Chris Eagles - MultiMerge Thread

Ibroxblue

According to posters on FF the deal is dead and he will e off to Bolton lets hope not?

Another poster said that Sunderland are in for him

I take anything I read on Follow Follow with a pinch of salt

Eagles was in Glasgow all day today hammering out a deal

and he has left glasgow after all day hammering out a deal of which he hasnt nailed or we would have heard bout it by now...

ff could be right

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to posters on FF the deal is dead and he will e off to Bolton lets hope not?

and he has left glasgow after all day hammering out a deal of which he hasnt nailed or we would have heard bout it by now...

ff could be right

He went back to England even though that was always going to happen obviously just like everyone else does after a deal people are worrying its not happening? I think it wont be done until Thomson is sold so calm down. Or maybe they want to confirm him with more signings :ph34r:

He left without signing a contract

My only concern is that he is looking for exposure to other teams playing in the Champions League games. Not going to get that at Burnley and he was well down on SAF's list of right wingers.

Must be easy for 18/19 year olds to displace Ronaldo. :blush:

A fee has been agreed so there is no problem there. Problems will occur depending on what we are offering Eagles, what Eagles is looking for or if any other clubs come in for him and he choses them over Rangers.

I refuse to get excited until he is wearing a Rangers top and everything is confirmed.

Surely our official site wouldn't be daft enough to publish a story about a player unless we are pretty sure of him signing??

Actually, why have we published the story about him being up here at all.

Hope he signs though, would be a good addition and is something we're missing.

ff could be right

He'll be tying up loose ends

Normal practice to do so

WRONG he came here at 3.30

You have to remember that Joe Ledly left celtc without signing a contract because he had to go back to Cardiff and tie up all the lose ends. Then a few days later he had signed the contract after getting everything sorted out back home.

Eagles won't sign a contract without going over everything with his family.

He went back to England even though that was always going to happen obviously just like everyone else does after a deal people are worrying its not happening? I think it wont be done until Thomson is sold so calm down. Or maybe they want to confirm him with more signings :ph34r:

He left without signing a contract

still has to agree personal terms, he might be going back to Burnley to pack, we can't tell right now, but the fact a fee has been agreed and we can offer him Champions League football must be tempting for him to sign

WRONG he came here at 3.30

Yeah OK, Mr Pedantic

Its Ireland they are after from man city.

Ireland's a brilliant player infact a certain Graham Dorrans told me he's the best player he's played against in the Premiership. Just wish we'd got hold of Graham 2 years ago from Livingston, what a snip at £100000! A huge Rangers fan as well. :21:

ff could be right

Normal practice to do so

if he does sign then all good and well ,but i thought he had dissapeared off the radar ,he was years ago a good kid but what the fecks he done since ??

ff could be right

Normal practice to do so

if he does sign then all good and well ,but i thought he had dissapeared off the radar ,he was years ago a good kid but what the fecks he done since ??

He is only 24 though - Plenty of time to fulfill his potential

Hopefully at Rangers

Well just because he has headed back south again this evening may or may not mean anything, I'd like to think he liked what he saw and Walter used his poweres of persuasion to tempt him up here. A better move for him than joining a team who will scrapping for relegation from the EPL.

ff could be right

Normal practice to do so

He is only 24 though - Plenty of time to fulfill his potential

Hopefully at Rangers

i know any signing in this day and age is a big plus ,but a player who has only scored 18 times in 7 years as a so called forward going player doesnt fill me with much enthusiasm m8 tbh..hes done nothing in 7 years and compared to thomsons valuation,,,eagles aint worth 1.2million .

Guest therabbitt

No one has suggested that the deal is completed, just that it's a hell of a lot further down the line than anyone anticipated until about lunchtime today. It's encouraging that he's been up and that we've had a bid accepted. It's up to the player now to see where he wants to play next season. I for one hope he picks the mighty Glasgow Rangers...

Good to see we might be signing someone.

However Ive got to be honest and say I know hardly anything about Eagles, i didnt see the EPL at all last year. Could anyone fill me on position, strengths, weaknesses, physique, fitness, injury pronesss, speed, work ethic, consistency etc? :wink:

he is fast ,can beat men ,good passer ,good work ethic and has a fairly good final ball ,i think he would have been good with boyd in the team to finish off te chances he makes and the space he makes for others.

Thanks (tu)