Smith will waste our time with Weiss

CanadianBacon

i know its internet chat from me but a certain physio when pushed on the said question didnt want to say its not happening on purpose :jelavic:

You should never listen to

psychos m8 you will have nightmares.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To get back on subject I've seen a few posts saying that if/when we bring in a left winger it will be problem solved !

Now seriously can you see us taking to the field with two out and out wingers we would get torn apart

I must have missed something over the past week. When the fuk did steven Naismith become a better right winger than Vladimir Weiss??

I've just sat through 6 pages of back and forth arguing mostly between GFG and others and I've gotta say I completely agree with GovanFrontGers! How the hell can people not get it through their head that Weiss is better on the right!

The whole "if weiss is so good he should be able to play both sides" argument is pish! He CAN play LM but he's not left footed and will

not be getting to the byeline and crossing with his left!

Steven Naismith - sorry but what does Naismith do on the right that he couldn't do on the left? Does he gallop up and down the flank crossing balls in with his excellent right foot? No. Does he rip full backs apart and set up goals? No.

So why the fuk can we not put him out on the left??? Weiss is a better option on the right than Naismith it's as simple as that!

And I agree with the point on the "in walter we trust" crew...people need to get real!

Well we will find out by 5 oclock on tuesday, but he held talks with boro when GS first went there looked at houses etc and his missus wouldnt leave here as they were settled. He has also apparently said that he wants to show us(the fans) thanks for taking to him this time round after playing with the earls.

this can`t be true as he was under contract with us . so sorry it`s pish.

GFG some thing I agree with you on some I don`t.

but weiss def needs to play on the right.

Everyone who is saying naismith should play there are also asking walter to go get a left midfielder. when that happens naismith will be dropped.

One thing I don`t agree with is your view of Lee McCulloch . we are a much better shape with him in as defensive mid compared to edu.

I like edu but as an attacking midfielder . ( I think he is more like cover for davis )

But I`m sure we will be trying to bring in a left back and a left mid before the deadline. then all will be sorted. if we do we will moon walk to the title.

also beattie looked better on saturday ( fitness wise ) , he also holds the ball up well . good squad player but not a future starter for us.

still wouldn`t be surprised if we done a deal for conway with webster moving in the other direction.( although I`d like better but we all would )

Could it be that as a manager he actually thought that St Johnstone were weaker down their right side and tried to take advantage? Robben is a left winger but always plays on the right. Every cunt knows he's going to cut inside and shoot but no cunt can stop him. Maybe he just wanted to see what he could do on the left after seeing him on the right against hibs. Maybe he done it to outfox St Johnstone as they'd have been expecting him on the right. Personally I'd like him to be given a free role to go where he wants.

Yes, Walter will not play Weiss to his strengths and we will not get the use of the potential threat that he has.

It must be obvious to all that Walter does not like to play with width; he never has.

Walter has no equal at attempting to fit square pegs into round holes, Boli being the worst or best example, depending on how you look at it.

I'll see your Basil Boli, and raise you Duncan Ferguson as a left back!

I await with interest, what Walter has in store positional wise for Beattie and Lafferty, if they are to be regulars, maybe they will just end up squad players, both outcomes will be interesting.

this can`t be true as he was under contract with us . so sorry it`s pish.

Ok i bow to your superior knowledge here. Trust me they had been looking at places to stay etc. GS wanted him down there with him but then again what would i know rolleyes.gif

Brian Laudrup. Peter Huistra. Mark Walters.

Laudrup was given a roving role and Durie was most often the wide man.

Huistra played sporadically and like Weiss on his weaker side to ensure that he turned in again to narrow the game.

Walters played 4 or 5 games under Walter.

Walter has always set his teams up the same way with any width coming from one attacking full back with the other full back role being played by a central defender; Boli,McPherson,McLaren,Moore,Papac.

Forward wide positions inevitably have been played by a striker playing wide plus a defensive minded midfielder,or defender/striker playing wide midfield on their weaker foot or central midfielder which ensures that lack of width.

Laudrup was given a roving role and Durie was most often the wide man.

Huistra played sporadically and like Weiss on his weaker side to ensure that he turned in again to narrow the game.

Walters played 4 or 5 games under Walter.

Walter has always set his teams up the same way with any width coming from one attacking full back with the other full back role being played by a central defender; Boli,McPherson,McLaren,Moore,Papac.

Forward wide positions inevitably have been played by a striker playing wide plus a defensive minded midfielder,or defender/striker playing wide midfield on their weaker foot or central midfielder which ensures that lack of width.

We'll have to disagree.

Not only has Smith employed great wingers as I mentioned - and I hope Weiss turns out to be another great for us - the idea that he picked and played the likes of Laudrup because he doesn't like width flies in the face of the facts.

And a bit part for Huistra? He played over well over a 100 games for Smith, including two seasons with 40 or more appearances.

I reckon Lafferty will get a fair few games this season and in that case he'll start on the left with Weiss on the right.

When him and Naisy are starting (and with Naisy on form will be most games) Weiss has got to start on the right for the reasons the OP outlined. He was getting predictable in the second half as he cut in 100% of the time. We would be far better off with Weiss starting on the right and Naisy on the left, for one Weiss is far more dangerous when he can go to the byline, and secondly Naisy could still play his game attacking the back post. Theres no reason why they can't switch during the game, but let Weiss switch to the left from time to time so he can cut in and have a go, leaving him in his best position for most of the game at RM.

Overall he was class on Saturday and is going to walk our league this season, if I was to criticise him he was a bit greedy at times.

So, he played 25 minutes against Hibs as a RW, then he played almost 90mins as a LW (even though he did switch wings occasionally).

In total, he has played about 110 minutes of football and that is enough to decide that WS will ruin him and it's a waste of time playing him becasue of this.

Yep, that is some great analysis.

We haven't had a winger with the pace and trickery of Weiss for some years now - he's what most teams need - a fast tricky right winger with a decent cross and a good football brain.

I've watched Weiss for two and a bit games now (Easter Road and Ibrox) and he looks like he's the real deal and I'm delighted we've got him for a season and it's an arrangement that could work out well for both Rangers and his 'home' team of Man City - CL experience and all that - but if Smith continues to play the boy out of position then he could fuck up what could be a beautiful, albeit short-term marriage.

Weiss is a right-sided winger - that stood out at Easter Road - but yesterday Smith stuck him out on the left-wing (Lafferty anyone?) and he's never a left-winger.

Granted his ball to Miller for the second goal in Edinburgh came from a one-two down the left flank but that's not his strong suit.

Yesterday (on the left) not once did he go to the bye-line and cut a ball back - his natural instinct was to cut inside and cross with his right foot - the St Johnstone defenders quickly sussed that one out and he was blocked and caught in possession numerous time. Nor was he able to use to full advantage his blistering pace because he knew (as did the defenders) that at some point he'd have to put on the brakes and get the ball back to his favoured right foot for the cross in.

A blind man could see he'd be more effective down the right. :angry:

What is it with Smith and this continual playing players out of position?

It drives me fucking nuts!! :angry:

Some folk just don't have a clue!!!