Tommy Smith on his way

Ibroxblue

his scoring record has been pretty poor at every club, 1.5mill?

Miller was the very same and look at his the last 2 seasons, it's been, not only good, but vital.

millers ratio was always better than 1 in 19

Millers Ratio before signing for Rangers was 1 Goal : 3.3 games

Since joining his ratio is 1 goal : 2.2

Therefor improved by 1/3.

Smiths right now is 1 Goal : 4.9 games.

So if he too improved by 1/3 he would be at 1 Goal: 3.3 games.

Therefor, if both players played 40 games this season for Rangers (Miller at current goal ratio and if Smith improved) :

Miller - 18 Goals

Smith - 12 Goals

I hated maths, and it might be cause I'm shit at it too.

<cr>

:lol:

millers better than smith and im not his biggest fan

i was hoping anyone we brought in would be better than what we have :(

i dont think smith is any better than any of our strongest 11

I'm the exact same mate. Millers performances last season were on the whole terrific. I don't think Smith is anything to be worked up by, but what i'm saying is, we shouldn't judge every ST we buy, purely based on their goals. Miller gives us so much more than goals, and Boyd only gave us goals, not a drip of sweat more. I think if Walter does sign him, he should at least give the boy a chance to prove us right/wrong.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After everything that wattie and Bain have said about buying the right players and not making the same mistakes again, but here we are going for a 30 year old for £1.5million. Utter madness

If we had got Darcheville or Prso for 1.5 million we still wouldn't complain though. I mean we got them for free, but if we knew they would play so well for us, i'd have paid 5 million for Prso he was THAT good.

Can't see the point in this transfer tbh. Far too expensive for a start.. £1.5mill for a player (usually a sub by all accounts for Portsmouth) who is out of form and pretty much failed at epl level and why the fuck are we getting held to ransom to a club that are in administration.

1.5mill !!!! Ehhhh no ta, u can keep him.

I'm very very 'IWWT' but this is a strange one, too much cash for not Enuf player IMO

After everything that wattie and Bain have said about buying the right players and not making the same mistakes again, but here we are going for a 30 year old for £1.5million. Disgusting

(tu)

I'm not away to read through 9 pages of this thread. Can someone give me a quick update Re Tommy Smith.

Please say he's on his way to QPR!?

According to SSN, we're both after him for £1million.

I'm not away to read through 9 pages of this thread. Can someone give me a quick update Re Tommy Smith.

I sincerely hope so muff, wasting the little money we have on the likes of him is outrageous

Perhaps we should have another look at merging thread then? Do forums really have to be neat and tidy like a teenagers bedroom?? Does merging threads admin ffs!! :anguish:

Merging threads - my pet hate.

Perhaps we should have another look at merging thread then? Do forums really have to be neat and tidy like a teenagers bedroom?? Does merging threads admin ffs!! :anguish:

No need for numerous threads on the same subject. I'm just too lazy tonight to read through 9 pages of a thread, I usually would.

No need for numerous threads on the same subject. I'm just too lazy tonight to read through 9 pages of a thread, I usually would.

You're not the only lazy one. I would doubt many folk are reading most of the garbage written on merged threads...

[Rant]Take the Jelavic thread for example.. There could be something on page 142 of 167 that you really wanted to read but you'll never know because you and nobody else can be fucked reading through a bunch of crap to find it... I honestly thing merging threads is silly, it's a forum not a trophy room.. There's about 2000 posts of kid fans arguing about shite that we all have to read through due to this merging nonsense. It's the one thing about Rangers media that has been ruined for me.[/Rant]

how can a club or chief exec go from offering 300k to offering 5 times that amount in the space of 2 offers? doh!

horrific business dealings!

I have been saying for years we have to learn to play hardball in these situations but seem to be represented by a CEO with abysmal negotiating skills.

how can a club or chief exec go from offering 300k to offering 5 times that amount in the space of 2 offers? doh!

horrific business dealings!

I have been saying for years we have to learn to play hardball in these situations but seem to be represented by a CEO with abysmal negotiating skills.

(tu)

totally agree

nothing will change while bain is here, sickening as that is

mans feckin clueless

You're not the only lazy one. I would doubt many folk are reading most of the garbage written on merged threads...

[Rant]Take the Jelavic thread for example.. There could be something on page 142 of 167 that you really wanted to read but you'll never know because you and nobody else can be fucked reading through a bunch of crap to find it... I honestly thing merging threads is silly, it's a forum not a trophy room.. There's about 2000 posts of kid fans arguing about shite that we all have to read through due to this merging nonsense. It's the one thing about Rangers media that has been ruined for me.[/Rant]

Couldn't agree more. :wink:

Threads like the Jelavic one rarely pop up, and I'm not too sure how many threads were merged into the Tommy Smith one as I've not been on all day. Threads get merged if required, if not, then they are usually left, closed or deleted. No need to have various threads on a topic already discussed - unless the situation changes.