Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

lads im using my mobile here anything coming from the austrian end?

This from a Rapid Vienna fan

"SupporterOfRapidVienna wrote:

I have good news for you. I know some people working trough rapid vienna ( i played in the youth teams and so i know some people with insider info ) and they told me few minutes ago, that the deal is almost done. 5 million euro for us , rangers has conceded us some time for searching another striker. At least on friday there will be the officially announcing.

Congratulations, you've signed a very good player and if you do a good job in Champions Leauge you will be able to sell him for much more money than 5 million Euro( 4 million in your currency....)"

Could be scheidt but one never knows.

I have good news for you. I know some people working trough rapid vienna ( i played in the youth teams and so i know some people with insider info ) and they told me few minutes ago, that the deal is almost done. 5 million euro for us , rangers has conceded us some time for searching another striker. At least on friday there will be the officially announcing.

Congratulations, you've signed a very good player and if you do a good job in Champions Leauge you will be able to sell him for much more money than 5 million Euro( 4 million in your currency....)"

Cheers for posting,knowing our luck he will be the Rapid fans version of YorkshireBear52.

what rapid forum do you view?

rsc? austriansoccerboard?

Why is their news all over the web saying Rapid have rejected €4.2m bid after weekend negotiations? Surley that has to be bullshit because we offered them £3.5m on thursday and €4.2m is the same equivelent of £3.5m.

Every day i seem to think this is looking good but every day there seems to be no new news or even a hint from rangers that its done. :lol:

:L same! I have given up getting my hopes up on possible signings until they run out wearing the red white and blue to the noise of Simply the Best.

Bain has flown out to Austria again so I doubt he would go through that much trouble and come back empty handed. I'm quietly confident we will sign him but hopefully they don't hold out till the Villa game!

If this does happen then it raises an interesting question, especially if we do sign other players on a permanent basis, how much transfer kitty does Walter actually have?

Say for example the papers were correct and we received an initial kitty of £5 million pounds, and say we were given the money for any sales, then that is an extra £4 million pounds giving us a current total of £9 million, and if the reports are true that Jelavic would be costing us £4 million then we've still got the original £5 million to mess around with, and in all honesty if we're after a winger and defender (left back) at least, then we should be able to manage that with £5 million when you look at the markets we've been dealing with.

Why is their news all over the web saying Rapid have rejected 4.2m bid after weekend negotiations? Surley that has to be bullshit because we offered them £3.5m on thursday and 4.2m is the same equivelent of £3.5m.

How would you know what was offered, and when?

Why is their news all over the web saying Rapid have rejected 4.2m bid after weekend negotiations? Surley that has to be bullshit because we offered them £3.5m on thursday and 4.2m is the same equivelent of £3.5m.

Rangers have seen their £3.5million bid to land Rapid Vienna striker Nikica Jelavic rejected by the Austrian outfit.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11788_6297073,00.html

But, apparently we are nearing the £4 million pound mark if reports are true.

Sky Sports are about as reliable as the Daily Record or BBC at times.

I'd imagine if we do sign Jelavic, it will be for an 'undisclosed fee', and I'm happy with that!

If this does happen then it raises an interesting question, especially if we do sign other players on a permanent basis, how much transfer kitty does Walter actually have?

Say for example the papers were correct and we received an initial kitty of £5 million pounds, and say we were given the money for any sales, then that is an extra £4 million pounds giving us a current total of £9 million, and if the reports are true that Jelavic would be costing us £4 million then we've still got the original £5 million to mess around with, and in all honesty if we're after a winger and defender (left back) at least, then we should be able to manage that with £5 million when you look at the markets we've been dealing with.

Exactly what i was thinking mate. Although I don't think the Jelavic deal is £4mil straight up. so prob like £3-3.5mil straight up, still not enough to buy wingers and a defender tho. Unless Goncalves? Adu? Both on a free. Conway for £1mill?

This is really doing my head in now. I wish we would just get him signed or walk away. Everyday I come on this looking for some news but it's the same old story "Find out by the weekend " or " We'll know for definite on Monday or Tuesday" and now it's looking like we need to wait till Friday before anything is officially anounced.

Arggghhh I'm so impatient with this now.

Rant over.

Rangers have seen their £3.5million bid to land Rapid Vienna striker Nikica Jelavic rejected by the Austrian outfit.

So it's a case of people believing what they want to believe, just as I thought.

I'd imagine if we do sign Jelavic, it will be for an 'undisclosed fee', and I'm happy with that!

I agree with you i don't think Rangers would want us knowing how much they are spending for some reason. It might be better not knowing cause if he turns out shite and people were to know we wasted 4 million on him we wont be happy :lol:

I agree with you i don't think Rangers would want us knowing how much they are spending for some reason. It might be better not knowing cause if he turns out shite and people were to know we wasted 4 million on him we wont be happy :lol:

They should have done that with Lafferty :lol:

Nae pressure on the lad if he does sign eh?

:lol:

That could be a slight problem... a lot of people are saying 'he will tear the SPL up' amongst other things.

I think I'm just going to keep quiet until I (hopefully) see him in the flesh

So it's a case of people believing what they want to believe, just as I thought.

Many different stories from many different sources. Thats how I know how much was offered and when it was. When 20 different sources print the same story but 1or2 words changed there may be a slight chance that there is some truth in there somewhere