Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

If it comes down to wages, and he's not prepared to accept the terms that we offer him, then fcuk him, we move on. Not saying it's going to come down to that, but we shouldn't scrap our wage cap for anyone!

Also, if he's due money from Rapid, then he's perfectly entitled to it, and if it costs us the deal, then that's they way it goes - we shouldn't be forking out extra. It's the way football works these day's sadly.

This guy cost Rapid 140,000 not too long ago, with probably wages to match, a move to Ibrox will prob x5 his wages and Rapid also making a killing on the transfer regardless of the little bit to be passed on to his previous club, i see a bit of greed sneaking in here from player and club.

£3.2mil souns very good to me

Especially since Rapid knocked back a bid of £3.5m last week. ;)

:lol:

It's been a farce, mate. :D

They had a read at this thread and felt sorry for us all that it's reached over 100 pages with no conclusion so decided to drop the price as a gesture of goodwill :D

Thankfully the 'scrap the wage cap' brigade aren't in charge of this club. The last few years of being skint have been hard and i don't fancy it again in a years time because we're throwing about money we can't afford.

Wise words. We all, and i include myself need to face a good few tough years in front of us. I do believe we are on the downhill slope now, we seem to have sorted ourselves out financially and we wont be making the same mistakes as we did in the past. Plus the fact the whole World had the financial crash didn't help.

We are doing ok, and the fact we are chasing this guy proves we are doing well with the bank.

Keep calm peeps as lets be honest, we have done very well on the pitch when it could have been a lot lot more worse!

If the Stv article is to be believed it still looks good for us. Can only presume Rapid are not wanting to pay him anything because they feel he is looking to move rather than them actively selling if you see what I mean. Could get complicated if that's the case and might come down to the finer details of his current deal.

£3.2mil souns very good to me

Especially since Rapid knocked back a bid of £3.5m last week. ;)

It's been a farce, mate. :D

They had a read at this thread and felt sorry for us all that it's reached over 100 pages with no conclusion so decided to drop the price as a gesture of goodwill :D

Unless this lad is a total prick like Eagles, this will get done. Surely 20k per week PLUS bonuses will see him a Rangers player.

As was stated, the Boyd deal.

EDIT:

They had a read at this thread and felt sorry for us all that it's reached over 100 pages with no conclusion so decided to drop the price as a gesture of goodwill
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Couldn't agree more with a couple of others regarding the wage cap.

It's been in place for a couple of years and we are actually running at a profit (despite the debt)

We can't go back to haemorraging over players wages. The cap is there for a reason and I'm delighted - it's just a few years too late.

We shouldn't need to pay anyone more than 20 grand a week to win week in, week out in the SPL.

On the wage cap... absolutely agree. There should be no exceptions. We're getting used anyway for players who want an EPL move. Not a bad thing imho. But they have to realize, we play in the SPL.

And The Rangers is one very fine item to have on your CV!

Didn't KT say that The Rangers owed him money as well? Can't a bloody transfer just be done these days without all this maneuvering around this and that?

I think he just wanted a little lump sum because he felt he was being forced out against his will. May be wrong.

The wage cap is all good if we have a good scouting network in place and look at players from all over the world, in leagues were there isn't a lot of money. We seem to be doing this at the moment so it's looking good right now.

The problem with the wage cap is that we seem to be looking at players who more than likely could get an offer to go to the EPL. This will only be wasting our time as these players will knock back our offer once we agree a fee with their clubs.

I am extremely happy we have a wage cap in place given that we look outwith the the normal places for players i.e championship.

With rumours of Rangers not agreeing personal terms, the wheels could be coming off this wagon.

That does seem odd though as Jelavic seemed so keen to come here.

All this uncertainty is killing me. I can't wait til it's over one way or another. These long drawn out sagas are making us look foolish.

Where are these rumours coming from?

TBH, I doubt we would go this far without knowing his wage demands.

That'll be the rumours now being reported by STV etc.

STV are being negative now. :blush: