddy.