Smith will waste our time with Weiss

CanadianBacon

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Weiss actually an out and out right winger or is this an attempt by some to justify their favourite player's pish performances?

Genuine question as when we signed him, the general consensus was that he was a left winger and our first out and out left winger since McCann. Now all of a sudden because of two runs from the right in his first match 3 months ago, he's an out and out right winger being shafted by his manager on the left

The only person who thinks he's a left winger is Smith.

He's wasted on the left, but i don't know if i'd put his bad form all down to Walter. I get the impression Weiss may have a bit of an attitude problem, the way he lashed out today was bloody stupid.

Although i perhaps am being a bit unfair there, and i'd still have him in the team in his correct position.

Weiss switches regularly to the right.

As for the Easter road match. Kenny's goal from Weiss-Davis-Weiss came from the left where Weiss was instrumental. But I get the point. :-)

I'd switch Nasey with Weiss. Naisey has proven he can play either side. Weiss has some real talent.... So give him a run on the right.

Here's a point though. Big Kyle has played out of position as well. But look @ his impact today. Far more than Vladimir. I think Weiss is reaching the 'overrated' level now.

The only person who thinks he's a left winger is Smith.

(tu)

Agreed.

I was under the impression he was a right winger? I remember thinking/saying at the time if we managed to get Eagles too then that's two natural wingers to compliment our midfield shape.

We:-)

I'd switch Nasey with Weiss. Naisey has proven he can play either side

He really hasn't. Have people just totally forgotten last season and how poor Naismith was? Hint for why he's doing so well this season - he isn't being forced to play on the left anymore

I knew nothing about him when we signed him, and was 'reliably' informed that he was a left winger

Cue X Files music n that

You were informed wrongly.

I can confidently say that I've never seen him play a full game on the left hand side, until he met Walter Smith.

He is a right Winger so thats where he should be played. Hopefully Wylde or even if we sign Kerkar then one of them will be played on the Left Wing.

I totally agree with the OP on this we need to stop playing him out of position or we wont get the best out of him.

Vladimir Weiss is a RW and that is where he should be played. When he is played on the left he cuts inside and narrows the game and leaves us with no width on the left. He is a natural winger who gets to the by line and whips crosses in but we waste him by playing him on the left.

In saying that he does not deserve to start at RW ahead of Naismith. Naismith has scored more goals, had more assists and has been playing very well from there and should be ahead of him.

He is a right Winger so thats where he should be played. Hopefully Wylde or even if we sign Kerkar then one of them will be played on the Left Wing.

I totally agree with the OP on this we need to stop playing him out of position or we wont get the best out of him.

And where does Naismith play? He's not going to get a game up front when Jelavic is fit

He has been by far (imo) our most impressive player this season (much moreso than Miller who despite his goals, has been anonymous in quite a few games) playing from the right

If it's a choice between him and Weiss for the right wing, Naismith wins every time for me

If we sign Kerkar, and when Jelavic returns, there is no way we can play both McCulloch and Edu. We would have 4 or 5 players fighting for the left wing spot every week if they did start, with that being the only position available.

perhaps we should give weiss a shot on the right and see how many goals and assists he can produce , and see if his form improves . i totally agree that we are not getting the best out of him and im sure he is getting a little pissed off aswell . cant imagine him being happy at being hooked at half time today .

He really hasn't. Have people just totally forgotten last season and how poor Naismith was? Hint for why he's doing so well this season - he isn't being forced to play on the left anymore

But.. that was last season. This is this season and Naismtih has been great all over the pitch.

Put it this way, We'll gain a lot with Weiss on the right and still gain with Nasey on the left. Best player in the SPL. (tu)

Definately NOT in favour of dropping Naismith from the right for Weiss. Naismith has been one of our best - in fact my player of the season so far and has mainly played on the right. People are asking us to move him, to accomodate a LOAN player. If he cant hack it on the left play Lafferty (how he has improved!!) and Weiss will just have to wait for his chance on the right.

He's a fcuking right winger and that is where he should play. We finally get in a proper winger and the manager play's him out of position - this is one thing I will not miss when Walter Smith leaves, although there is a good chance Ally McCoist will carry it on.

Weiss isn't getting away with it either. He needs to learn to start performing, he's just not delivering the goods.

He's a fcuking right winger and that is where he should play. We finally get in a proper winger and the manager play's him out of position - this is one thing I will not miss when Walter Smith leaves, although there is a good chance Ally McCoist will carry it on.

Weiss isn't getting away with it either. He needs to learn to start performing, he's just not delivering the goods.

Would you drop or move Naismith to accomodate Weiss. Or completely reshape the midfield to put him there ? I dont think its enough just to say Smith should play him there - its playing him there AND accomodating our other good players in 'our' system.

Naismith has performed on the left this season, he has also played up top. No reason to completely change the team to accomodate Weiss.

Weiss - Davis - Edu - Naismith

Weiss - Davis - Edu - Lafferty

_______Naismith__Miller_______

Pretty simple. This playing McCulloch and Edu in the middle of the park in the SPL is a fcuking joke, it does not work.

Naismith has performed on the left this season, he has also played up top. No reason to completely change the team to accomodate Weiss.

Weiss - Davis - Edu - Naismith

Weiss - Davis - Edu - Lafferty

_______Naismith__Miller_______

Pretty simple. This playing McCulloch and Edu in the middle of the park in the SPL is a fcuking joke, it does not work.

Some would argue it does work though, as we have not lost a game all season domestically...

I agree that the McCulloch and Edu partnership does not work, and tbh, I don't think we need to be playing 2 defensive midfielders in the SPL anyway. I would play Naismith on the left, give Weiss a kick up the arse and give him a go on the right, with Davis and McCulloch/Edu in CM.

It's common practice for wingers to switch flanks, preferable when we do have two natural wingers though. The same argument used to rage about Beasley, should be played on the right etc etc, but he himself turned round and said he prefers playing on the left.

As for Weiss, he should be playing for the team, and to me he just doesn't seem to be putting any effort in and looks totally disinterested at this moment in time, he himself should buck up his own ideas and irrespective if where he is asked to play he should give it 100% effort.