Timothy and their tales - summer signings 2010

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Didn't know who he was by name, but the face I recognise.

Was good at the WC, iirc.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see how his dodgy hip and knee holds up in the SPL - he'll get it tight from day 1 up at Inverness. Struggles with the physical side of the game!

Let's see how his dodgy hip and knee holds up in the SPL - he'll get it tight from day 1 up at Inverness. Struggles with the physical side of the game!

He will stroll the SPL because he is a good footballer.

The financial side of things are starting to harm us.

Former Cardiff midfielder Joe Ledley signs for Celtic

Ledley had been with Cardiff for six years

Celtic have completed the signing of midfielder Joe Ledley on a four-year contract after the 23-year-old left Cardiff City.

Stoke City and Roma also had signing talks with the Wales international.

But, before heading to the USA on his new club's pre-season tour, he said: "Celtic is a massive club.

"This is the right time to leave Cardiff and look at my career. Hopefully we can win the league and cups and I can play in Europe too."

Confirmation of Ledley's arrival had been delayed while Celtic and Cardiff argued about whether the Welsh club would be due compensation.

We are pleased to have beaten off competition from a number of English Premiership clubs for his signature

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell

Celtic believe that, because it is a cross-border move, they owe nothing because he has turned 23.

And chief executive Peter Lawwell told his club website: "Joe is a highly-rated and sought-after young player.

"We are pleased to have beaten off competition from a number of English Premiership clubs for his signature and we are sure he will be a great addition to our squad.

"We will continue to do all we can to ensure that we bring quality players to the club."

Ledley becomes Celtic's third summer signing since Neil Lennon was confirmed as manager after his spell as caretaker last season.

Versatile defender Charlie Mulgrew has arrived from Aberdeen, while South Korea right-back Cha Du-Ri signed after parting with Freiburg, and Lennon was delighted to secure another of his targets.

"Clearly, there were a number of clubs very interested in signing him, so we are very pleased he has chosen to come to Celtic, somewhere I think he can be a tremendous success," he said.

Joe Who?

We are pleased to have beaten off competition from a number of English Premiership clubs for his signature

Liewell

erm I missed that

only Stoke were mildly interested

Cardiff manager said no Premiership teams had made an offer for him.

They're making up stuff now. :craphead:

He's an ok player, but when the going got tough, he is nowhere to be seen.

Will be a FLOP

Couldn't disagree more mate, the Championship is much faster and more physical than the SPL.

He's a good player, no two ways about it. He'll improve them.

We MUST get the finger out!

He's an ok player, but when the going got tough, he is nowhere to be seen.

Will be a FLOP

Couldn't disagree more mate, the Championship is much faster and more physical than the SPL.

He's a good player, no two ways about it. He'll improve them.

We MUST get the finger out!

Every game I saw him in when Physical eg, Scunthorpe, Preston the more tougher teams he was a bystander. If teams allow him to play, he could do well, but cant see him being given the time.

You are right though, we need the finger out

My mate in Scotland says ......... the following rumours are flying about up there

Anyway, the rumor up here is that Bullard, Boateng, & Campbell will sign when Ledley confirms he is signing. There have also been unconfirmed reports that Michael Owen & Andrea Pirlo have been offered to Celtic on loan deals until January. Cant see the truth in that but you never know...the said the same about Robbie Keane.

Suddenly, the Celtic move begins to make a bit more sense to Ledley.

latest rumour from Timland :craphead::craphead::craphead: