Goodwillie's 3million price tag

PaulRFC1

I don't think you can compare Fletcher & Goodwillie at all.

Fletcher cost 3 million because he was an esthablished talent who had played almost 200 games for Hibs scoring 50 odd goals in the process and making his international debut along the way.

Goodwillie has had one good season where he scored a decent number of goals in a team who has had their best season in fifteen odd years.

Thats simply not enough to justify him being a three million pound player, especially when he still comes with baggage in the form of his personal life too.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you can compare Fletcher & Goodwillie at all.

Fletcher cost 3 million because he was an esthablished talent who had played almost 200 games for Hibs scoring 50 odd goals in the process and making his international debut along the way.

Goodwillie has had one good season where he scored a decent number of goals in a team who has had their best season in fifteen odd years.

Thats simply not enough to justify him being a three million pound player, especially when he still comes with baggage in the form of his personal life too.

thats fair coment.

i guess alot will depend on who else is interested.

Dundee united have every right to want alot of money for goodwillie, hes a bright young player and has alot of potential! If they manage to get 3m off someone for him they'll have done a fantastic bit of business! Would we all be complaining if we came out and said Davis isn't for sale unless an offer of over 10m comes in?

If we shelled out 3.75million for lafferty then goodwillies evaluation isnt that bad. Has FAR more potential than lafferty.

Bull...........shit

i tend to agree with the potential part. but lafferty had far more experiance.

If we shelled out 3.75million for lafferty then goodwillies evaluation isnt that bad. Has FAR more potential than lafferty.

Bull...........shit

i tend to agree with the potential part. but lafferty had far more experiance.

still

bull....shit

Lafferty is a much better player, and will become/stay a much better player,he is already a full international and already plays for a huge club

sounds like some folk just cant help themselves but have a go at our new number 9

:anguish:

Big Kyle Lafferty na na na na na

Big Kyle Lafferty na na na na na na

:D

Kyle lafferty is better than goodwillie aye? Ur off your head. Goodwillie played consistently well last season where as lafferty had 4 good games and in those games still done the things he's been doing all along like miscontroling the ball, not jumping for headers at all, smacking it out the park when there's better options available! Goodwillie is better than lafferty and will only get better.

Kyle lafferty is better than goodwillie aye? Ur off your head. Goodwillie played consistently well last season where as lafferty had 4 good games and in those games still done the things he's been doing all along like miscontroling the ball, not jumping for headers at all, smacking it out the park when there's better options available! Goodwillie is better than lafferty and will only get better.

play goodwillie out wide left and see how shite he is, play him on the right wing and he will be just as shite as Kyle Lafferty

Big Kyle was played in a position NO Rangers player has been able to play since the Advocaat years

Left midfield is a huge problem for us and has been for years, better players than Kyle have failed out there too

Goodwillie had a full season in his correct position, Big Kyle didnt, Kyle plays in a better team with better players and didnt get a game every week.

Both players will of course only get better, but to say a wee lad from Dee Utd is better than the Northern Irish Interantional Rangers number 9 is crazy!

Get behind our players, support the players who are already at Rangers, not a wee boy from a club that hates us who could end up a selikpark, who knows whats going to happen! im surprised they havnt been linked with him yet, thompson would much rather sell to them than us, thats for sure.

Lafferty wants to be here, he loves us and he loves the club, ive yet to hear wee Div say he wants to play for the Rangers

I'm sure if you cracked open Stephen Thompson's skull of which I'm sure there'd be many a volunteer to do all you'd find is a steaming pile of shit.

He seems to blame us for denying his deid faither a trophy, when the reality is they were shite when we played them in the final.

His dad should never have been at that game.

Not long to live, his remaining passion in life and his only hope, taking part in a domestic cup final at the national stadium. They took the lead twice and the cunt just sat there, hitting a space for ninety minutes, extra time and penalties. He came up on the big screen a few times during the game, I thought that they'd brought his corpse.

Bit harsh that mate -- but I do see where you're coming from. (tu)

But back to the 3 mill... But of a laugh that. More like 3 quid.

Well, tbh.. 500k would be ok.

play goodwillie out wide left and see how shite he is, play him on the right wing and he will be just as shite as Kyle Lafferty

Big Kyle was played in a position NO Rangers player has been able to play since the Advocaat years

Left midfield is a huge problem for us and has been for years, better players than Kyle have failed out there too

Goodwillie had a full season in his correct position, Big Kyle didnt, Kyle plays in a better team with better players and didnt get a game every week.

Both players will of course only get better, but to say a wee lad from Dee Utd is better than the Northern Irish Interantional Rangers number 9 is crazy!

Get behind our players, support the players who are already at Rangers, not a wee boy from a club that hates us who could end up a selikpark, who knows whats going to happen! im surprised they havnt been linked with him yet, thompson would much rather sell to them than us, thats for sure.

Lafferty wants to be here, he loves us and he loves the club, ive yet to hear wee Div say he wants to play for the Rangers

doh doh

it's arrogant to assume Lafferty must be better simply because he plays for Rangers and is a Northern Ireland international. Goodwillie will be a Scotland international before long, has excellent vision, is a goalscorer, is composed on the ball, all attributes Lafferty simply doesn't have. I don't think Goodwillie is worth the price being quoted but it's no more than an attempt to scare Rangers out of bidding, but you can see their reasoning when you consider what Lafferty cost.

As for the last bit, well I'm sure most of us love the club as much as "big Kyle" does, doesn't mean we're going to be good enough to play up front for Rangers every week. doh

doh doh

it's arrogant to assume Lafferty must be better simply because he plays for Rangers and is a Northern Ireland international. Goodwillie will be a Scotland international before long, has excellent vision, is a goalscorer, is composed on the ball, all attributes Lafferty simply doesn't have. I don't think Goodwillie is worth the price being quotes and it's no more than an attempt to scare RFC out of bidding, but you can see their reasoning when you consider what Lafferty cost.

As for the last bit, well I'm sure most of us love the club as much as "big Kyle" does, doesn't mean we're going to be good enough to play up front for Rangers every week. doh

:lol:doh!

i didnt say just because hes an international and plays for us thats the reason which makes him better, or at least thats not what i meant, its mearly my opinion that to say goodwillie was better than kyle was crazy, my opinion! doh!

i didnt say coz he supports us he should play ffs, big lee loves us, he would be the first one i shipped out, i happen to think lafferty is a decent player and a fantastic prospect, its not his fault he cost so much and its not his fault walter plays him out of position, like a few others in the team doh!

goodwillie will be a scotland international in YOUR opinion, lets wait n see, right now we have fletcher, miller, boyd, mcfadden all ahead of him, maybe 1 or 2 others too, if he gets his move to Rangers, then yes i can see him one day playing for Scotland, but now, no.

of course i can understand them saying 3million, if it was me, i would do the same, there is just so much tension and atmosphere between the 2 clubs which doesnt help

you sound like just another fan jumpin on kyles back just coz hes struggled in a poor team and out of position, he might not have scored loads of goals but hes scored a few vital goals

btw your correct about david having vision, composure and and a goalscorer, i hope we get him, he would do well up front with big Kyle :)

its only my opinion, if it offends you or sounds arrogant im sorry :( i just think big kyles a better player

(tu)

doh doh

it's arrogant to assume Lafferty must be better simply because he plays for Rangers and is a Northern Ireland international. Goodwillie will be a Scotland international before long, has excellent vision, is a goalscorer, is composed on the ball, all attributes Lafferty simply doesn't have. I don't think Goodwillie is worth the price being quotes and it's no more than an attempt to scare RFC out of bidding, but you can see their reasoning when you consider what Lafferty cost.

i didnt say just because hes an international and plays for us thats the reason which makes him better, or at least thats not what i meant, its mearly my opinion that to say goodwillie was better than kyle was crazy, my opinion! doh!

i didnt say coz he supports us he should play ffs, big lee loves us, he would be the first one i shipped out, i happen to think lafferty is a decent player and a fantastic prospect, its not his fault he cost so much and its not his fault walter plays him out of position, like a few others in the team doh!

goodwillie will be a scotland international in YOUR opinion, lets wait n see, right now we have fletcher, miller, boyd, mcfadden all ahead of him, maybe 1 or 2 others too, if he gets his move to Rangers, then yes i can see him one day playing for Scotland, but now, no.

of course i can understand them saying 3million, if it was me, i would do the same, there is just so much tension and atmosphere between the 2 clubs which doesnt help

you sound like just another fan jumpin on kyles back just coz hes struggled in a poor team and out of position, he might not have scored loads of goals but hes scored a few vital goals

btw your correct about david having vision, composure and and a goalscorer, i hope we get him, he would do well up front with big Kyle :)

its only my opinion, if it offends you or sounds arrogant im sorry :( i just think big kyles a better player

(tu)

Contradicting yourself to an extent there, as you said in your last post Kyle plays in "a better team with better players" than Dundee Utd, then you go on in your next post to say he's struggled in a poor team. He has been played out of position, although that's excuse was well-worn out round about the 1000th time the Lafferty apologists attempted to use it as an excuse for his total lack of technical ability. Scoring "a few vital goals" is all well and good, but you can't get by as a centre-forward by scoring three or four important goals towards the end of the season and doing fuck all else for the other part of it.

I hope he comes good but we heard all this about him coming onto a game at the end of the 08/09 season when he scored against Utd at Tannadice. No doubt he'll flatter to deceive next season then come good for the last six games, prompting people to say he deserves yet another chance the following season.

doh doh

(tu)

Contradicting yourself to an extent there, as you said in your last post Kyle plays in "a better team with better players" than Dundee Utd, then you go on in your next post to say he's struggled in a poor team. He has been played out of position, although that's excuse was well-worn out round about the 1000th time the Lafferty apologists attempted to use it as an excuse for his total lack of technical ability. Scoring "a few vital goals" is all well and good, but you can't get by as a centre-forward by scoring three or four important goals towards the end of the season and doing fuck all else for the other part of it.

I hope he comes good but we heard all this about him coming onto a game at the end of the 08/09 season when he scored against Utd at Tannadice. No doubt he'll flatter to deceive next season then come good for the last six games, prompting people to say he deserves yet another chance the following season.

not at all, kyle does play in a better team with better players, but we are still poor, i only meant we are better than dundee utd! no contradiction im afraid, just my opinion again! doh!

lack of technical ability? aye right, again, your opinion

he scored those goals when played centre forward, his position, he could hardly get a game during the rest of the season and when he did he was out of position, and that excuse may sound worn out only because walter keeps fucking doing it!

strange indeed

<cr>

Although they are unlikely to get £3m for David Goodwillie, Stephen Thompson has every right to demand that sort of money.

David Goodwillie has only just burst on to the scene, and even this season, he wasn't as good as some made him out to be - he got the Young Player of the Year award, but did he deserve it, did he have a better season that Danny Wilson - I'm not too sure!?

Goodwillie is a good young player, he could potentially be very good - he's just turned 21, has two years left on his contract, and is 'rumoured' to be interesting the Champions of Scotland, and a few English sides... Thompson isn't stupid, he's a cunt, but he know's the transfer fee's of some deals in Scotland, in recent years. He's seen what some of the players have gone for, and he's only wanting the same. We are exactly the same...

End of the day, if Dundee United are as 'skint' as some say, then the players wont be going for anywhere near what Stephen Thompson wants. IF we are interested in signing Goodwillie, then we start low, when Dundee United reject it, then Goodwillie himself comes into the frame. Also depends on who wants him!?

doh doh

(tu)

not at all, kyle does play in a better team with better players, but we are still poor, i only meant we are better than dundee utd! no contradiction im afraid, just my opinion again! doh!

lack of technical ability? aye right, again, your opinion

he scored those goals when played centre forward, his position, he could hardly get a game during the rest of the season and when he did he was out of position, and that excuse may sound worn out only because walter keeps fucking doing it!

strange indeed

<cr>

He had a run of games up front that people were moaning he wasn't getting and when he did was still absolutely crap.

it is my opinion, you tend to get a lot of them on internet forums.

PP -

so its ok for you to have opinions but when i have have an opinion and you disagree with it you take it as fact and make a cunt of yourself trying to have a wee pathetic dig? doh! :lol:

i couldnt care less that you think laffertys pish, your not the only one, loads of Rangers fans think hes pish, but its my opinion that he will prove yeez all wrong

(tu)