Non-Glasgow Bears

bluenose4life

Spurs would be my team in England, but I would say Arsenal pre-Wenger were close to having that austere identity that The Rangers has.

As regards our fans who go on to play for them(Celtic): whenever I read about them they seem alien to me, it actually affects my senses that there could be a boy attending Ibrox 'Every Other Saturday', and who could go on and play for them. I simply cannot understand them, and refuse to even try.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... Don't I have to go through some sort of "Burning of the unholy testament" to cleanse me of my Catholicism and become an atheist? :lol:

I say officially because I've had my conformation, communion, confession etc etc all in catholic churchs.

Is it really that easy to not be a catholic anymore?

"Hmmm I don't actually think there's a god" BANG! Atheist! (tu)

Once you come to the obvious conclusion of there being no invisible man in the sky, you should also come to the conclusion that communion and all that other nonsense means absolutely diddly squat. Just because some paedophile poured magic water on you or you ate some prawn crackers or whatver doesn't make you anything, you're free my man, enjoy it ;)

A job's a job? well it wouldn't be Celtic or bust would it? The thought of ever playing in front of their fans, making their fans happy if they ever beat Rangers, with me in the team, is too much to contemplate. And I'm very serious about that.

As regards to the Glory Hunter tag and Brown: that was in the context of me thinking the reference was about Brown. No, to me Brown is worse than a Glory Hunter.

i thought the topic was about glory hunting u branded him one for playin for smeltic i see glory hunting as a diff thing course there is worse to call him than a glory hunter same be said bout Miller and others

That's a different topic to be honest,you have insinuated you would play for Celt*c rather than be on the dole.

So your sig says 'We hate Celt*c F*nian bastards' ...unless they offer me decent money ?

Some people have principles and stick to them and i would clean shit from McDonalds toilet with a toothbrush before i'd sign for them and yes I'm a Dad before you ask if i have kids to provide for.

like i said we were on the topic of glory hunting is why i said what i said, but on that we could talk about miller and a few other players over time, me id have no hope n hell playin for my local pub team even if they had 6 players on a sunday, my mates brother is a good Rangers fan through n through as is his family and has "apparently" been scouted to play at the youth team wi smeltic

so he has his foot in a door to become pro if he is good enough, if the story is even true, should he knock that chance back cos he loves the rangers? or should he take the oppertunity? . i know theres not much comparison between but what do u do? take the chance be offered a contract by yer dream team later on in life? or do a Thommson and swear his whole career will/should be at ibrox? then like boyd fuck of wi strachan cos the moneys good.

Boyd gone miller our new idol(was he a couple years ago?) weiss with us for one year we love him already next year he is gone(not to the scum i know). i was back in glasgow not long after the end of last season wearing my rangers top and had 3 neds shouting at me KEANO KEANO i had to laugh and told them as i laughed keano is away back to spurs to win fuck all there to. who ever wears a rangers shirt i will admire until they are gone, yes we have our legends who we will always admire but if mcdonalds offered u £6.50 an hour to wash there shitters and smeltic offered u 25-30k a week to wash theres would u knock that back? i dont think u would, but at the same time i dont think u would tell anyone u took the job in either places

i thought the topic was about glory hunting u branded him one for playin for smeltic i see glory hunting as a diff thing course there is worse to call him than a glory hunter same be said bout Miller and others

like i said we were on the topic of glory hunting is why i said what i said, but on that we could talk about miller and a few other players over time, me id have no hope n hell playin for my local pub team even if they had 6 players on a sunday, my mates brother is a good Rangers fan through n through as is his family and has "apparently" been scouted to play at the youth team wi smeltic

so he has his foot in a door to become pro if he is good enough, if the story is even true, should he knock that chance back cos he loves the rangers? or should he take the oppertunity? . i know theres not much comparison between but what do u do? take the chance be offered a contract by yer dream team later on in life? or do a Thommson and swear his whole career will/should be at ibrox? then like boyd fuck of wi strachan cos the moneys good.

Boyd gone miller our new idol(was he a couple years ago?) weiss with us for one year we love him already next year he is gone(not to the scum i know). i was back in glasgow not long after the end of last season wearing my rangers top and had 3 neds shouting at me KEANO KEANO i had to laugh and told them as i laughed keano is away back to spurs to win fuck all there to. who ever wears a rangers shirt i will admire until they are gone, yes we have our legends who we will always admire but if mcdonalds offered u £6.50 an hour to wash there shitters and smeltic offered u 25-30k a week to wash theres would u knock that back? i dont think u would, but at the same time i dont think u would tell anyone u took the job in either places

I didn't brand him one for playing for Celtic, I misunderstood who a poster was referring to and wondered if he was referring to Brown, as it was said, originally, in an article about Scott Brown.

I didn't brand him one for playing for Celtic, I misunderstood who a poster was referring to and wondered if he was referring to Brown, as it was said, originally, in an article about Scott Brown.

it is the trouble with typing on a forum and chatting in the pub the context can be hard to understand or be read in another way

Glad you brought that up as he's no hero in my eyes,he does a job for the team however i will never sing his name as he sold out for that scum,and you obviously don't know me if you think I'd play or indeed work for them.

I'd take pride in saying i knocked back the scum,if you're good enough for the F*nians you're good enough for other teams.

I spent my childhood in the stands watching Rangers,it's wrong on so many levels to then don the shirt of the scum you grew up hating for what? Money ?

Money can't buy principles and you can still put food on the table.

i dont know u thats the thing and im not saying your bullshitting either but 90-99% of the time money talks, ive worked from i got kicked outa school ill do anything for work if the monesy right(no bending over tho) i might not like the job one bit but if the money is right ill turn up and smile when i collect my wage packet

i dont know u thats the thing and im not saying your bullshitting either but 90-99% of the time money talks, ive worked from i got kicked outa school ill do anything for work if the monesy right(no bending over tho) i might not like the job one bit but if the money is right ill turn up and smile when i collect my wage packet

Cool we're different and i can respect that.

I would do any job apart from work for them as I'm old school,moneys great but I'd still have to look at myself in the mirror every day and although that's usually an amazing sight it would be somewhat flawed if i had pulled on the green and grey but each to their own (tu)

okay, im getting a bit pissed off with this bullshit. Certain people saying you're a glory hunter if you aint from glasgow (forgetting you coudl be born there and moved). Defination of glory hunter to me is those who follow one team, untill they are losing and follow another who are winning, and swapping all the time so you follow the winning team.

Now, as a guy who has supported the gers for the last 24 years, seaon ticket holder for years, went to every game under le guen (i should get a fucking medal for that alone!), been to away games, eu games, and got a ticket for the uefa cup final... despite being from Edin...

So i thot, how many other bears live outside the fishbowl? I know many live down south, in belfast, usa, etc...

quote that pissed me off was

to me the real glory hunters are those who live miles away from the team they support and never make it to any games home or away.i get called a glory hunter now and again even although i missed approx 20 games between 64 and jan 77 when i moved down here and even now i manage at least 4 games a season glory hunter i must be then if thats all i can manage

Im not denying that people from outside of Glasgow who support Rangers are passionate bears.

But i just ask the question, how come so many people from outside of Glasgow support Rangers in the first place?

How-come-so-many-Bears-from-Glasgow-sing-songs-about-another-country-when-supporting-the-Rangers?

to me the real glory hunters are those who live miles away from the team they support and never make it to any games home or away.i get called a glory hunter now and again even although i missed approx 20 games between 64 and jan 77 when i moved down here and even now i manage at least 4 games a season glory hunter i must be then if thats all i can manage

that makes no sense :BELM:

simple really how can you support a club and never attend any matches they are invoved in.now that is glory hunting

What about the Americans, AUssies, New Zelanders, etc...? we have many who support us from abroad but have never been to a game.

If you call that glory hunting - waht do you call thsoe who follow us till we are down and then swap to celtic/aberdeen or down south from man utd to chelsea to spurs, etc...

Totally agree.

You can support who you want, people who lie about it and jump-the-dyke's are the problem.

Also, I consider someone who even looks out for Rangers results/news on teletext a Rangers fan. There's all different levels of supporter - but we are all still Rangers fans.

That is never a fan.

I look out for some teams results in the paper on a sunday morning and wouldnt consider myself a fan

Im from ayrshire and have to say guys there is a huge majority in ayrshire that are rangers fans i live 1 mile from kilwinning but can say that probabyly 70 to 80% of ppl down here supports rangers.

There isn't even pockets of timmery down here, they don't seem to congregate in ghettos like they do in other parts of Scotland. They are spread very thinly in Ayrshire. At my school their support was probably on the same level as Ayr and Killie, with Rangers being an overwhelming majority.

There isn't even pockets of timmery down here, they don't seem to congregate in ghettos like they do in other parts of Scotland. They are spread very thinly in Ayrshire. At my school their support was probably on the same level as Ayr and Killie, with Rangers being an overwhelming majority.

In my school there was no such thing as a cltic fan at all :pipe:

In my school there was no such thing as a cltic fan at all :pipe:

The ones at my school weren't that bad, apart from one cunt who was always going on about the 'RA and whatever. He should really have been given a doing looking back, but he'd probably have played the race card since he was a person of colour, which he used to do quite often.

The ones at my school weren't that bad, apart from one cunt who was always going on about the 'RA and whatever. He should really have been given a doing looking back, but he'd probably have played the race card since he was a person of colour, which he used to do quite often.

If he'd gone tae ma school he woulda ended up a "person of colour" - black and fuckin blue...................................................:uk:

Travel from outside Dumfries and Galloway every game, not the furthest but it can be hard work sometimes, few hours by bus. It's a very long day - we leave at 9am and are home for about half 7/8 (3o'clock kick off that is)

Shite travelling home when we don't get a win :lol: