Pressure's on the Lurgan bigot to win title

sillybilly

LEE McCULLOCH turned the heat up on Celtic by insisting boss Neil Lennon is under serious pressure to win the SPL.

The Rangers midfielder has seen the Hoops sign five new players while the Ibrox side have failed to replace any of the SIX players who have left in the summer.

That has seen bookies install Hoops as title favourites ahead of the champions.

McCulloch insists that Celtic's lack of success after splashing the cash in the past has heaped pressure on Lennon.

He said: "Celtic will be favourites to win the league - and every bit of pressure has to be on them.

"They've not won the league for a couple of years, they didn't win a trophy last year, is that right?

"So all the pressure is on Celtic.

"They are the ones spending all the money and we'll be happy to be underdogs.

"We've not brought any players in, but we'll be quietly confident that we will be in there to challenge.

"It doesn't make me angry that Celtic are buying all these players and we can't.

"That's just the way it is. They seem to have money and Rangers don't, that's it.

"I hope it makes us more determined to win the title again. It also sort of takes the pressure off a wee bit, which is good for the young boys coming in.

"Okay, we've got a Champions League campaign as well, but nobody is daft enough to think we're in that to win it. We just want to give a good account of ourselves.

"When it comes to the league, everybody knows that's the priority.

"The squad is good enough to mount a challenge - a couple of fresh faces would help."

Celtic still hope to add more players to the squad with Jimmy Bullard, left. still on their radar.

McCulloch played with him at Wigan and admits he'd love to see his close pal move up to the SPL.

He added: "I spoke to him last week and I think he's just waiting to see what's happening - waiting to see how much money he can get! He's not shy.

"I'd definitely like to see him come up here.

"I have not got a problem with him coming up and playing against him - I've told him that I'll just kick him again."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3065905/Lenny-HAS-to-win-title-now.html#ixzz0uSLo4a00

He added: "I spoke to him last week and I think he's just waiting to see what's happening - waiting to see how much money he can get! He's not shy.

"I'd definitely like to see him come up here.

"I have not got a problem with him coming up and playing against him - I've told him that I'll just kick him again."

:lol: :lol:

"They didn't win a trophy last year, is that right?"

:praise:

:clap::D:D:D:D

yep the pressure is on them...I saw they are looking at another feller ...another midfielder! Biram Kayal from Haifa <cr>

too many new players at once again? I hope so but the pressure is on them for sure

What's this 'Lenny' shite?!

Must sort this. No pet names for tims allowed on the forum :pipe:

'Lenny's a very special person' © G Spiers.....

Didn't Barry Ferguson used to have him over for house parties and the like? I'm sure I've heard this somewhere.

:power_of_anguish:

What's this 'Lenny' shite?!

Must sort this. No pet names for tims allowed on the forum :pipe:

'Lenny's a very special person' © G Spiers.....

Didn't Barry Ferguson used to have him over for house parties and the like? I'm sure I've heard this somewhere.

Yes, he was a Ferguson house guest.

I heard that too.

Conduct unbecoming a Rangers Captain :sherlock:

Och! It was just one wee isolated incident. Other than that, his behaviour was impeccable.

Och! It was just one wee isolated incident. Other than that, his behaviour was impeccable.

We'll have to agree to disagree about that one.

My phone doesn't do emoticons. I obviously didn't convey my sarcasm well enough.