Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

doh doh

forgot all about him.

move him to number 2 which is free - i think! :lol: and niko to number 16

simples :wink:

Don't think that is possible now, they'll be registered with the SPL or whoever :lol:

Don't think that is possible now, they'll be registered with the SPL or whoever :lol:

fuck it. he can be number 375 for all i care now :lol:

it's half 2, i'm going to bed. just get him signed in the morning rangers... regardless of his squad number! :uk:

Hmmm, ok. Seems everyone is creaming themselves here. I've just spent the last half hour watching youtube goals of Nikica Jelavic. I reckon he'll be great in the air but what I'd LOVE at Ibrox is a striker who can regularly score from outside the box. Exciting and quality strikes! Something that rarely happens :( Seen very little on youtube that appealed in terms of goals from strikes. Most were 'simple' tapins. His ability to header a goal will be a major plus but has anyone actually seen much footage, maybe even link me to footage that is allowing nearly everyone to get ott in excitement? Please!

I know it seems like a negative post, I fully hope he becomes an instant hit! I just wish to understand where the majority on here have gained their opinions from. :) Simply spending £4million isn't enough to make me feel we've got an amazing striker. Celtic paid nearly £4million for Fortune :D and then again we paid £3million for Lafferty.

Have people actually seen footage of this player or is it just the amount being spent on him that has awoken everyones positivity?

Hmmm, ok. Seems everyone is creaming themselves here. I've just spent the last half hour watching youtube goals of Nikica Jelavic. I reckon he'll be great in the air but what I'd LOVE at Ibrox is a striker who can regularly score from outside the box. Exciting and quality strikes! Something that rarely happens :( Seen very little on youtube that appealed in terms of goals from strikes. Most were 'simple' tapins. His ability to header a goal will be a major plus but has anyone actually seen much footage, maybe even link me to footage that is allowing nearly everyone to get ott in excitement? Please!

I know it seems like a negative post, I fully hope he becomes an instant hit! I just wish to understand where the majority on here have gained their opinions from. :) Simply spending £4million isn't enough to make me feel we've got an amazing striker. Celtic paid nearly £4million for Fortune :D and then again we paid £3million for Lafferty.

Have people actually seen footage of this player or is it just the amount being spent on him that has awoken everyones positivity?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zasczyc5N7c

there you go. only a couple of weeks ago.

:21:

Can you work youtube? He has scored Tonnes of goals from outside of the box, he's scored some of the most cracking goals I've seen, the guy is lethal!

Worth the fee, the wages and the fuss!

I must say lads on Kerryfail street there laughing these signings off

one poster said when we get Given, yobo and Keane we will wipe the floor with that mob this year.

:rolleyes: They changed the opinions pritty quick :lol:

DROGBA,you seek DROGBA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zasczyc5N7c

there you go. only a couple of weeks ago.

:21:

hahahahahahaha thats quality! I had loaded that clip earlier but turned it off after a few seconds as I thought it was a clip from a computer game.

Now that was exactly what I needed to see. That was a quality strike :D

NIKICA Jelavic and Vladimir Weiss could both make their Rangers debuts against Hibernian on Sunday.

Weiss’s loan deal was confirmed last night, after a dramatic few hours in which Jelavic backed out of playing for Rapid Vienna in Europe and the Austrian club reacted by deciding to let him leave.

Rapid accused Jelavic of slapping their supporters in the face by refusing to play in their Europa League tie against Aston Villa last night. Jelavic did not want to appear in the game because he was sure he would be joining Rangers and did not want to be ineligible for Walter Smith’s team in the Champions League. His decision infuriated the Rapid president Rudolf Edlinger.

The £4m Croatian international forward will now fly to Glasgow to be shown Ibrox and Murray Park and undergo a medical. The fee and personal terms of £15,000-per-week have already been agreed. He should be confirmed as Rangers’ third signing of the summer in the next 48 hours, but only after taking a stance which Edlinger said had shocked Rapid.

“Against our expectations, Nikica Jelavic informed us this morning that he does not want to perform for Rapid any more,” said Edlinger before their Villa game. “This is a shock for the whole Rapid family. Rapid is a club with a lot of passion and emotion. Someone making such a statement here is wrong, since he hits fans and members in the face.

“We would not have allowed him to leave the club so shortly before a crucial match. But, if someone says he doesn’t want to play for Rapid, he may leave. We are deeply affected by those indecent statements. I think the Rapid supporters will understand our decision.”

Jelavic himself said he would have played last night if Rapid had insisted on it, but claimed he was not mentally prepared to turn out for them because of the ever-changing saga of the transfer talks. Negotiations have continued on an almost daily basis between Rangers, Rapid and Jelavic for nearly a month. “I can hardly concentrate on the match when, over the past days, I was sold several times,” he said. “My head is all mixed up.”

Jelavic’s agent, Velibor Momcilovic, confirmed that Jelavic and Rapid were finished: “Nikica wants to go to Rangers right away. His heart is already in Glasgow.”

Weiss is in Glasgow too, having arrived yesterday morning to complete negotiations and agree his loan move from Manchester City in successful talks with Ibrox chief executive Martin Bain. The 20-year-old Slovakian winger or playmaker will be presented at a media conference today and is due to be with Rangers until May.

Last week, James Beattie joined from Stoke City for £1.5m, becoming the first player bought by Rangers in two years.

Rangers have still to make a decision on the Honduran international striker Georgie Welcome, who has been on trial at the club since last week but the indications are that he will not be offered a deal.

Another Rangers striking target, Portsmouth’s Tommy Smith, has decided to remain at the Championship club. Rangers made a £1.5m offer for the former Watford man but Smith has now met with Steve Cotterill, the Portsmouth manager, to reassure him over his future.

Cotterill said: “I don’t think Tommy is in any hurry to leave Portsmouth and I am happy with that. He has very young children in school and they are happy.”

:crabflute:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/rangers/jelavic-infuriates-rapid-but-rangers-get-their-man-1.1049380

Proven whats already happened this deal could take another spin soon but lets hope not!

If he does sign what are we going to do with Beattie ?

Surely it will be Miller and Jelavic upfront and Beattie being a new signing could feel he hasnt been given a chance and be very upset if dropped.

I dont see Walter going 4-3-3 either...

I still have a question over whether or not kenny will still be here come end of the window...far too much good news this week. I'm really hoping there's not gunna be a surprise like that. But yeah its gotta be beattie or jelavis unless its at home vs bottom half spl where I'm sure we could play 2 out n out without much issue with weiss and dayvo providing the killer balls

I'd be totally surprised if Kenny Miller, or even ANY of our experienced guys go out of the door, no matter who we sign or how many we sign in this current transfer window...unless a really crazy bid comes in for them of course.

Walter isn't building a team here, guys...He is building a squad to compete on all fronts, so even if we have 6 or 7 strikers available, he wants them to be flexible and be ready to play in different positions if need be.

The only experienced player that I could possibly see leave is Velicka at this point in time.

Just my opinion, of course. :pipe:

We shoulda put in a wee £10m bid for McGeady for a laugh.

Would have been funnier if we faxed them an offer for him of 39p,a bag of pickled onion Monster Munch, Curly-Wurly and a can of Panda Cola.

Then offer to pay them in installments.

Would have been funnier if we faxed them an offer for him of 39p,a bag of pickled onion Monster Munch, Curly-Wurly and a can of Panda Cola.

Then offer to pay them in installments.

Specifically, warm panda cola :craphead: