We need good defenders NOW !

im worried how easy it was at times for saints to open us up davie is gettin on in years . i think we need a better LB and a better RB there both good at getting forword at times but we will get punished in the champions league if we dont try to get this sorted now

New LB, play Weiss on the right, his overall team effort is brilliant, he will drop back and help Whittaker.

We really do need a goo LB and CB though, Papac has been awful since the start of our season, and I feel that this season is a season too far for Davie Weir! :jelavic:

Papac is just too lackadaisical, he gets caught out far too much and always gives the opposition far too much time and space on the ball. Just seems to be his way and a part of his game thats never going to change.

St Johnstone seemed to target this side of the pitch and they had a lot of joy in the first half as Weir doesnt have the pace to get out there and cover any gaps that Papac leaves. Against better sides we will be found out in this area.

Papac is just too lackadaisical, he gets caught out far too much and always gives the opposition far too much time and space on the ball. Just seems to be his way and a part of his game thats never going to change.

St Johnstone seemed to target this side of the pitch and they had a lot of joy in the first half as Weir doesnt have the pace to get out there and cover any gaps that Papac leaves. Against better sides we will be found out in this area.

I'd agree with that.

He's not aggressive or urgent enough when we're defending.

I blame Lee McCulloch. When he is in CM we lose so much composure and control. Yes his pass for Miller was brilliant but he just hasn't got the position sense or composure on the ball.

Too often he passes the ball then runs away from the player he passes it too, instead of making an angle to recieve the ball back.

Yes our defence didn't look the best but it isn't easy when you've got a defensive midfielder who doesn't know how to keep possession or how to close down space. Too many times he just runs straight into the player giving away silly free kicks instead of closing down the space and the players options.

He has neither the ability or the brains to play defensive midfielder well. I just feel we have more control in the middle when he is not there.

I am a fan of Lee and his contribution last year was really good but we can't really on him to protect the back and keep possession.

The defence will raise it's game for the Champions League.

I have faith that the boys we already have allied to Walters tactics will see us not only compete but hopefully qualify for the last 16. (tu)

No reason to panic buy just for the sake of it.

dream on

We need defensive cover, but our defence is ok.

Think about it...

Dodgy penalty against Kilmarnock

Clean sheet away to Hibs

Asolute rocket, 1 in a million type strike from St Johnstone.

OK, I agree with the OP that sometimes our midfield allow un-neccessary pressure on our defence, but the defence look solid.

Everytime a ball comes into the box, Im confident theres no danger. It's one off mistakes that cause the goals.

The same cant be said for Celtic.

I feel it's a bit harsh on Papac he's pretty consitant he's not a natural Sideback something most people forget, he was a Centre back whne brought in. If we could offload Laffs and bring in two side backs and a left winger i'd settle for that being an ideal squad.

I feel it's a bit harsh on Papac he's pretty consitant he's not a natural Sideback something most people forget, he was a Centre back whne brought in. If we could offload Laffs and bring in two side backs and a left winger i'd settle for that being an ideal squad.

This is his 4th year at left back.

He's literally 10 fold better there than center half. Some folk have short memories.