Who was scotlands last genuine world class player

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a period of about 10 months when Barry was 21 that he would have given anyone a tough time in central midfield IMO.

No doubt, but there were atleast 5-6 other players who could have given more of a tough time. He was a top top player for a decent period of time, but he was nowhere near the best in his position in the world.

I'd say Law and Dalglish amybe the only two genuine world class players to have come from Scotland. A lot of borderline... like Souness, Baxter, Mcgrain, but I'm actually too young to have seen any of these play...

No doubt, but there were atleast 5-6 other players who could have given more of a tough time. He was a top top player for a decent period of time, but he was nowhere near the best in his position in the world.

I'd say Law and Dalglish amybe the only two genuine world class players to have come from Scotland. A lot of borderline... like Souness, Baxter, Mcgrain, but I'm actually too young to have seen any of these play...

Agree with this though I've heard people say at one time Souness was probably the best of his kind at one point.

Probably Dalgleish.

Barry Frguson......world class!!!

that;s funny. For me World class is used far too easily in football. For me World class means the best 11 players in the World

I agree with most views above, but I believe, on his day, Richard gough could have played in the top leagues no probs.

Strolling through games for everton when he 40.

Only played for spurs because jim McLean would not sell directly to rangers.

I think he could have been up there, but that is just my opinion of course.