Favourite National Anthem?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flower of Scotland.

That's not a national anthem.

Flower of Scotland is popularly held to be the National Anthem of Scotland, and is played at events such as football or rugby matches involving the Scotland national team.

Its a song it has never been classified as a national anthem. Scotland does not have a national anthem. The flower of scotland is a shit song, when it is sung at hampden it doesn't work. Loch Lomond should be the anthem.

Flower of Scotland.

Flower of Scotland is popularly held to be the National Anthem of Scotland, and is played at events such as football or rugby matches involving the Scotland national team.

Scotlands official national anthem is God Save The Queen.

The flower of Scotland is a patriotic dirge. May aswell sing about a fucking deer.

Of course I don't like GSTQ, it'll be Italy and Chile for me.

Comments like this absolutely infuriate me.

(tu)

Without the "Of course," it wouldn't be half as bad. By saying "of course...." you might as well say "because I'm an idiotic SNP supporting fool who has no grasp of reality...."

Of course I don't like GSTQ, it'll be Italy and Chile for me.

Comments like this absolutely infuriate me.

(tu)

Without the "Of course," it wouldn't be half as bad. By saying "of course...." you might as well say "because I'm an idiotic SNP supporting fool who has no grasp of reality...."

That just wouldn't be true haha

Its a song it has never been classified as a national anthem. Scotland does not have a national anthem. The flower of scotland is a shit song, when it is sung at hampden it doesn't work. Loch Lomond should be the anthem.

If Scotland should have an anthem alongside God Save The Queen it should be No Pope of Rome, thats one I would love to sing along too.

If Scotland should have an anthem alongside God Save The Queen it should be No Pope of Rome, thats one I would love to sing along too.

:pipe:

Flower of Scotland.

The flower of Scotland is a patriotic dirge. May aswell sing about a fucking deer.

I am with you pal...my hatred for the tims makes me hate my own country too !

ps...i am a mixed up confused bigot !

Flower of Scotland.

I am with you pal...my hatred for the tims makes me hate my own country too !

ps...i am a mixed up confused bigot !

sorry what :BELM:

Anthem or not I'd say it works very well at Hampden.

Gd Save the Queen and Flower of Scotland are genuinely probably the two worst anthems I've ever heard. France and Russia have absolute classics of course, plus Mexico's is pretty cool as well.

You need to go to a game because it sounds shit :BELM: one half of the stadium is 5/10 seconds behind the other half all the time :BELM: It is a anti english song which just makes us look like complete dicks even our ''national song'' is obsessed with england. :rolleyes:

The anthem should be Loch Lomond even the tartan trannys would agree with me unless they're complete thickos.

You need to go to a game because it sounds shit :BELM: one half of the stadium is 5/10 seconds behind the other half all the time :BELM: It is a anti english song which just makes us look like complete dicks even our ''national song'' is obsessed with england. :rolleyes:

The anthem should be Loch Lomond even the tartan trannys would agree with me unless they're complete thickos.

The first part sounds like it's more a problem with Hampden rather than a problem with the anthem.

As for the second part, quite a few Rangers songs are anti-Celtic so does that make us look like dicks? Btw I don't see it as anti-English at all. It doesn't mention England as a nation at all it only mentions defeating "proud Edwards army". It's a song about defeating a tyrant and ensuring the independence of the nation so that 400 years later they could enter the Union as an equal (relatively) partner rather than a subjugated people. Nowhere in the song does it mention hatred of England.

GSTQ.

I don't think much of other countries national anthems but I will respect them if i'm in attendance of them being played.

i stood up yesterday when gstq was played(i swear on my life i did)

this is our education-

Mines is Italy's probably :P

Portugal, Holland and Brazil's are good too.

Edit: I'd post a link up but I'm using ma mobile.

Easily the Star Spangled Banner,for me. (tu)

Even being a true Brit,(tin hat on)I find GSTQ a tad cringeworthy. :blush: