Wearing another teams shirt...

bluenose4life

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mainly buy other teams tops to wear if I like the design mostly, for example, i'm not the biggest Man Utd fan, but I got the blue and black away top because it was an absolute belter.

Also bought Roma's black top a few seasons ago, amazing top, until my dad washed it wrong and fucked up the graphics on it :lol:

For most other people it's probably a mix of that and supporting other teams outwith their man love of rangers. I'd get the Everton n Birmingham home tops if I seen them about because they look really good, not to mention they look like Rangers tops.

I only wear tops to games or to play futsal. My futsal team is white and plays 2 nights a week so one night I wear a Gers away top from a few seasons ago and the other an old home Leeds top.

I also wear my A-League team's guernsey to their matches.

Never anywhere else unless its a fancy dress party. I once went to a French guy from Uni's French themed birthday dressed as Cantona. Ironically I was not the biggest cunt there.

I think the main reason is that some see it as a fashion item. Others such as TravelingWilBEARy have already said they view it as an anti-fashion item. Some love them, some loathe them. I rarely wear mine although do when going to games, etc. (at least I did when Rangers were over in Aus, and will do for Supporters Club meets)

I often buy shirts of Holland, Hamburg, Northern Ireland etc. for playing football in, mostly because of my favourite Rangers players (Van Bronckhorst, De Boer, Numan, Davis, Lafferty etc.) but I would never wear anything other than a Rangers shirt to Ibrox, and would never claim any of these teams are my team.

I think the main reason is that some see it as a fashion item. Others such as TravelingWilBEARy have already said they view it as an anti-fashion item. Some love them, some loathe them. I rarely wear mine although do when going to games, etc. (at least I did when Rangers were over in Aus, and will do for Supporters Club meets)

Well! I understand fully why you don't wear your shirt on a regular basis Si....

Let's face it mate! your new Tennent's shirt is a collectors item. (tu):P

Calm down Gok Wan.

He has a fair point though...

I do however usualy wear them when I go to Ibrox, not at away games (unless it's my once in a bluemoon away European night) and not at any other time however.

On the point of wearing other teams strips, I wear Villa and Barca tops often when playing football. They just look good (tu)

I wear a rangers shirt at Ibrox and have worn it at the Britannia too on occasions. Especially the poppy one round november time. Very rare I wear a Stoke shirt dus to the continued bother you get wearing it at games (especially away) Mind you as a season ticket holder at both grounds I only really see home games now............

I wear a rangers shirt at Ibrox and have worn it at the Britannia too on occasions. Especially the poppy one round november time. Very rare I wear a Stoke shirt dus to the continued bother you get wearing it at games (especially away) Mind you as a season ticket holder at both grounds I only really see home games now............

You have to stop wearing your home shirt to stoke games to your own bloody ground coz you get bother?!

And you accept this?

Gers, Scotland and Liverpool usually for me, the three teams I've supported since I was a boy

Other than that I bought the Germany top to wear on holiday as I was in a hotel of England fans when the game was on :craphead:

Usually buy footy tops as a souvineer of where I've been or sometimes just if its cheap and I like the design but I only wear them to play football, on holiday or around the house

dont see the problem with it as long as its no a republic of ireland top or sumthin like that lol :uk: i mainly by rangers & the odd scotland top have had barca(orange)& home Holland wen we had all the dutch guys numan etc bought the dutch away top afew yrs ago cos it was light blue with red,white & blue stripe across the chest also have bought juventus cos i grew up idolising del piero on football italia on channel 4 (tu)

Besides Rangers tops the only one for a team with which I have no actual link is the Italy top from USA 94, because Baggio was one of my childhood heroes and I always thought it was a nice shirt. I don't wear it, it's just a piece of memorabilia that I like.

I have no problem with people wearing tops from other teams though. If I could get hold of a mid-90s Milan shirt on the cheap I would, because I've always liked the team. It's not like cheating on Rangers :P