Non-Glasgow Bears

bluenose4life

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not denying that people from outside of Glasgow who support Rangers are passionate bears.

But i just ask the question, how come so many people from outside of Glasgow support Rangers in the first place?

Can you see thousands upon thousand from Glasgow supporting Hearts of Hibs from Edinburgh? not a chance ! so that makes me wonder, do fans from different places support the Rangers due to their success and the size of the club.

You go to Ibrox these days and hear so many different accents, why dont they seem 2 support their local team like I do mine ?

This is no offence 2 any1 from outside Glasgow who supports the Gers, just my opionion, i respect any fellow trueblue.

well you ddidnt say this in the other thread. Personally, ive followed the gers all my life. I often see buses coming along the M8 with hearts/hibs fans in them heading to Edinburgh for games, so there are ppl who travel to them too. they just wernt chosen :P

Just becasue i dont live at ibrox, doesnt mean im not a true blue. My blood is blue.

Support who you want........just don’t change. That is criminal.

Just remember when the topic of Rangers status around the World compared to the Man U’s, RM, Milans..........don’t discount the fans they have in the far east, Aussie, the States as glory hunters and not real fans, but we are happy to have Bears in the same countries and call them real fans (which they are)

Support who you want........just don’t change. That is criminal.

Just remember when the topic of Rangers status around the World compared to the Man U’s, RM, Milans..........don’t discount the fans they have in the far east, Aussie, the States as glory hunters and not real fans, but we are happy to have Bears in the same countries and call them real fans (which they are)

Totally agree.

You can support who you want, people who lie about it and jump-the-dyke's are the problem.

Also, I consider someone who even looks out for Rangers results/news on teletext a Rangers fan. There's all different levels of supporter - but we are all still Rangers fans.

Im half scottish my Dad's from Glasgow and I have been brought up to support and love Rangers. Ive a ST and travel over every other week some weeks I can't make it over for different reasons. But I don't like the fact you're calling people outside Glasgow Glory Hunters.

The majority of us support who our Fathers supported. Nothing to do with glory hunting.

My category also. Being born where I was and when I was in lancaster, I would support man utd if I was a glory supporter. Born a Ranger, Die a Ranger. More than a club. More than fans. We Are The People

This is just out of interest, nothing really to do with what you just said.

Answer it anyway though, what songs do you sing when showing support of Rangers?

i think i see where your going with this....songs about northern ireland when im not northern irish ?

Totally agree.

You can support who you want, people who lie about it and jump-the-dyke's are the problem.

Also, I consider someone who even looks out for Rangers results/news on teletext a Rangers fan. There's all different levels of supporter - but we are all still Rangers fans.

Yeah mate............i go with that too. My missus has supported Man U since she was a small kid because her Dad did, she’s never been to a game but always looks out for the games and results on Thai TV..........she’s a fan as much as the guy that goes every week at OT.

My daughter is 2 and has her Rangers strip and will hopefully support Rangers .............i wouldn’t “force” her to support us but if she follows her Mums lead i have no problem with that

I've got massive respect for anyone who comes from miles away (especially the Belfast support) to be there at the games. I get a bit miffed because Ibrox is a bus and train away but these people come from accross the fucking sea in some cases to see the mighty Bears :clap::clap:

i think i see where your going with this....songs about northern ireland when im not northern irish ?

;) Bingo.

I don't consider anyone to be a glory hunter unless they as others have previously said, switched to us because we're winning or stop supporting because we're losing.

If you take all other supporters away from Rangers except the ones from Glasgow, you have got a really small club, lets be honest.

You have also lost most of the history and culture associated with it.

im not saying that you cant support whatever team you want, or claiming that if your a bear from outside Glasgow then your not as passionate. All i was trying to find out is what makes some1 support Rangers who isnt from the area or didnt hav a dad support them etc?

Its no coincidence that Rangers are Scotland / worlds most successful club and we're one of the worlds most supported clubs....i think it speaks volumes for some1 who doesnt support their local team, but somehow manages to land on supporting the club thats most successful,bit thats your call.

and as ive sayed before, i dont have a problem with non glaswegian bears, any rangers fan is good enough for me, i jus wanted 2 find the reasoning behind it.

Same as most people, I was born into a Rangers supporting family. Probably fair to say, this was as a result of my families religion. I've never had people label me as a glory hunter,I think, because Greenock is still on the West coast and Strathclyde area. Just glad I wasn't born into a Morton family :sleep1:

But that's the thing about Rangers, it's a club with a much larger sphere of influence, mainly because it doesn't often use the Glasgow title. An affiliation with The Rangers isn't just based on geography like most others, that's why we're such a big club. It's just like Manchester United trying to drop the Manchester part of their title.

im not saying that you cant support whatever team you want, or claiming that if your a bear from outside Glasgow then your not as passionate. All i was trying to find out is what makes some1 support Rangers who isnt from the area or didnt hav a dad support them etc?

Its no coincidence that Rangers are Scotland / worlds most successful club and we're one of the worlds most supported clubs....i think it speaks volumes for some1 who doesnt support their local team, but somehow manages to land on supporting the club thats most successful,bit thats your call.

and as ive sayed before, i dont have a problem with non glaswegian bears, any rangers fan is good enough for me, i jus wanted 2 find the reasoning behind it.

If you've no problem, then why call the guy a glory hunter?

I've followed Rangers for about 11 years now, get up early every weekend to watch the games, and made my pilgrimage to Ibrox a few years ago-which was one of the great moments I've experienced.

I don't have any family ties to Rangers obviously, and perhaps people that have been going to games and have had season tickets for decades take precedence over people like me, but as long as you have a passion for Rangers and make every effort to support them however you can you're a true fan IMO

I've followed Rangers for about 11 years now, get up early every weekend to watch the games, and made my pilgrimage to Ibrox a few years ago-which was one of the great moments I've experienced.

I don't have any family ties to Rangers obviously, and perhaps people that have been going to games and have had season tickets for decades take precedence over people like me, but as long as you have a passion for Rangers and make every effort to support them however you can you're a true fan IMO

a big (tu)

My reason is family aswell, i'd have been completely disowned if I went any other way.

Over here it is seen as a way of life, im sure it is to alot of people in Scotland too, but in N.Ireland people nearly look at what football shirt you're wearing just to see what religious background you or your family are from.

Also, have you seen Irish football?!