• No
    • Only for CL matches
    • Never
    • Other

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have nothing but respect for Davie Weir and he has served us proudly but i do fear that in the Champions League our opponents will be looking to exploit his pace however I'm sure he can make up for this with his incredible judgment for reading the game so i will decline to vote and stick with Walter's decision !!!

And replace him with the just as slow, just as immobile but not as good at reading the game and perpetually injured Andy Webster?

or the classy, speedy, clubfoot. dont think so. we need to get a quick c/b to play along with boughy, that way we can play further up the field and press opposing teams more.

absolutely vital in c/l games

I would let him sit out the domestic cup games

and some games in the league after CL gams midweek

I would be happy for him to play in those games but i think resting him in certain "easier" games would help him stay at 100%

Who would of thought when sir walter brought him in for a short stop gap

we would still be talking about the big man and his preformances. the only

thing imo is people go on about his lack of pace, as for as im concerned the

big man never had it to lose in the first place. keep up the god work davie

:praise::praise::praise::praise::praise::praise::praise:

Big Davie even said himself, he is on better form when playing constantly - he doesn't like breaks in his game and he prefers a constant flow of top-game football, therefore no, dropping him and playing him just in SPL games or CL games is not the way to go.

webster is always injured, so the other options would be mcculloch or broadfoot and i imagine we will go 4-5-1 for champions league, so mcculloch will be the holding player in the midfield and i would rather have weir in my team anyday over broadfoot but for league or cup if webster is fit then i would rotate every few games.