Non-Glasgow Bears

bluenose4life

okay, im getting a bit pissed off with this bullshit. Certain people saying you're a glory hunter if you aint from glasgow (forgetting you coudl be born there and moved). Defination of glory hunter to me is those who follow one team, untill they are losing and follow another who are winning, and swapping all the time so you follow the winning team.

Now, as a guy who has supported the gers for the last 24 years, seaon ticket holder for years, went to every game under le guen (i should get a fucking medal for that alone!), been to away games, eu games, and got a ticket for the uefa cup final... despite being from Edin...

So i thot, how many other bears live outside the fishbowl? I know many live down south, in belfast, usa, etc...

quote that pissed me off was

from stirling and supporting rangers ? glory hunter my friend ?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, im getting a bit pissed off with this bullshit. Certain people saying you're a glory hunter if you aint from glasgow (forgetting you coudl be born there and moved). Defination of glory hunter to me is those who follow one team, untill they are losing and follow another who are winning, and swapping all the time so you follow the winning team.

Now, as a guy who has supported the gers for the last 24 years, seaon ticket holder for years, went to every game under le guen (i should get a fucking medal for that alone!), been to away games, eu games, and got a ticket for the uefa cup final... despite being from Edin...

So i thot, how many other bears live outside the fishbowl? I know many live down south, in belfast, usa, etc...

:craphead:

Some of the guys that live in England and Ireland/Ulster that come over for every game, or every home game - deserves a fucking medal.

Even lads from Elgin/Aberdeen/Peterhead etc too.

I sometimes think it's a chore making the 20 minute drive from Dumbarton to Ibrox but these types of guys are real fans. More Hardcore than someone who goes to Motherwell or Kilmarnock or Hamilton a few times a season for the away days.

born in glasgow live in england now supported em from when i was old enough to know the difference between good and bad

get every new top buy a fair bit of merchandise go to as many games as possible not as many as i would like but i sure do shout out louder at the tv or pc screen(when needed) than more people speak or sing at ibrox half the time

FOLLOW FOLLOW

I can honestly say that I take my hat off to people who travel hundreds of miles to Ibrox, especially the ones who cross the Irish Sea every fortnight. I suppose Glory Hunters could include Glasgow fans, the type who say that 'unless the product on the park improves blah blah...they won't be back', and treat the Club as similar to Asda, where they are mere consumers at times.

Too many arsehole talking shite is the problem.

Remember this prick in the kaidekoi pub kilmarnock shouting were not orange were not green we support our local team.

Fanny was from ayr. wanker.gif

That pisses me off too.

I suppose the next time on Sky One it shows you Chris the postman from Essex making the 400 mile journey up to see Queen Of The South on a Saturday, they won't be happy to see him? hypocrites.

Too many arsehole talking shite is the problem.

Remember this prick in the kaidekoi pub kilmarnock shouting were not orange were not green we support our local team.

Fanny was from ayr. wanker.gif

Where's that from? It's a bunch of fuckin mutants who drink in the Kadekoi so I'm not surprised.

Im not denying that people from outside of Glasgow who support Rangers are passionate bears.

But i just ask the question, how come so many people from outside of Glasgow support Rangers in the first place?

Can you see thousands upon thousand from Glasgow supporting Hearts of Hibs from Edinburgh? not a chance ! so that makes me wonder, do fans from different places support the Rangers due to their success and the size of the club.

You go to Ibrox these days and hear so many different accents, why dont they seem 2 support their local team like I do mine ?

This is no offence 2 any1 from outside Glasgow who supports the Gers, just my opionion, i respect any fellow trueblue.

Im not denying that people from outside of Glasgow who support Rangers are passionate bears.

But i just ask the question, how come so many people from outside of Glasgow support Rangers in the first place?

Can you see thousands upon thousand from Glasgow supporting Hearts of Hibs from Edinburgh? not a chance ! so that makes me wonder, do fans from different places support the Rangers due to their success and the size of the club.

You go to Ibrox these days and hear so many different accents, why dont they seem 2 support their local team like I do mine ?

This is no offence 2 any1 from outside Glasgow who supports the Gers, just my opionion, i respect any fellow trueblue.

Rangers is more than a club. A symbol.

This is just out of interest, nothing really to do with what you just said.

Answer it anyway though, what songs do you sing when showing support of Rangers?