What's your earliest Rangers memory?

GOAT

Sitting on the red cinder track at Broomfield 1952 near the corner flag and Rangers legend Johnny Hubbard asking me for the ball in the strangest accent I had ever heard (South African)...I think he patted me on the head also.

The weirdest thing is that nvager was at that game also and we are now members of RM although he is now in the USA and I'm in Australia.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

other than my dad sittin in the kitchen listenin to 810mw as we lived in morecambe area so the signal was all shitty and runnin through when he started cheerin and joining in pretending i knew what was going on. my first proper memory is my first game in the home end unfortunately at pittodrie, my godfather is a don and got us tickets, we won 1-0 but i cant remember who scored the winner right infront of me, but it was 1993 cuz i was 6.

It was Mark Hateley who scored the winner (tu)

many thanks to you sir! i remember working hard at not cheering even at 6

other than my dad sittin in the kitchen listenin to 810mw as we lived in morecambe area so the signal was all shitty and runnin through when he started cheerin and joining in pretending i knew what was going on. my first proper memory is my first game in the home end unfortunately at pittodrie, my godfather is a don and got us tickets, we won 1-0 but i cant remember who scored the winner right infront of me, but it was 1993 cuz i was 6.

It was Mark Hateley who scored the winner (tu)

many thanks to you sir! i remember working hard at not cheering even at 6

I remember the game well as it was my first away game (that I remember) - found it on Youtube as well

I remember we were playing Aberdeen at home and Andy Cameron got attacked by an Aberdeen fan who ran on the pitch to the centre circle where Andy used to make pre-match announcements and sing. This was in the late 1990's i think.

My earliest memory is my first Rangers game which was against St Johnstone at Ibrox, sat in the Copland with my Dad. We drew 0-0 that game I'm sure...

But this has a special place in my memory. :h34rt:

1965 against motherwell or dumfermilne was only two year old the first of many matches for me, first OF match was 1970 league cup final was only 6 and 7 days before my 7th birthday we won the cup 1-0 against the celtic never missed a match after this till the 90,s

1984 League Cup Final, McCoists Hat-Trick and Coopers magic, I was only 6 and that game made me a Ger. :21: Still remember lying on our old brown leather sofa watching it. Everything was brown in the early 80's!

My youngest memory was watching Rangers vs Dundee, I can't remember when. Goram was playing anyway. Just watched the 6-1 game vs Dunfermline, Shota, what a player!! NO SURRENDER

Jorg slotting a Pen home against Motherwell in 97 im sure.

I also funnily rememeber everytime we played Motherwell, we used to play Anti Niemi in goals but hardly any other games. This could be a figure of my childhood imagination though :blush:

The reason I started to support Rangers is related to My first memory of Celtic.

I grew up in Janefield Street and Me and some friend use to hang around the local barrow co which at that time had old used wood barrows, lol. We also use to play in the local Graveyard (sad I agree but there was nothing else to do and no where else to go). I even went to Janefield Street Primary School. Anyways, after games the Celtic fans use to jump all over My Dads Car (happened on more than one time) and later on I thought it was disrespectful to build a stand overhanging the Graveyard.

I never had much respect for Celtic in any way. I always have been, and always will be, a 'Blue Nose'

This game for me as well. Ironically I got a ticket for the Old Firm game the next week. McCoist scored again and that cunt Ally Maxwell dropped two in the last two minutes and the tims won 2-1

I was at that game as well. That cunt Brian O'Neill scored in the 93rd minute :anguish:

Think it was Lou Macari's first game in charge