** England vs USA **

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We had our chance; they qualified and we didn't. No point being childish about it. Good luck to them I say.

Not being childish about it, but do you think the English would support us if we were there?

same as up here some would, some wouldn't. But we (scottish) seem to have a lot worse of a chip on our shoulders compared to the english.

You wouldn't really know that as they qualify for a lot more tournaments than us. I'm sure they take GREAT delight when we don't qualify though. 10310.gif

You might be surprised, but most of them actually do cheer Scotland on in major tournaments when they get there, and are happy for you to qualify. The England - Scotland rivalry only really seems to be one way, a bit like Rangers and Aberdeen. Which makes the Tartan army just as bad as Aberdeen :pipe:

I've been getting abuse from all my English friends for us not qualifying, so I'd happily see them lose to the USA tonight :)

I'm not entirely sure how it'll go tonight. USA are a quality side, but then again, so are England. Gun to my head, I think England will win, but it'll be close.

USA have a pish defence but the rest of the team is more than capable of giving england a game. I think it might be a draw as england haven't exactly been in sparkling form in the warm up matches.

Hart

Johnson Terry King Cole

Barry

Lennon Lampard Cole

Gerrard

Rooney

Id love for them to line up like that, with Gerrard just playing off of Rooney, with the option to change through the game and bring off Lennon or Cole and bring on another striker.. :drool:

I wouldn't start with Joe Cole, he's more of an impact player in my opinion.

Would you swap him with Milner?

You might be surprised, but most of them actually do cheer Scotland on in major tournaments when they get there, and are happy for you to qualify. The England - Scotland rivalry only really seems to be one way, a bit like Rangers and Aberdeen. Which makes the Tartan army just as bad as Aberdeen :pipe:

I could understand that they support us in the big tournaments as they don't have to hear about us every 5 minutes on the TV, they also don't have to sit through and listen to the commentators speaking about Scotland when the likes of Japan and Slovakia play each other :lol: !!

I don't have a problem with the English but when it comes to most sports I take great joy in seeing them fail :praise:

You might be surprised, but most of them actually do cheer Scotland on in major tournaments when they get there, and are happy for you to qualify. The England - Scotland rivalry only really seems to be one way, a bit like Rangers and Aberdeen. Which makes the Tartan army just as bad as Aberdeen pipeb.gif

I could understand that they support us in the big tournaments as they don't have to hear about us every 5 minutes on the TV, they also don't have to sit through and listen to the commentators speaking about Scotland when the likes of Japan and Slovakia play each other laugh.gif !!

I don't have a problem with the English but when it comes to most sports I take great joy in seeing them fail hail.gif

Well they look upon Scotland as their neighbours and fellow countrymen, and hope to see them do well. No bitterness at all. I must admit though, I want England to lose every game they play as well. I hate hearing them go on about how great their players are, Im sick hearing about Rooney and Stevie G. I hate hearing about what the fucking wags are doing, I hate the fact that they talk as if they've already won the group. I hate Alan Shearer, Mark Lawrenson, Ian Wright, Hansen, Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend, and I think that the tiny wee England flags on their cars look tacky and shite.

So yeah wouldn't really mind an England failure tbh :lol:

You might be surprised, but most of them actually do cheer Scotland on in major tournaments when they get there, and are happy for you to qualify. The England - Scotland rivalry only really seems to be one way, a bit like Rangers and Aberdeen. Which makes the Tartan army just as bad as Aberdeen pipeb.gif

I could understand that they support us in the big tournaments as they don't have to hear about us every 5 minutes on the TV, they also don't have to sit through and listen to the commentators speaking about Scotland when the likes of Japan and Slovakia play each other laugh.gif !!

I don't have a problem with the English but when it comes to most sports I take great joy in seeing them fail hail.gif

Well they look upon Scotland as their neighbours and fellow countrymen, and hope to see them do well. No bitterness at all. I must admit though, I want England to lose every game they play as well. I hate hearing them go on about how great their players are, Im sick hearing about Rooney and Stevie G. I hate hearing about what the fucking wags are doing, I hate the fact that they talk as if they've already won the group. I hate Alan Shearer, Mark Lawrenson, Ian Wright, Hansen, Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend, and I think that the tiny wee England flags on their cars look tacky and shite.

So yeah wouldn't really mind an England failure tbh :lol:

That is exactly the way I see it :praise:

Also noticed you are a pats fan! :crywank:

So yeah wouldn't really mind an England failure tbh laugh.gif

That is exactly the way I see it hail.gif

Also noticed you are a pats fan! cry wank.gif

Aye mate visited New Hampshire in 07, got interested in the sport and decided to adopt the Pats as my team. And besides they play in red, white and blue :lol:

So yeah wouldn't really mind an England failure tbh laugh.gif

That is exactly the way I see it hail.gif

Also noticed you are a pats fan! cry wank.gif

Aye mate visited New Hampshire in 07, got interested in the sport and decided to adopt the Pats as my team. And besides they play in red, white and blue :lol:

Next one you meet, tell them 18-1 from me. :wink: