Kenny Miller, Forgiven ?

mmrfc1873

293 members have voted

1. 1. Forgiven

• Yes
    • No

If I'm honest, I find it tough. I accept him as a vital player to the team. His work ethic is fantastic and he's had a fantastic impact in his second spell with us, scoring vital goals.

However good he is as a player, as a person I think he's a bit of a prick tbh. And I know this is bad, but it is how I feel. The main reason of my dislike does relate to the fact he wore the green and grey. As a fan, I will never have the fondness I have for players like Davis and Fleck for Miller. I respect him as a player, and I am delighted with his contribution to the team. Do I like the guy? Will I ever get his name on the back of my shirt or sing his name? No.

he's a "bit of a prick" eh? go look in the mirror pal. <cr>

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with the OP's question of forgiveness. The fact that he played for them doesnt concern me at all.

I have not liked the player for many years and was openly slagging off Timmy when he signed for them, and was ultimately proven right when he flopped there and was offloaded 18 months or so later.

He has no ball control, is a poor finisher, and has always gone long barren spells throughout his career.

I thought today he was one of our worst players overall, but goals are what the game is all about, and i'll take that level of poor performance every week if the results stay the same.

I have never cheered for him, and I never will, as he is the kind of player I just dont like, and I would be delighted if we cashed in before the end of the window and got shot of him.

1 hat-trick in 3 seasons does not a centre forward make. If he actually gets more than 4 out of 10 in any European game this seaosn, it will be his highest mark since coming back to the club, think about that while you are all having this Kenny love-in.

I really hope you have been on the bevvy all day.

I do both (tu) I honestly do

At the same time, its also the longest purple patch he has had in his career so I cant deny his usefulness at the moment. However, now we have Jelavic, I can see his time drawing to a close if the lad lives up to his potential

That's fine mate, as already stated, I can understand your thought process regarding him, but I don't really buy into them in the circumstances of Miller.

Each to their own as they say.

That's fine mate, as already stated, I can understand your thought process regarding him, but I don't really buy into them in the circumstances of Miller.

Each to their own as they say.

You can? Do expand? I am not being critical, i am being sceptical ;)

he hit 20+ for Wolves in 04/05, and, last year for us, bar that, most seasons he struggled to hit double figures throughout his career. For me, as an ex striker, thats not a really good ratio, hence the uncomfortable feeling i have as him being our number 9. Touch wood, he continues as he is, because, nobody can question his form over the last 12 months

You can? Do expand? I am not being critical, i am being sceptical ;)

he hit 20+ for Wolves in 04/05, and, last year for us, bar that, most seasons he struggled to hit double figures throughout his career. For me, as an ex striker, thats not a really good ratio, hence the uncomfortable feeling i have as him being our number 9. Touch wood, he continues as he is, because, nobody can question his form over the last 12 months

You are confusing the shite out of me here.

You quoted my post stating you do both, meaning you both dislike his association with that mob and hate him!!!! (post 121)

What the fuck has that got to do with your post above?

You are confusing the shite out of me here.

You quoted my post stating you do both, meaning you both dislike his association with that mob and hate him!!!! (post 121)

What the fuck has that got to do with your post above?

:lol: Sorry dude

You said

"I think it's more a point of disliking his association with that mob rather than hating him."

and, i just agreed that I do both. The main reason I "hate" him, is, a perception that he isnt good enough (hence the career stats), but, at the same time, last 12 months, good job, still dont think he will keep it up tho hehe

edit - third bottle of claret, which may add to the confusion!

:lol: Sorry dude

You said

"I think it's more a point of disliking his association with that mob rather than hating him."

and, i just agreed that I do both. The main reason I "hate" him, is, a perception that he isnt good enough (hence the career stats), but, at the same time, last 12 months, good job, still dont think he will keep it up tho hehe

edit - third bottle of claret, which may add to the confusion!

Cheers (tu)

It's as clear as a parcel of pish now......... :D

Can any of you bears say in all honesty that you have not seen that lad give everything week in week out? He may not be the best but from what I have seen he puts the effort on the line and I will respect anyone who does that for our club.

I do not care who he has played for as long as he is trying 100% for our club.

I wish I had 10% of his talent on the field

In my eyes the lad has never had anything to apologise for, sure he played for "them" *shudder* but he's only a professional plying his trade! :)

When he arrived at Rangers for the 2nd time he has always had my support and he is one of the main reasons for the success we've enjoyed over the last few years!

:clap:

turn coat cant get any worse

I have never boo'ed Miller, once!

I must have been the only guy not against him when he signed :lol::D

Naw you weren't mate! When he pulled on that Blue shirt again, that's all I was interested in. He's worth every penny we paid for him.

I can assure those who responded to my last post in this thread that I bear him no ill from playing for the scum. As I said I was delighted when he signed for them, and disappointed when he stopped taking his £20Kpw from them, as I dont rate the player at all as a striker, and therefore was really happy that Timmy was wasting their money on him.

What disappoints me is that we signed a player of very poor quality for a lot of money and a hefty wage on top, for not a lot back.

I admit his partnership with Boyd worked a treat for us last season when Miller probably had his best ever season as a pro, but I can still see so many faults in his game, just about every game, that I continue to wish for better for our club. Is that so wrong?

I would ask everyone to look at his European record with us, as our main striker, and justify his position. We are continually told that it is Europe where players are judged, well I ask you to judge him on his European performances. Played 7 scored 0. Played badly in 7. That is the cold hard facts of Kenny Miller's European ability, and is a big reason, IMO, why we failed so badly in the last 2 Euro campaigns after a fantastic run the season before he was signed.

Yes, he is on a good run of form just now, but as we all know, form is temporary, class is permanent, and Miller doesnt have it.

Sober as a judge now, and I'm standing by what I said last night. I forgive him, I'll never like him, but if he keeps these performances up, he's the first name on my teamsheet.

I also sang his name yesterday, he deserved it.

The guy has been possibly Walter's best signing since coming back to Ibrox. Has gave us an edge upfront we have missed for years. A class act and IMO when he plays you can see how much he loves being at Rangers (tu)

Kenny Miller

Lets get facts straight here!

How many of you are Dads??????

Unless you are-you have no Idea why KM signed for the dims at darkheid.

He was split from his missus & missed his kids as they all moved back to Scotland-he needed a club in Scotland & the tims were the only ones offering him a deal at the time.

He has already commented that he knew it would create probs, but it was a family decision and his kids & seeing them matter more than anyone elses views.

I didnt see mine for three weeks through one thing or another lately & it was driving me crazy.

I would do anything to see my kids & fuck anyone else-sticking their nebs in

Can any of you bears say in all honesty that you have not seen that lad give everything week in week out? He may not be the best but from what I have seen he puts the effort on the line and I will respect anyone who does that for our club.

I do not care who he has played for as long as he is trying 100% for our club.

I wish I had 10% of his talent on the field

Who said he didn't ? That's nothing to do with it.

Kenny Miller

Lets get facts straight here!

How many of you are Dads??????

Unless you are-you have no Idea why KM signed for the dims at darkheid.

He was split from his missus & missed his kids as they all moved back to Scotland-he needed a club in Scotland & the tims were the only ones offering him a deal at the time.

He has already commented that he knew it would create probs, but it was a family decision and his kids & seeing them matter more than anyone elses views.

I didnt see mine for three weeks through one thing or another lately & it was driving me crazy.

I would do anything to see my kids & fuck anyone else-sticking their nebs in

Hopefully someone can confirm this but I'm sure we were in for him as well but the tims offered him more which would blow that argument out the water.

He wears the Rangers shirt so I'll support him but...

If the wife goes out and sleep with another guy, would you forgive her? No. You *may* learn to love her again over a period of time, but you will never truly forgive her.

So no, I won't ever forgive him.