Chris Eagles - MultiMerge Thread

Ibroxblue

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that things are moving along which is good.

But he is going back to think things over? Anyone with a brain who has had a tour of Ibrox and Murray Park should have their mind made up there and then!

I see your glass is still half empty. :beer1:

Will he sign?

It's in the bag. :wink:

Oh, and there are 2 more just about to join him. (tu)

Tell me who it is in PM, and then I can confirm it or deny it should you be right or wrong. :wink:

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

But he is going back to think things over? Anyone with a brain who has had a tour of Ibrox and Murray Park should have their mind made up there and then!

Will he sign?

Really?

Source...

Will he sign?

Ya vague bassa ye

As a Burnley fan i just wanted to share my views on Eagles. He is a decent Championship player but against higher league teams he is crap, bar one or two performances, he has some good speed but with his asthma he can get tired very fast and cant always do a full 90mins, when running with the ball he will run the ball out, lose the ball, deliver a poor cross or just passes is back to a defender, his corners are a bit poor, he does frustrate you a lot.

But he will assist a few goals and score a few, he tends to do a lot of long shoots for some reason, I know this post has a lot of negatives in it, but they is something wrong with Eagles where everyone thinks he is a better player then he is. I think he will be good up north as he seems to look class against crap teams. good luck with the new season.

You my friend, are a bitter cunt

haha no im not bitter, even with his weaknesses, i would like him to stay with us, he would have linked up well with Wallace. He will try and give his all, even when he has no energy left.

I live in Burnley, dont know why my IP says Newcastle.

Ignore him mate. Thanks for the info. Good luck for the next season :beer1:

Will he sign?

Really?

Source...

His source is a Rangers sponsor or something.

He said something along those lines the other day?

Chris Eagles spent today in talks with Rangers with a view to him becoming the club's first new signing of the summer.

Rangers new signing Chris EaglesThe Burnley winger spent several hours in Glasgow after being given permission to open discussions with the SPL champions.

Former Manchester United youth Eagles was given a tour of Ibrox Stadium this afternoon after arriving in the city.

He and his representative were then taken to the club's Murray Park training complex, where talks were held with chief executive Martin Bain and manager Walter Smith.

Eagles has now gone south of the border once more to reflect on the day.

The 24-year-old, who has also spent time on loan at Sheffield Wednesday, Watford and Dutch side NEC Nijmegen, has one year remaining on his contract at Turf Moor.

But following the Clarets' relegation from the Premiership last season, a clause in his contract states he is due a reduction in his wages if he stays in Lancashire.

Should Eagles choose to sign on with Rangers, it is understood he has been earmarked for a role on the right side of midfield in boss Smith's team.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100714/eagles-in-gers-talks_2254024_2092454

Chris Eagles spent today in talks with Rangers with a view to him becoming the club's first new signing of the summer.

Rangers new signing Chris EaglesThe Burnley winger spent several hours in Glasgow after being given permission to open discussions with the SPL champions.

Former Manchester United youth Eagles was given a tour of Ibrox Stadium this afternoon after arriving in the city.

He and his representative were then taken to the club's Murray Park training complex, where talks were held with chief executive Martin Bain and manager Walter Smith.

Eagles has now gone south of the border once more to reflect on the day.

The 24-year-old, who has also spent time on loan at Sheffield Wednesday, Watford and Dutch side NEC Nijmegen, has one year remaining on his contract at Turf Moor.

But following the Clarets' relegation from the Premiership last season, a clause in his contract states he is due a reduction in his wages if he stays in Lancashire.

Should Eagles choose to sign on with Rangers, it is understood he has been earmarked for a role on the right side of midfield in boss Smith's team.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100714/eagles-in-gers-talks_2254024_2092454

doh doh

According to posters on FF the deal is dead and he will be off to Bolton lets hope not, its in their thread about him (tu) I guy said the message he got at 19:30 was that he would not be comming as he wants to work under coyle again at Bolton :disappointment:

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

According to posters on FF the deal is dead and he will e off to Bolton lets hope not?

Ouch

My only concern is that he is looking for exposure to other teams playing in the Champions League games. Not going to get that at Burnley and he was well down on SAF's list of right wingers.

According to posters on FF the deal is dead and he will e off to Bolton lets hope not?

Another poster said that Sunderland are in for him

I take anything I read on Follow Follow with a pinch of salt

Eagles was in Glasgow all day today hammering out a deal

Its Ireland they are after from man city.

He went back to England even though that was always going to happen obviously just like everyone else does after a deal people are worrying its not happening? I think it wont be done until Thomson is sold so calm down. Or maybe they want to confirm him with more signings :ph34r: