Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

6 goals in 8 games so far this season. 2 in the league, 4 in the Europa qualifiers.

That's a cracking start to a season. Plus, the fact he's already played 8 games means he'd probably be our sharpest player if he signs in time for Kilmarnock.

I really do think he will be a great addition to our first team (never mind squad!). Hopefully he'll sign & go on to be a hero!

However, when/if he does sign, I just hope we bears can show a bit of restraint & not declare him as the 2nd coming (as would be done across the city). Remember, he may be banging them in for Rapid, but he's not certain to be an instant success here. (I hope this is coming across in the right way!). (tu)

ken what you mean but on the plus side he has a number of competitive games under his belt this season already and as muff has just posted his stats on goals i reckon he can hit the ground running no bother

Plus, let's be honest, Kilmarnock aren't the toughest of games, Jelavic could grab a debut goal and grab the confidence from that.

Getting a bit ahead of myself but, I can see the Sunday headline already if he does; Kris who?

here,s one to mull over direct of the fan forum

Zitat

Take this next bit of info as you wish,.............If I wanted to attention seek I would have started a new thread. Here goes.

I hear the Jelavic deal is done.

Rapid have relented and agreed Rangers price of 3.8m Euros. This includes add ons of 1m Euros after 50 appearances and a sell on clause of 25% to Rapid IF the sell on Transfer is over 5m Euros.

I don't normally post things like this for fear of egg on coupon 13.gif

I'm pretty sure on this one, my source is immaculate.

Sorry.

ps, delighted at this transfer :)

Under €5M. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: 90.gif

Dieser Beitrag wurde von Champions53Times bearbeitet: 08. August 2010 - 20:11

Zitat

Take this next bit of info as you wish,.............If I wanted to attention seek I would have started a new thread. Here goes.

Rapid have relented and agreed Rangers price of 3.8m Euros. This includes add ons of 1m Euros after 50 appearances and a sell on clause of 25% to Rapid IF the sell on Transfer is over 5m Euros.

Sorry.

ps, delighted at this transfer smile.gif

Under €5M. smiley-gen014.gifsmiley-gen014.gifsmiley-gen014.gifsmiley-gen014.gif90.gif

Thats a Rangers fan posting on a vienna forum. Even if his "immaculate" source did tell him this i dont think he would have said that theres a 25% sell on clause etc etc.

Btw i really hope this is done but id take that with a pinch of salt

Zitat

Sorry.

ps, delighted at this transfer smile.gif

Under €5M. smiley-gen014.gifsmiley-gen014.gifsmiley-gen014.gifsmiley-gen014.gif90.gif

Thats a Rangers fan posting on a vienna forum. Even if his "immaculate" source did tell him this i dont think he would have said that theres a 25% sell on clause etc etc.

Btw i really hope this is done but id take that with a pinch of salt

Maybe this fan should take over the negotiations and get Jelavichail.gif

“I was informed about Rangers’ interest in me and I really want to go,” Jelavic said. “Rapid are a great side and I have enjoyed my time here but I have paid them back well with goals and I deserve the chance to go.

“It has always been my dream to play in Britain and Rangers are a big club with tradition. I would love to play there.”

If this is the kind of thing he is telling the boardroom then they would be wise to sanction the deal. The bottom line is its in a clubs best interest to sell a Player who wants the move.

I've edited that video and I'm uploading just the Jelavic goal to Youtube incase RM want to release a wee piece including the vid.

I'll post the link when done.

That would be good (tu)

I wish people would post the article instead of just the link.

KENNY MILLER hopes that Rangers can sign Nikica Jelavic this week and believes another striker would boost the club's chances of winning a third successive SPL title.

Scotland star Kenny was once again on the scoresheet for the Light Blues yesterday in a superb 2-1 victory over Premiership giants Newcastle United.

But he feels that landing Rapid Vienna's £4million rated Croatian hitman would provide a massive lift not only for the fans but for Walter Smith's squad as a whole prior to the start of the new season.

Kenny Miller celebratesMiller said: "I've not seen much of him but if he does come, he comes with a big reputation. He is really well thought of throughout Europe.

"The goals he scores, he backs that up though.

"He would be a welcome signing for me - but any kind of signing would give the lads and the fans a big boost.

"We need something. You can see that when we make the substitutions.

"I'm not saying they're not good enough at all but in terms of experience, it's all young lads apart from Neil Alexander and Andrius Velicka.

"So we need new faces in to bolster the squad if nothing else. And at least that will then keep the guys who are in the team on their toes."

Newcastle United arrived at Ibrox yesterday hoping to record a win ahead of their mouthwatering Premiership opener against Manchester United on Monday, August 16.

But, on the day, Rangers were impressive and Kenny was understandably delighted with the display.

He added: "It was a good game, a tough test against a great team full of talented players and getting the result ahead of starting the new season is a real boost.

Kenny Miller"I feel good within myself as well. I'm enjoying the way we're playing.

"We've adapted to the system we're playing really well, particularly the lads in the middle, Maurice Edu and Steve Davis.

"Even Steven Whittaker, playing in an advanced position, played really well and produced a fantastic cross for my goal.

"The way we have been playing, it's not too defensive, there is lots of support and Stevie Naismith has been providing a lot of support from wider."

Miller will join Craig Levein's squad for this week's trip to Stockholm where Scotland will face Sweden.

And despite the game coming just days before the start of the new SPL season Kenny will give his all, as he always does, if selected to play.

He added: "I'll be travelling. It's not ideal having a game just a few days before the start of the season but it's the same for everyone.

"I'm sure a lot of club bosses, especially down south, aren't too happy about it. And it does kind of ruin your preparation going into the first league game of the season.

"But you have to deal with it and hopefully it's another cap to add to the collection."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100808/miller-i-hope-jelavic-joins-gers_2254024_2115459

I wish people would post the article instead of just the link.

KENNY MILLER hopes that Rangers can sign Nikica Jelavic this week and believes another striker would boost the club's chances of winning a third successive SPL title.

Scotland star Kenny was once again on the scoresheet for the Light Blues yesterday in a superb 2-1 victory over Premiership giants Newcastle United.

But he feels that landing Rapid Vienna's £4million rated Croatian hitman would provide a massive lift not only for the fans but for Walter Smith's squad as a whole prior to the start of the new season.

Kenny Miller celebratesMiller said: "I've not seen much of him but if he does come, he comes with a big reputation. He is really well thought of throughout Europe.

"The goals he scores, he backs that up though.

"He would be a welcome signing for me - but any kind of signing would give the lads and the fans a big boost.

"We need something. You can see that when we make the substitutions.

"I'm not saying they're not good enough at all but in terms of experience, it's all young lads apart from Neil Alexander and Andrius Velicka.

"So we need new faces in to bolster the squad if nothing else. And at least that will then keep the guys who are in the team on their toes."

Newcastle United arrived at Ibrox yesterday hoping to record a win ahead of their mouthwatering Premiership opener against Manchester United on Monday, August 16.

But, on the day, Rangers were impressive and Kenny was understandably delighted with the display.

He added: "It was a good game, a tough test against a great team full of talented players and getting the result ahead of starting the new season is a real boost.

Kenny Miller"I feel good within myself as well. I'm enjoying the way we're playing.

"We've adapted to the system we're playing really well, particularly the lads in the middle, Maurice Edu and Steve Davis.

"Even Steven Whittaker, playing in an advanced position, played really well and produced a fantastic cross for my goal.

"The way we have been playing, it's not too defensive, there is lots of support and Stevie Naismith has been providing a lot of support from wider."

Miller will join Craig Levein's squad for this week's trip to Stockholm where Scotland will face Sweden.

And despite the game coming just days before the start of the new SPL season Kenny will give his all, as he always does, if selected to play.

He added: "I'll be travelling. It's not ideal having a game just a few days before the start of the season but it's the same for everyone.

"I'm sure a lot of club bosses, especially down south, aren't too happy about it. And it does kind of ruin your preparation going into the first league game of the season.

"But you have to deal with it and hopefully it's another cap to add to the collection."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100808/miller-i-hope-jelavic-joins-gers_2254024_2115459

Point taken, but surely to fuck it's no problem to click? unless they are at work or summit with external links blocked.