• No
    • Only for CL matches
    • Never
    • Other

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I'd call it being dropped mate! I'd be kinder to him and call it "Rested" :pipe:

I really don't think his legs are good enough for the way we need to defend in the CL...and we can't afford to be defending on the edge of our 18 yard box or we will get slaughtered, so i'd rest him for those games as long as we have another C/D to come in for him.

no chance

Although he is the captain of this great club a cant help but think it would be best to giv another cb a chance beside boughy. As much as i like the guy i just think his age is starting to show. as soon as champ league comes he wil get rippd to shreads lets be honest.u seen wat webster done last season wiv united so giv him a chance. i dont really see dave weir as a captain either. think should be given to big lee when he is back.

Weir has been immense for the Rangers since he came to Ibrox - probably worth a place in the Hall of Fame due to his leadership through what many would describe as troubled times.

I feel this season is a season too many for him and we could pay dearly for persevering with him.

Bottom line in my opinion is.....................the Rangers shouldn't even be contemplating playing a 40 year old CB and Captain, and I say this with the utmost respect for Davie.

Weir has been immense for the Rangers since he came to Ibrox - probably worth a place in the Hall of Fame due to his leadership through what many would describe as troubled times.

I feel this season is a season too many for him and we could pay dearly for persevering with him.

Bottom line in my opinion is.....................the Rangers shouldn't even be contemplating playing a 40 year old CB and Captain, and I say this with the utmost respect for Davie.

I can see Scholes or Giggs still playing for Man U as they approach 40, why not Davie?

I can see Scholes or Giggs still playing for Man U as they approach 40, why not Davie?

Probably no chance of that.

But if they do, it will be due to the fact they are midfielders/forwards, and have nothing but class around them to support them in old age.

They can afford mistakes - defenders can't.

We have Broadfoot, Whittaker, and an ageing Papac.