James Beattie

Gers1508

where are fans getting this high wages from? we have a limit we wont go over allegedly so if were not going to break it for thomson, gudjohnson or even eagles, we wont be breaking it for beattie, yes hes on big bucks, but that doesnt mean he will get big bucks from us

maybe hes happy to take a huge cut to try the champs league before he retires and win 3 medals a year minimum till he retires?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

any quotes? didnt think so

i think he will would jog slowly a mock up here :)

(tu) Sorted it mate

:lol:

very harsh on him imo

(tu)

Seriously any decent striker should be capable of scoring between 25-30 goals in the spl and James Beattie comes into that category.( look what a half fit R Keane did)

The speculation over TS & JB in the past couple of days is perhaps a message to Mr Jelovic that we are not prepared to wait indefinitely.

(tu)

Walter like the older players.

I couldn't give a hoot about their age, only what they can offer. No many complaining about Davie Weir these days, despite the anguished cries when we first signed him in season 1947/48.

I think Beattie would score a barrowload in the SPL!

Moses i am not so sure if he would score plenty goals.

It's still a big enough question as to Beattie arriving at all, Minstral. Thereafter we just have to wait and see. But, he's a player I like and feel reasonably confident would serve us well.

He made 38 appearances for stoke over 2 seasons and only scored 9 goals, 1.5 mil is too expensive for someone who over the last two seasons has missed a full season.

How many did Miller score down there ?

I can see I'm not the first one to say this on here but I hope this dont mean that Jelavic wont be coming!

Its a tough one, think he could be successful up here if he can stay injury free. Wish we could have got him 3 or 4 years ago. If he does come I hope he gets on better than Franny Jeffers did (td)

He made 38 appearances for stoke over 2 seasons and only scored 9 goals, 1.5 mil is too expensive for someone who over the last two seasons has missed a full season.

At wolves he made 167 apps and scored 52 goals (including his loan spell)

At derby he made 30 apps and scored only 4, so similar to beattie

Cheers for that.

I think Beattie probably could do a job but would prefer the younger player in Jelavic.

I can see I'm not the first one to say this on here but I hope this dont mean that Jelavic wont be coming!

Its a tough one, think he could be successful up here if he can stay injury free. Wish we could have got him 3 or 4 years ago. If he does come I hope he gets on better than Franny Jeffers did (td)

Was told we made enquires when he was at Sheffield United but a weekly wage of 48k somehow put us off.

Cheers for that.

I think Beattie probably could do a job but would prefer the younger player in Jelavic.

I reckon he could to, if he stayed fit for a couple of seasons, but 1.5 million is an awful risk for a player who could get injured all the time.

List of strikers we're being linked with is growing and apart from jelavic and maybe welcome i'd say no to the rest. Don't rate Beattie much and £1.5mil is to much for a player of his age he'd last maybe 2 years then retire and we'd lose even more money.

Seriously any decent striker should be capable of scoring between 25-30 goals in the spl and James Beattie comes into that category.( look what a half fit R Keane did)

The speculation over TS & JB in the past couple of days is perhaps a message to Mr Jelovic that we are not prepared to wait indefinitely.

(tu)

Do not kid yourself. Beattie isn't on the same par with Keane, not even close. As much as I hate the cunt, you can't compare James Beattie to Robbie Keane.

Was told we made enquires when he was at Sheffield United but a weekly wage of 48k somehow put us off.

How the f*ck can Sheffield UTD pay 48K per week? The world (at least the English part of it) has gone mad.

Robbie Keane strolled our league. Would easily have scored +30 if he was here the whole season.

Hopefully.. This is The Rangers playing some hardball with Jelavic... As others have said.. We ain't going to wait forever.

I'd be very happy to see this, but NOT INSTEAD of Jelavic...

Beattie would score for fun up here, like "Kanjo" said, age is irrelevant if he could still do the business for us over a short period of time.

Another uninspiring name IMO, with the likes of Beattie and Tommy Smith costing £1.5million I can't help but think I'd rather that money went on a winger, look at the amount of strikers we have. Miller, Lafferty, Naismith, Little, Velicka - If we get Jelavic I'd say get rid of Velicka or Lafferty, but tbh I'd take Mphela or Welcome too, just think too much time is being spent looking at a striker when we need wingers, a left back and probably a centre back a bit more.